Dreams

Tools    

Originally Posted by SpoOkY
Maybe the dream is just telling you that you don't have enough outlets for your creative nature...what do you think?
Its eerie how spot on that may be. In a very conscious way, i was thinking about this last week, how i have been lax in my writing, (i usually write at least 20 minutes a day, be it poetry or journaling or fiction or whatever, just a hobby really.) And i havnt made a film or movie in a while. I never stopped to consider that these movie dreams could be a result of that. Quite intuitive, Spook. Top drawer...

My dreams don't often have a real storyline to them... this is what I remember from last night:

Being on the top floor of a HUGE skyscraper, overlooking a vast city, and laying down/sleeping right by the windows, which were big. Then, trying to get up, but feeling dizzy/sick, maybe experiencing vertigo due to fear of how high up I was.

Trying to watch something on a TV while laying down in a sleeping bag, asking some guy trying to sleep beside me if the TV was too loud. He said "a little", so I turned it down a little. Have no idea who the guy was.

Traveling in a metro train outdoors in this foreign city - this city doesn't look like any real city, but it feels like it's always the same city I go to in my dreams. There was another metro train coming up really close behind mine, but I knew it wouldn't hit us. Finally, it switched tracks and went away. That's all I remember.

Randomly visiting for now
Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
My dreams don't often have a real storyline to them... this is what I remember from last night:

Being on the top floor of a HUGE skyscraper, overlooking a vast city, and laying down/sleeping right by the windows, which were big. Then, trying to get up, but feeling dizzy/sick, maybe experiencing vertigo due to fear of how high up I was.

Trying to watch something on a TV while laying down in a sleeping bag, asking some guy trying to sleep beside me if the TV was too loud. He said "a little", so I turned it down a little. Have no idea who the guy was.

Traveling in a metro train outdoors in this foreign city - this city doesn't look like any real city, but it feels like it's always the same city I go to in my dreams. There was another metro train coming up really close behind mine, but I knew it wouldn't hit us. Finally, it switched tracks and went away. That's all I remember.
Hey SC, it's pretty hard to interpret from just one night's dreaming. Recurring stuff is the best to get into. All I can point out is the fact that in all three dreams you are being passive in some way; waiting to arrive on the train, sleeping and maybe the third one is your frustration at not being able to smack yourself out of it. The only thing that comes to mind is that you feel you are letting your life spin out of control, or letting it pass you by by not taking control and the train coming up behind you is your denial that you won't have any regrets later. Am in any way on track?

I used to ave this dream that I was in my town pool but somewhere really hot, like New Orleans mid-summer, and I had forgotten to swim and there were Alligators nipping at me with a Jaws like soundtrack playing along.. I bet a psycho-therapist could have a fieldday with that one.

Originally Posted by AmyLovesYou
I used to ave this dream that I was in my town pool but somewhere really hot, like New Orleans mid-summer, and I had forgotten to swim and there were Alligators nipping at me with a Jaws like soundtrack playing along.. I bet a psycho-therapist could have a fieldday with that one.
Alligators tend to represent treachery- if you want to take the classical approach to imagery. It's hard to say anything else here; there is a lack of surrounding images and people that would help. Maybe you just saw an alligator on TV before you were going to bed.

And Spook- cool of you to put a link to this thread is your sig. Hopefully we can get the rest of the MoFo community to open up their subconscious minds!

Originally Posted by Zeiken
And Spook- cool of you to put a link to this thread is your sig. Hopefully we can get the rest of the MoFo community to open up their subconscious minds!
come one, come all! to dream interpretation, normal fee waved if you post in the next year! limited offer, this thread only!

I've had this dream more than a few times in my life....

I see a brown building, with windows high up; the sills aren't normal, they are slanted down and I see my father standing up there. He's not quite in human form though, more like an eagle. He then spreads his wings and flies from the sill. That's about the extent of the dream.

The weirdest dream I ever had:

I was in a pie eating contest and I don't even like pie...

