Political Talk

Tools    

Is this okay, or no? This is not a Trump thread! I just think it’s very important than we have a place where we can discuss politics in a hopefully gentle way.

The word on the street is Elizabeth Warren is running for President next year.

Bad idea, says this Trump supporter.

Get a bigger name, a bigger personality. Call Oprah Winfrey and tell her to run. Nobody likes Pocahontas.

Technically okay for now, but perhaps not for long. Problem (well, one of them) is that every political thread ends up becoming a dumping ground for all political issues. It never progresses or evolves and just gets bumped over and over by something someone's really mad about.

Let’s see what happens and if it gets out of control, close it and I shall not make another one (I hope).

I made this thread because someone on Facebook asked for the pros and cons of Elizabeth Warren, and they wouldn’t listen to me. Which doesn’t surprise me.

Wake up, liberals. If you want to win, you’ve got to get a bigger personality than Trump to take him on. I said it should be a celebrity, and it doesn’t have to be... but you shouldn’t be afraid of taking him on with another celebrity. Do you want to win or not?! Listen to Sexy... err, Jase... he saw Trump winning the moment he came down that escalator.

Welcome to the human race...
Because if anyone's going to have the best possible advice on how to oppose Trump, it's going to be the self-identified Trump supporter.

Technically okay for now, but perhaps not for long. Problem (well, one of them) is that every political thread ends up becoming a dumping ground for all political issues. It never progresses or evolves and just gets bumped over and over by something someone's really mad about.
It may not progress or evolve, but it might be cathartic for some. I say keep just the one - it's easy to ignore one thread if you're not into political debate/controversial topics. It's natural for people to want to talk about it, and even though it can be frustating, having the privilege taken away/squashed feels...wrong.

Sounds like politics!

Because if anyone's going to have the best possible advice on how to oppose Trump, it's going to be the self-identified Trump supporter.
I think it depends, actually. If someone support Trumps wholeheartedly, then yeah, their "advice" is probably concern trolling. If they do it sort of reluctantly, in a "beats the alternatives" kind of way, then their reasons for supporting him could actually be pretty relevant.

Re: political talk in general. I get the arguments. I've thought about them a lot. Part of the "just don't participate if you don't like it" thing is that pretty much nobody can follow through on that, and as you've all surely noticed it has a way of spreading to other topics, anyway, so it's not purely opt-in.

What do you guys think about John Delaney? He’s a name I just heard of as a possible Democratic candidate.

He’s sexy. I’d vote for him over Trump. And I like the way his name sounds, too.
what's so sexy about a bald guy ?

meanwhile trump has mocked all the aid given by india to afghanistan by saying that india has built only a library in afghanistan !! obviously useless in a wartorn country .

...The word on the street is Elizabeth Warren is running for President next year.

Bad idea, says this Trump supporter.

Get a bigger name, a bigger personality. Call Oprah Winfrey and tell her to run. Nobody likes Pocahontas.
Oh God! Please no! She's as bad as Trump! Same opinionated self righteous attitude and same grandiose-over exposure. She puts herself on her magazine nearly every month and for a 65 year old she look 25 on the cover, I smell Photoshop and a shameless self promoter (just like Trump).

I don't know how many times she's been accused of playing the race card and I can't speak to the various incidents, but I don't feel she will unite America. Oh and I DID vote for Obama both times.

Link:
Oprah Winfrey is delusional about racism, white and black

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Think the GOAT has been fairly quiet in the media recently.

A system of cells interlinked
This should end well.

Warren shouldn't waste her time. I live in Ma. and have never spoken to anyone who likes her. This is a state with a lot of people who blindly vote.

This is just like the Trump thread. Yoda, you should re-open that thread and combine this one with it (besides, I went to the trouble to post a lot of funny pictures on that thread that were non-partisan as some were both pro and anti-Trump!)

Warren shouldn't waste her time. I live in Ma. and have never spoken to anyone who likes her. This is a state with a lot of people who blindly vote.
You got a problem with Native Americans now, Cricket?

(rim-shot!)

As strange as it sounds, I think it's accurate.

I think I already offered this on the Trump thread (and I'm a "President" supporter, I voted for Trump only because of the alternative)...

For the Left: we know Trump has some glaring faults - let him stand or fall on those.

He doesn't need the help of people going to great lengths (any lengths) trying to concoct things against him at every turn trying to bring about his downfall.

All that stuff (call it "Trump derangement" or whatever) does and all it has done is garner sympathy for Trump from his base and even from independents like myself as he begins to appear to be unfairly besieged on a constant basis. You're turning him into an underdog that many end up rooting for even though he's not.

This obsessive, all-or-nothing, extremist behavior also makes those on the Left look quite nutty (and I don't need to go into all the examples of such behavior we've all witnessed over the last two years, some of which has been quite heinous) - which only encourages more votes for Republicans and more support for Trump.

Let Trump stand or fall on his own merit because to try to destroy him or his base with a bunch of different campaigns, programs, investigations, law suits and a 24/7 blitz of obsessive media propaganda may serve to only shoot the Left in their own feet.

If I may get Shakespearean; it begins to sound like a case of "methinks thou dost protest too much."

(Plus, the obsessive hatred that I've observed, that some of you hang onto on a daily basis, all centered on one individual is not good for you - you've got to turn off the news or whatever propaganda station you watch or listen to and go relax. There have been dozens of men in the office of President, some good, some not so good, and we've survived them all - there will be many more people in that position during most of our lives, so it's not worth getting upset over, carrying around a lot of unhealthy animosity or turning yourself upside down over!)