Dreams

Tools    

Spooks and Zeiken...I see how you came to some of your thoughts and theories from what you have written and I find it quite unsettling that to a great extent, what you have written makes sense to me. Maybe it wont next week, next month, but right now....it does.

I basically posted this on a whim, not expecting anything in return. Maybe it sounds a little bizarre to say this but I am more sure of what I wish to do and what decision I need to make and you're right it was cast in doubt, but no longer....its a big step...numerous oceans and seas away.

I do not know how accurate dream interpretation is...I do not take it too seriously, but I will say this, you put something to me which I needed to hear/explore in thought.

Thanks.

Ground Control To Major Thom
this was last night and I have been up and around today around 11 hours so things are a lot more hazy than they were when I first went up however...

I was back at my secondary school and there was some sort of function going on, I think it was a party of some sort. I was completely depressed in my dream and went off to be alone and hide from everybody. From a third person perspective I could see that everybody else was worried about me and they started moving throughout the school grounds in search of me. My secondary school was quite an open planned place much like a university campus on a smaller scale. I managed to elude them without too much difficulty. They called the bus company who used to take me to school to come along so that when I was ready I could go home. From my position I could see the bus arrive and I did not want to go home because I felt I would not be understood and would not be able to explain why I was feeling down.

I went back to where we had all gathered in the beginning and a couple of old staff members said I should talk to them. I said that I would at the end of the party when most of the other people had gone. Then I woke up.

*edit*

just a couple of things, I do not know why I was so depressed in my dream, and for the first time ever that I can recall I was my normal disabled self in my dream. Throughout my entire life to this point, I am 27, I have always been able bodied in my dreams.

i've had too many dreams come true, i wonder why that is. could my dreams be a sign?

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
this isn't going to be one specific dream, but a theme i have in my dreams very, very often... and not just recently, but pretty much as far back as i can remember.

i often have dreams that have to do with tornadoes... it varies, but normally, it happens in the middle of a normal, nothing special dream... its like la la doo de dooo doo and then boom im standing in the street, or more than once, im driving down the street and i look ahead and there is a tornado. it is always very scary, for me in the dream. a lot of the times when it happens i am trying to flee, get away, and 9 times out of ten i am trying to save a loved one as well. sometimes the dream ends with me holding on to dear life to a loved one, and i will wake myself up, cause i lost them.

i have had two that i can remember in the last month. the first one is a little hazy and i don't remember the whole dream but i do know i was overlooking my town, the town that i live in, i could see across the whole city and there were several tornados. they were just overtaking the entire city. everything was left in ruins. i was surrounded by a group of people on top of a higher ground. i have a feeling most of the people in the city had already evacuated and we were all that was left, us on this higher ground. it was scary but i also felt this deep sadness, watching my city left in ruins this way.

the second dream was just a few nights ago. i was an employee in the grocery store that is right around the corner from my house. i was one of those baggers that goes out and gets carts. i was pushing a cart of groceries for this middle aged woman who had a child. the child was sitting in the front of the cart. as we approached her car i looked up and saw a huge tornado in the distance, coming closer. this is the first time i ever remember not feeling so scared. i was a little scared, but nothing like i usually am in these dreams. i kept on doing my job like it was nothing, but there was a part of me that was frightened too. all i could think about was that little girl in the cart. i think i covered her in groceries--that was my way of protecting her. the mother seemed annoyed with me and just wanted to get in her car and go.

after they drove off i was continued walking around the lot grabbing carts. i could still see the tornado, it was very close now, but i kept doing my job. i went back into the store and everyone seemed like they were trying to find somewhere safe to go. the last thing i remember is seeing it through the front window. i think in this dream, it was the first time i wasn't so scared or worried, but it was still there... slightly.

and this next part is going to sound strange, but i think in this dream i had some kind of powers. i have powers in my dreams a lot, by the way. i could make the tornado bigger or smaller.

this whole thing sounds very odd. anyway, if anyone could give me any kind of input it would be appreciated. these dreams are so often and usually very frightening. thanks.

Smeg-
Perhaps you dream is simply about your desire to be alone sometimes? Is solitude something you seek? fear? unable to attain?

Ash- I think it may be too easy to use the contemporary translation of tornado- the idea of a destructive or overwhelming force, symbolizing the same characteristics in a relationship. For instance, trying to save a loved one from a tornado could possibbly represent the destructive / abusive / dangerous / violent aspects of the relationship with that particular person.

But it is more important for you to look at the context of the tornado every instance it presents itself, so you can decide for yourself what it means. For example, i dream of trains. Trains are never the focus of my dreams, but they appear as a motif indefinitley, in any dream of consequence. After analyzing my dreams over and over again- i decided that trains appear to symbolize the transitory periods in my life. They represent my personal journey. They represent my need to always me moving forward, my drive to be in constant change and growth and movement.

