Best movie about Aliens/UFO's

Tools    

Anarchist within reason
Signs was good, scary in bits but spoiled by a bit of a tool ending

Close Encounters
Alien, Aliens, Alien 3

Did anyone ever see a made for tv movie called, Alien Abduction: The Mcphearson tape

I thought that was pretty good, really creepy even with poor effects and the dodgy cut scenes when they interviewed 'experts' and 'abductees'
If at his council I should turn aside, Into that ominous tract which all agree, Hides the Dark Tower. Yet aquiescingly I did turn as he pointed, neither pride nor hope at the end descried, so much as gladness that some end might be.

Robert Browning 'Childe Roland to The Dark Tower Came'

Manolo, Shoot That Piece Of Sh*t!
The original The Day the Earth Stood Still
That was a great movie, I haven't seen the remake yet, but I've heared it sucks.

Greets
Spikez

Spikez's DVD Collection

Last Movie Seen: The Breakfast Club

Manolo, Shoot That Piece Of Sh*t!
Well, I have to pick this one if only because it's based on a true story. In fact it is the full story of what happened on that fateful day. They give you all the evidence, based only on the secret testimonies of the miserable souls who survived the terrifying ordeal. The incidents, the places - my friend, they cannot keep this a secret any longer. Let us punish the guilty, let us reward the innocent. My friend, can your heart stand
the shocking facts about...grave robbers from outer space?!?

Buh, I don't like this one, as soon as you see the 2 gravediggers standing there and the woman shows up, I turn it off, I just can't watch that stuff.

Greets
Spikez

Beware The Probe!
If you mean sci-fi movies I will say ID-4.
If you mean a movie about actual UFOs and aliens I would say either Close Encounters or Fire in the Sky.

My favorite aliens/UFO's films are:
(not in any particular order)

Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Alien & Aliens
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial

I want to see CJ7 because I liked Shaolin Soccer. But the trailer for CJ7 gets me having doubts.

Best movie about Aliens/UFO's

My pick goes to either ET or Signs
I love Aliens/UFO's movies.
Especially 1950s style.
The more fake the better.
Hmmm.
I like, Forbidden Planet, with Robbie Robot.
Here I go... Plan 9 from Outer Space... etc.

Doesn't this look cool?

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
C'mon....

forget that Spielberg ****...

This is John Carpenter's territory.

Starman

The Thing

They Live!

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Also, one I remember watching over and over as a kid. . .

...uh the post is up there...

Also im adding ot my choice the movie Fantastic Planet , its absolutely excellent. I recently gave close encounters a look and a great movie? yes but a great alien movie , no because you see aliens for literally 5-10 mins throughout the 2 and a half hour movie , so no , not a great ALIEN movie

Sometimes the unseen is more powerful than the obvious, hmm? It is certainly a great ALIEN movie.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

new member here,
but you cant possibly think that Independence Day is among the best ufo/alien movies.
Ok, Close Encounters is up there
Alien,
The Thing
but how come everyone forgets Contact?
Rated high up, exactly because it deals with the subject of aliens and never shows any. Its about the contact and communication people, not how they look

As to the oldies, they are classic and not subject to any comparison. These guys made those movies with ridiculous technical means, thats why i regard them as masterpieces
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Oracle: Everything that has a beginning has an end. I see the end coming. I see the darkness spreading. I see death. And you are all that stands in his way.
Neo: Smith.

Friendly alien visitors:

3. Cocoon
The aliens have touched down, and they're not here to conquer us, morph into our bodies, drain us of our energy sources, or steal our sun. They just want to take a few of their "left-overs" from their first visit, home.
And if not, at least take some of our senior citizens with 'em.
Which is fine by us.
Cuz in space, no one can hear an old man fart.

2. Starman
An alien being comes down to Earth, morphs into a human form in order to understand our species & then begins a race against time to meet with his star-faring rendevous party before the government military can get it's hands on him/it. But not before he/it can get a girl pregnant.
Simply put,
this movie is E.T. for adults.
Or at least, it's for those of us whose mind's are mature enough to understand that when it comes to traffic lights, red means "stop", green means "go" & yellow means "go very fast".

1. Contact
What Close Encounters Of The 3rd. Kind did back in the 70's, this film takes to the next evolutionary step, in terms of the actual physics & concepts of a meeting 'tween us mere mortals and any life-forms from beyond the stars.
For my money, Contact contains some of the best discussions of religion and atheism in any film ever made. It's depictions of the manner that things like general fear & politics can get in the way of a true quest for knowledge is both basely intelligent & comprehendibly poignant. This film's plot does a great job treading on the subject of how our society is constantly struggling between the comfort of what we already know & the confrontational truths about our species that can be revealed as result of the discovery of what is new, especially if seen thru the "eyes" of a life-form that's a lot smarter than us.

Unfriendly alien visitors:

3. Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)
A great classic sci-fi horror that thrills by channeling it's chills thru the use of the fears that we tend to hold most as a general populace. The fear that we & our brethen are not we seem to be.
And rarely does the black & white look of the time capture this cultural sub-genre fear of the unknown & magnify it so that even today, Invasion makes the viewer feel the sparseness of trust that was running amok during this era of red scares & McCarthyisms.
At the time, this movie could've easily influenced anyone to view his neighbor with a questioning look of "Are you a friend, a Pinko or a pod?"

2. The Blob
A big giant glob of pink snot that only gets bigger & bigger as the movie progresses.
Could somebody hand me over a city-sized piece of tissue, please?

1. Santa Claus Conquers the Martians
What happens when the Martians start to get nasty around the holiday season?
They end up getting a nice big ol' can of whoop-ass for Christmas from none other than Santa hisself.

i have seen many of them but still not like any of them.

War of the Worlds, Xtro 1, Without Warning, The Thing (old and new), Alien 1, The Arrival/The Second Arrival, The Blob.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I enjoyed watching Contact when I was younger, but I haven't seen it in years. I imagine if I were to watch it today, all the Christianity preaching in it by Mathew McWhatsit would be too much for me.

1. Contact
For my money, Contact contains some of the best discussions of religion and atheism in any film ever made. It's depictions of the manner that things like general fear & politics can get in the way of a true quest for knowledge is both basely intelligent & comprehendibly poignant. This film's plot does a great job treading on the subject of how our society is constantly struggling between the comfort of what we already know & the confrontational truths about our species that can be revealed as result of the discovery of what is new, especially if seen thru the "eyes" of a life-form that's a lot smarter than us.
Have you read Sagan's novel? It's a thousand times more in-depth. If the film's depiction of the themes in question were interesting to you, I can pretty much guarantee that the book will light the lamp of your mind in a huge way; it might be the most inspiring book I've ever read.

And for that reason, the film was a major disappointment for me. Glad you liked it, but it really didn't deliver in any substantial way what the novel dealt in.