Mojo Filter's Top 50 Bands

Tools    

This was a tough list for me to compile, but I believe the following list of pop/rock bands represents my all-time Top 50 Bands.

I will list them in separate posts starting at number 50 and counting down to 1.

Here goes...

50. BON JOVI

Yes, I know, they're not necessarily the "bad boys" of rock, but they sure have some really infectious songs that span 30+ years.

My favorite songs:
Runaway
Livin' On A Prayer
You Give Love A Bad Name
Bad Medicine
Keep The Faith
In These Arms
Something For The Pain
Lie To Me

Wanted Dead Or Alive

My favorite album:
Keep The Faith

49. HUEY LEWIS & THE NEWS

Growing up in the 80's, there was no escaping the soulful sound and catchy tunes of Huey Lewis and his News.

My favorite songs:
Do You Believe In Love?
If This Is It
I Want A New Drug
Heart And Soul
The Power Of Love
Bad Is Bad
Walking On A Thin Line

Stuck With You

My favorite album:
Sports

48. COLDPLAY

I've been hooked on Coldplay's music ever since I heard Yellow in 2000. Chris Martin is one of the most gifted singer/songwriters of our time.

My favorite songs:
Yellow
In My Place
Clocks
Speed Of Sound
Paradise
Fix You

Shiver

My favorite album:
Parachutes

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I'll never admit to being a Jovi fan, but I probably listened to the cassingle of Blaze of Glory for an entire summer all day long. My sister had New Jersey and I remember how great that sounded sitting in my suicide seat in our Celebrity wagon.

Anyone talks sideways about the News, Robert Stack is putting you on tv. That's pure B2F.

Really nice production value mojo.

A music list I can get on board with. Never been a Huey Lewis fan, but his music is very easy to listen too and sing along with. I like the group, especially the stuff from BTTF. Coldplay is great. If they had been around when I was in HS I would have had them on a loop. I just don't listen to music all that often. I have heard all their albums though, and think they are great.

Nothing that overly pops out at me yet but it's your list, not mine. I love the post design.

I also agree with Camo that Coldplay is unnecessarily over hated. I'm not a huge fan of them, but I never had a problem with them, and was always confused when people said they were terrible or something.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Thumbs up for Bon Jovi and Huey Lewis. Not my all-time favourites, but I do like a few songs/albums of theirs.

Coldplay are alright. I used to hate them, but I was swayed by "The Scientist". Great song.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Do you like Huey Lewis and The News? Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Not a fan of Coldplay but I do like The News and Bon Jovi. I also like Lay Your hands on Me from the latter, and I'd say Heart and Soul is my favorite from The News.

Awesome list Mojo!

I'll listen to Bon Jovi any day and way back in the day I remember listening to Huey Lewis and the News a lot! I even seen them in concert they opened for The Police on the Synchronicity tour. Huey and the boys really know how to perform live, they weren't rock stars, they were just a bunch of guys jammin out.

Coldplay!, love their music, it's so poetic and deep.

47. ROXETTE

The sultry voice of Marie Fredriksson combined with the smashing guitar and song lyrics of Per Gessle made Swedish musical duo Roxette one of the best pop acts of the late 80's and early 90's.

My favorite songs:
The Look
Dangerous
How Do You Do?
Spending My Time
It Must Have Been Love
Vulnerable

Fading Like A Flower (Every Time You Leave)

My favorite album:
Don't Bore Us, Get To The Chorus

46. GOO GOO DOLLS

To many, the Dolls are a punk rock band that sold out for more radio-friendly tunes and commercial success. To me, one of the best rock bands in the post-grunge 90's music scene.

My favorite songs:

Black Balloon
Broadway
Sympathy
Stay With You
Better Days

Name

My favorite album:
Let Love In

Awesome list Mojo!

I'll listen to Bon Jovi any day and way back in the day I remember listening to Huey Lewis and the News a lot! I even seen them in concert they opened for The Police on the Synchronicity tour. Huey and the boys really know how to perform live, they weren't rock stars, they were just a bunch of guys jammin out.

Coldplay!, love their music, it's so poetic and deep.

Thanks, Citizen Rules!

I've never seen Huey Lewis live, but I'm sure it's hell of a lot of fun.

Coldplay is the modern day U2. That's how I see them

I really don't know Roxette besides The Look. Goo Goo Dolls are from my hometown. I have always enjoyed them.

I take it you're from Buffalo, New York then

I enjoy them as well. John Rzeznik is very talented.

I take it you're from Buffalo, New York then

I enjoy them as well. John Rzeznik is very talented.
Yeah, more specifically Lockport which claims one of the members. It's about 30 minutes outside Buffalo.

45. AIR SUPPLY

I credit my parents for this entry, and for that I am ever so grateful. The soft rock duo from Australia made some of the most beautiful power ballads in the late 70's and 80's.

My favorite songs:
Lost In Love
Even The Nights Are Better
Lonely Is The Night
Making Love Out Of Nothing At All

All Out Of Love

My favorite album:
Greatest Hits

44. SOUNDGARDEN

Chris Cornell and company were arguably the best alternative rock band of the 90's. Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and R.E.M. fans tend to disagree.

My favorite songs:

Spoonman
Fell On Black Days
Blow Up The Outside World
Black Hole Sun

Burden In My Hand

My favorite album:
Superunknown