Rate the last album you've heard

Tools    

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I definitely thought Imagine was the better of the two. Plastic Ono Band was fine, and I admired Lennon's lyrics, but Imagine is the one I can see being a favourite of mine in the future.

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Chasing Yesterday (2015)
Co-founder, chief songwriter, guitarist, and occasional lead singer of the 90's Britrock supergroup Oasis has been making beautiful music since departing from his former band in 2009. Even though the moniker 'High Flying Birds' sounds like a band, this is purely Noel's solo project. The first album, 2011's High Flying Birds, was magnificent. This follow-up is equally amazing. Tracks like the first single In The Heat Of The Moment, You Know We Can't Go Back, and Lock All The Doors (a song written in the 90's, intended as an Oasis song that did not come to fruition) show Noel hasn't lost the ability for writing hard-hitting powerhouse rock tunes. Other tracks like the second single The Ballad Of The Mighty I (which features Johnny Marr of The Smiths on guitar), The Right Stuff, and While The Song Remains The Same are what Noel is really good at; writing elusive tunes that will crawl under your skin and move you.

I highly recommend giving Chasing Yesterday a listen or two.

TRACK PICK
You Know We Can't Go Back

Some recent listens. All these will no doubt grow and become uber-favorites. I loved them. Especially Abyss and Ys.

+

+

Albums I heard recently...

Van Halen : 5150

Might piss off some people, but i am a major Van Hagar fan and 5150 has so many great Van Halen tunes. Sammy Hagar still sings good, David Lee Roth sounds like garbage more than he did before Sammy.

Cage the Elephant, Tell me i'm Pretty
While I'm not sure it has the same instant radio hits as their last two albums it's very well put together with no bad songs.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?

Artist - Apathy
Album - Connecticut Casual
Genre - Hip Hop
Rating - 8/10

Apathy, a member of hip hop groups Demigodz and Army of the Pharaohs, as well as a prolific solo artist in his own right, is back with Connecticut Casual. The album has well crafted beats and production, and Apathy simply spits like a pro, this albums is basically a showcase for his Lyrical Wordsmith Geniusness

Band - Opeth
Album - Morningrise
Genre - Death Metal
Rating - 8.5/10

Hailing from Sweden, Opeth are Melodic Death metal, with elements of progressive and folk thrown in. Morningrise is their second effort and my personal favourite by them. The album features both clean and guttural vocals, this album is notable in that it is the final album in which they used this style of music. Their next album My Arms, Your Hearse, was a step in a more melodic and progressive direction, and that's where I left them.

Let the night air cool you off
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - F♯ A♯ ∞

I asked Swan what I should listen to, and this is what he chose for me. It's not like much of anything I've listened to. Post-rock isn't a genre that I've really explored to any sort of extent. Rating it wouldn't be easy for me, so I will take the easy cop-out of not giving it a popcorn score. I can say that I was very impressed, and really enjoyed it in the same way I enjoy classical music. This is the natural progression of classical music to me. Not only because it's instrumental music, but the movements were actually emotional and weren't there just to "sound cool." Not that there is anything wrong with music like that, but F-Sharp, A-Sharp, Infinity has more depth than the average piece. I look forward to hearing it again.

First albums I listened to on vinyl in full...

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here -

(Relisten)

A phenomenal album, one of the greatest of all-time, that still feels fresh despite having listened to many times before. Every track is golden. My favorite, if I had to pick, would probably be "Welcome to the Machine," but it's a hard choice.

MF Doom - Mm... Food -
+
(First listen)

First listen so I'm cautious with my rating, which could improve over time. I've heard Doom's work on Madvillainy before, and this is just as good as that album, and maybe an even more cohesive work - one that flows together really nicely. Anyway, the guy has made two of the best hip-hop albums I've personally ever heard, though it's admittedly a genre I've yet to completely familiarize myself with.

Welcome to the human race...

Grimes - Art Angels

On a first listen, it definitely manages to match up to Visions, but there isn't quite anything on the same level as "Oblivion". Will see how well it holds up on repeat listens but for now I'd say it's pretty good.

- Overcome and The Fall Of Ideals are two of the best metalcore album of all-time and both album are masterpiece of music for me. I love All That Remains and for you people who like Screaming music like me, I highly recommend both albums.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I have the original CD of this album. I bought it. I used to like this kind of music. Now I don't like it. I would've given the original CD to you if you lived in my city.