A contemporary analyzation, though- would say that trains = conformity, and if you dream of trains, you live a conformed life defined by set tracks. Thats not me, and that certainly has nothing to do with my trains.
So again, all you have to do is take a closer look and decide for yourself.

Odd dream last night:

Attended some kind of showing with a group of people (about 30, I'd say). It was for some bizarre Tim Burtonesque cartoon show that was quite popular. The group of people was a bunch of unknown, B movie stars - I can't even tell you their names. But they looked... different. Like, I knew who they were, but they had aged - maybe it's how they look now, some I haven't seen pictures of in years.

After the show, we all started discussing it, but for some reason it wasn't done in person, it was done via Myspace bulletins and instant messenger.

The next part I remember grosses me out. I went to a chinese restaurant - it was sort of a buffet, except they kept bringing you a plate of meat, and you had an unlimited bowl of vegetable stuff. The food was NASTY. It was *****. Weird stuff I had never seen before. A chunk of white white meat... some orangey noodle stuff strung around it, and some kind of hard crust. The vegetable bowl was.... well, I didn't see that very well, it was mostly the plates of meat that this waitress kept bringing me. Anyway, the whole meal was only $5.00.... $5.02 with tax, I remember that correctly. The odd thing is the staff of this restaurant looked pretty normal. There were two blonde haired girls at the cash register, both good looking and happy. I refused to pay the bill... why? I saw some bugs crawling around the food. Little ones. I remember that before I went to bed, I saw a really weird little spider. That appeared in my dream, with the food.

Randomly visiting for now
k SmegFirk here's my take but be wary I'm fairly new at this.

Originally Posted by Zeiken
Smeg-
Perhaps you dream is simply about your desire to be alone sometimes? Is solitude something you seek? fear? unable to attain?
Hey Zeik i'm thinking a little differently this time but I see where you're comin from.

Smeg- I think for sure the fact that you were your 'normal disabled self' has to be hugely significant because you have never been this way in your dreams before. You going off to be alone and people wanting to find you could be a representation of you distancing yourself from people who are reaching out to you. It's an idea of you seeing people as not understanding, because they can't truly see your perspective (all that entails your life, including your disability), or maybe you are even using this as an excuse for keeping people away. If this is the case then perhaps you are imagining a future scenario whereby if you continue to keep people at arms length and not let people in then you will be this depressed person and it will all come about by a perspective that nobody understands, nobody gets it, but if that were to happen you would be selling yourself short of the great life you deserve.

Connection with the world, including people around us, is what makes a life worth living, people don't have to understand to love/care for each other even if you want them to, sometimes they just can't.

This interpretation may be very irrelevant but I got carried away with an ideal that many people around me hold, so feel free to say I'm way off track

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
Odd dream last night:

The next part I remember grosses me out. I went to a chinese restaurant - it was sort of a buffet, except they kept bringing you a plate of meat, and you had an unlimited bowl of vegetable stuff. The food was NASTY. It was *****. Weird stuff I had never seen before. A chunk of white white meat... some orangey noodle stuff strung around it, and some kind of hard crust. The vegetable bowl was.... well, I didn't see that very well, it was mostly the plates of meat that this waitress kept bringing me.
Time to consider becoming a vegetarian again who knows what kind of meat it was

Originally Posted by nebbit
Time to consider becoming a vegetarian again who knows what kind of meat it was
yeah It could be anything!!....such as a

Fish or Cat

or a...

a pidgeon

or even!

Originally Posted by slasher25
i've had too many dreams come true, i wonder why that is. could my dreams be a sign?
oops missed this. Um it depends on what they're about, if they're about predictable events like meeting somebody new and fun, then you do, it's less exciting than dreaming a friend got fired then they do the next day. Also you could take it from a spiritual sense, are you religious at all?

I find it amazing how i can conceive, direct, and edit entire movies in my dreams. i guess thats how i know im a film major...

Last night i dreamt out an entire movie about 5 misfit kids. They all go to the same church where their parent's force them to sit in the children's section, although most of them are clearly too old. In an act of rebellion, the older boy cracks a plan to escape right at the beginning of the service, and asks the older girl to come with. (By older, in this instance, i mean 12 or 13.) Of course, each has a younger sibling that insists on tagging along, much to the aggrivation of the older kids. Somewhere during the escape they pick up one more.

They exit the rear church doors and start runnung. Its a beautiful summer day- blue skies, birds chirping and everything. Cue music- "Rise Above it", the song from the montage in Cool Runnings. This part was my favorite- the kids just running through the grass, climbing trees, doing handstands, having a great time. They end up near a baseball field- watching a few kids toss a ball around. One of them spots the local sherriff driving by, who had obviously been alerted to the kids' absence by their parents. Our misfit heroes duck behind a shed and don uniforms as a disguise.