Originally Posted by *~*SilverScreen*~*
I've had this dream more than a few times in my life....

I see a brown building, with windows high up; the sills aren't normal, they are slanted down and I see my father standing up there. He's not quite in human form though, more like an eagle. He then spreads his wings and flies from the sill. That's about the extent of the dream.
I'm guessing you don't recognise the building at all right or you would have said? The slanted down sills could be to do with a dangerous situation or a seemingly threatening situation that your dad was/is in. But he surprises you with something you didn't expect. Something that you might not like at first but something he needs to do. An acceptance of circumstance maybe or a passion to seize control of something. (ha that's a bit of a stab in the dark but it's more fun that way and if I'm near to the truth then it's heaps better if I go specific :P)

Originally Posted by Bill
The weirdest dream I ever had:

I was in a pie eating contest and I don't even like pie...
I once dreamt I was a medieval warrior and I don't even like killing people....... ok that was silly. Yet still I dream stuff like that as well and I reckon that we sometimes face our fears in our dreams; maybe in a different form though (obviously you aren't afraid of pies) but perhaps it's about you being competitive in something you aren't entirely comfortable with.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
i keep dreaming about the same person... over and over again.... i miss him... he is in my dreams... i know he misses me... but in the dreams he pushes me away, tells me i had my chance but that its over now.

i wake up and feel sick.

okay, too serious for public, here we go, someone push me on a swing.

Originally Posted by ash_is_the_gal
i keep dreaming about the same person... over and over again.... i miss him... he is in my dreams... i know he misses me... but in the dreams he pushes me away, tells me i had my chance but that its over now.
I Think one of the biggest things that influence our dreams are our anxieties. It's like the 'naked in class' dream, or 'test and i forgot to study.' We have all these fears and intimidations that perhaps we refuse to deal with in the waking life.

I can relate to you personally, though. This girl, well, my girl, currently lives on the other side of the world. Its rough- but we get along alright. I know she loves me as i love her- but still i have these horribble dreams about us just falling apart. My biggest fear in life is loosing her. Scares me more than death, war, ebola virus- you name it, so it makes sense to have that fear in my dreams.
Its that same sickness you spoke of upon awakening- and i just have to call her to get it to go away. Sometimes its not so easy. If the dream is bad enough, the images will just burn themselves in the back of my mind. I'll see them for days. Could it be some kind of message? If i bear in mind these sickening images and thoughts given to me in my dreams, will it somehow be better for me awake? What a sucky way to live...

But- i hope for the good dreams. Like the one i had a few weeks ago where her and i met up on the moon. We drank wine from big ceramic jugs and danced to Sinatra, looking down at Earth. Thats the kind of dream i'll keep my thoughts on...

I got for good luck my black tooth.
The strangest dream I've ever had:

I'm at my grandmother's house. There is a very old and somehow creepy little lady there that everyone knows but me. That is irrelevant to the strange part, but it is the first half of the dream. In the dream, I have my own room at the house. In the room, there is a soda machine. I go to bed, and I hear noises from out in the hall. The grim reaper comes into my room and takes a broom out of the soda machine. When the reaper tries to attack me with the broom, I grab it and break it over my knee. This event occurs several times with the grim reaper taunting me in a young woman's voice....and then I wake up.

I've had some wierd dreams lately. Wierder than my usual!
ON the weekend i had this one..
I'll try to explain it, it was basically my best friend and i camping then suddenly getting attacked by hyena's who became our friend but still scheduled to attack us in a few days (wtf?).
Then im all of a sudden at my old house with the pervert nxt door watching me.
Then seeing a girl who im not friendly with anymore suddenly saying to me, "hey! let's put the past behind us!".
For me. IT was just WAY too wierd!

You'd all think i was the wierdest person ever if you heard some of the other ones i've had!

