I want to buy Parasite on 4K, but cannot find a 4K release.

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Is there a 4K release that is region 1, so it will play where I live, and maybe I'm just not looking hard enough?

I found this article:

https://dailydead.com/bong-joon-hos-...-january-28th/

But the stores do not have a 4K in their catalogue so far though, where I live, Canada, and couldn't find any on Amazon that are region 1.

“I was cured, all right!”
Here in Brazil there's a pettition going on for this film to be released in blu-ray. It sucks that most asian films are released in DVD only. Since it won the Oscar, maybe it will happen. Can't understand all the fuzz about this movie. As I said early this morning in another thread, I'm very happy for the award and etc. But wtf? I'll be more happy if Memories of Murder comes to blu-ray around here.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Looks like just digital 4K release.

France is getting a 4K steelbook, but it'll have French subs. And French Canadian is different than French European, hahaha.

Suspect's Reviews

Looks like just digital 4K release.

France is getting a 4K steelbook, but it'll have French subs. And French Canadian is different than French European, hahaha.
When you say looks like just digital 4k release, what do you mean by that? Where can I get that since all the stores are selling blu rays where I live?

But won't the rip not look as good if it's a rip, and negate the point of 4K?

But won't the rip not look as good if it's a rip, and negate the point of 4K?
It doesn't negate the point of 4k at all. I have some stunning 4k files. They;re about 95% of the quality of a 4k disc.

Oh okay. But bottom line is, there is no region 1 release of Parasite coming out to buy, instead of having to rip a France version?

It's just in the article I linked in the OP, it says Parasite is coming in 4K, and I think the article is referring to an American release isn't it?

Oh okay. But bottom line is, there is no region 1 release of Parasite coming out to buy, instead of having to rip a France version?
Yeah it sucks. There might be a download available somewhere but then you risk breaking the law, which is obviously not advisable.

Oh okay, so is the linked article incorrect then?

Well if the article is correct then, there was is the 4K release then? The article didn't say France or Europe only.

Oh so you would have to purchase the digital 4K by download then? Or only streaming?

Patience, my dear, patience!!!

Oh okay. Is it worth even getting a 4K disc player if more things are available for 4K download now, compared to on disc?

It doesn't have anything that is awesomely spectacular that blue ray would enhance. It's not like 1917 , that is worth the price of a blue ray.

Well I thought that the cinematography in Parasite was very good. Do you think that 4K is like 3D then, and maybe only blockbluster movies with lots of special effects and action like 1917 are the ones worth getting in 4K?