But of course, they are mistaken by the coach as players. They toss around, hit some balls, and guess what? They're pretty good. The coach approaches them afterwards, asks them to join so they can finally win against the neighboring town. It is at this point that we are introduced to a minor subplot involving the coach's past. He is fresh from a two-week stint in jail for alcoholism, and is given the option of community service to reduce his sentence and clear his record. Totally original idea, i know. *Cough Cough* Quack *Cough Cough*

So they join, the two kids finally kiss at the end, the coach discovers a new passion for life and dumps out all the alcohol in his house, the parents suddenly approve of their misfit son, and all ends well over A Bruce Springsteen song that i cant remember. Roll credits.

It seriously feels as if i went to sleep and watched a movie. I realize its not the most original plot by any means- would probably go no further than a few mil at the box office- but i think
it would do well with the kids- nice and wholesome.

There was one more dream in which i was strangling my professor, but thats not nearly as interesting.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
I have this reoccurring dream that I'm in the chase scene at the end of the Benny Hill Show, getting chased by semi clad buxom women is fine, but why does the old bald guy keep appearing............

I know I'm dreaming, cause in real life it's normally me that does the chasing............

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Originally Posted by Zeiken
I find it amazing how i can conceive, direct, and edit entire movies in my dreams. i guess thats how i know im a film major...
That's cool Zeik I liked the story. Your dreams sound so specific and I'm amazed about how much you can remember. For me I lose quite a lot of the detail and don't dream that often......ugh! I've been meaning to post this nightmare I had but now I just forgot it and it's so weird cause I hadn't had a single nightmare for like 6 years and I could barely remember the one I had then (I think it was about spiders , although now I'm not really scared of them).

Why does my brain choose to forget all my dreams?? & the one's I do remember my brain slowly erodes away as quick as it can.....it's kind of frustrating cause i usually enjoy dreaming but they're always so random like a friend who now lives in South Africa is standing in my uni and somehow i don't even notice until I wake up! *hey what was she doing there?? (then 5 minutes later I forget the dream but remember that my friend was there )

if you're really interested in dreams, you may want to look at this

I've been at it for a while, and my dream recollection is getting pretty good. I'm at least glad the nightmares are gone.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
here is a strange one which i had last night (funny thing is, its vivid yet i didn't think about it until just now, several hours after i woke up).

its only sort of bits and pieces but give a listen:

it started out i was on the phone with a female friend. i don't know who she was, i had this feeling it was someone i had just met not too long ago, and we had become close, she seemed really cool. anyway we were speaking via phone and i remember we were talking about movies. she told me about her favorite movie in the world, which was some movie i had never heard of, about a demonic rabbit (no, it wasn't Donnie Darko). it was more morbid than DD. the plot of the movie almost reminded me of Poltergist. she told me how much she loved the movie and instilled in me how much she wanted me to see it. i remember feeling excited i had found a friend in someone i really liked, such as her. i was sort of looking up to her and admiring the various things that were said in the phone conversation, which had a lot more to it but i don't remember what.

then it was like later on that day and i was hanging out with her, and there were other people there too, people i didn't know very well or had just met so i think they were her friends. i really liked them all. everyone was still talking about the movie, and i kept forgetting what the title was. i mean, someone would tell me the title, and i'd say, "oh yeah!" but then five seconds later someone would ask me what it was called and i could not remember. i remember, it became a sort of a joke, that i couldn't remember the title even when someone told me it several times. they were poking fun at me for it (good-naturedly) but i almost had the feeling that my friend, the one whose favorite movie it was, was sort of offended and took it personally that i kept forgetting it, like that meant i didn't care about it or something. i was trying so hard to keep the title in my head but it keep disappearing. it was indeed odd.

then it was some time later... i remember going to the video store to rent the movie, like she wanted me to. all the while, various mutual friends and acquantances where warning me about her, telling me not to trust her. they told me she did not have my best interest at heart and she was only going to do harm to me. they told me it had to do with the movie, whatever i do, do NOT rent that movie. i thought that sounded really silly and ridiculous and i did not listen to them.

i don't remember exactly how it ended, only that i should have headed the warnings and advice because in the end she was trying to do physical harm to me i think... she all of a sudden completely changed, like how cool and lovely she was, was just an act. i remember how hurt i felt that i had lost someone whom i had finally found, someone whom i loved so dearly, and she was only setting me up for hurt... like the whole reason she befriended me in the first place was to hurt me.

You ready? You look ready.
I'm like Chuck Norris, I don't dream.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine
I had a pretty interesting dream last night.All I really remember is at the beginning of my dream it shows a view of a Soviet dictator, and then hundreds of tanks start coming down this road in four single file lines and just keeps repeating.