Is it just me or sometimes when you go to tell someone your dream you suddenly forget it!

xx

So apparently I was still in New York visiting a dentists...they didnt require any payment for my dental care, which I thought was nice of them...I was then approached by an old nursing pal who asked me why I had spread lies that her and I had some sort of lesbian affair when we were out one night on the tiles....I was flabbergasted, I didnt know why I had spread these rumours either...

I then went on to a little shop where I purchased a small chubby wooden doll without a face...her face had a hole in it and the inside was painted red...but paints came with the doll, so you could paint your own face, but with the hole, it was impossible for me to do so - I still bought it.

Then I had a bit of flying...I was visiting the dentists house in the middle of the sea...it was like a floating barge, but part of the flooring was completely clear....I was running about it, ran too far and floated over the sea and back onto the clear flooring...I then ran and dived into his swimming pool...and thats when I woke up.

What a bore.

I dreamed last night that I went to some old house in the middle of no where with Nebbs, Susan, and Piddy to see my sister's mother-in-law….

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
I dreamed last night that I went to some old house in the middle of no where with Nebbs, Susan, and Piddy to see my sister's mother-in-law….
Hmmm, tell us what was really going on in that house Caity...never miss a chance to make that piddy blush.

Originally Posted by Ophelia
So apparently I was still in New York visiting a dentists...they didnt require any payment for my dental care, which I thought was nice of them...I was then approached by an old nursing pal who asked me why I had spread lies that her and I had some sort of lesbian affair when we were out one night on the tiles....I was flabbergasted, I didnt know why I had spread these rumours either...

I then went on to a little shop where I purchased a small chubby wooden doll without a face...her face had a hole in it and the inside was painted red...but paints came with the doll, so you could paint your own face, but with the hole, it was impossible for me to do so - I still bought it.

Then I had a bit of flying...I was visiting the dentists house in the middle of the sea...it was like a floating barge, but part of the flooring was completely clear....I was running about it, ran too far and floated over the sea and back onto the clear flooring...I then ran and dived into his swimming pool...and thats when I woke up.

What a bore.

I dont even know where to begin with this one...

Spook?

Originally Posted by Zeiken
I dont even know where to begin with this one...

Spook?
Yes, it's rather non specific about anything. Just a 'blah' dream with no doubt little meaning to it. Thanks for considering to decode it!

Yes, it's rather non specific about anything. Just a 'blah' dream with no doubt little meaning to it. Thanks for considering to decode it!
I've been called to interpret by Zeik even though it's his thread, I love it though so totally don't mind. Anyway I'll give it a go Laura, but please don't slam me for my crazy interpretation, all in fun

The dentists just represents something you used to do regularly and perhaps something you took for granted at the time. The old nursing pal confronting you probably represents how you hadn't stopped to smell the roses so to speak and did some things you regretted (interp of rumours) in that time of your life.

The shop where you purchased the doll is your childhood or perhaps a cherished memory from your past. The doll is your desperation to recapture that feeling, that moment, when you were happy. The face is your happy moment and because there's a hole you believe you've lost it forever and you can't paint it back on either that time in your life is over.....at least you believe you'll never get back to that kind og joy in your life.

The flying and the sea represents your future, because of the sea being an endless expanse with lots of possibilities it's a parallel to the future. The dentists office is something you are about to start that's going to be a big commitment, something that will last for ages and you aren't sure you are ready for it. You might fail (fall off) or hate it (jump off) and you are worried about it.

What a bore.

Okay- now that i've thought about it- my guess would be that its a dream about regret- probably something you did or did not do in your childhood. I agree with spooks idea about the flying/ocean representing the future- but the end bit is tough.

This is an interesting bit- to dream of a dentist, in modern interpretations, represents your periodic doubt over the sincerity or honor of some person. If you chose this interpretation, then the old nursing pal would be the obvious connection to doubt. Could she just be the manifestation of some kind of doubt you have? Perhaps over your career, or education?

The dentist returns at the end, which puzzles me.

If you want to go with these ideas, then what you have is a picture of doubt around both your future and your past. But what does that mean to you?