Something the Lord Made

→ in
Tools    

I apologize if there was a thread on this one already, i couldnt get the search button to work.

Did anyone catch this one? It was a HBO original, starring Alan Rickman and Mos Def. It tells the story of a pioneering cardiac surgeon, (Rickman), and his black research assistant. Based on real facts.
I dont know which part got to me more, the shockingly apparent depiction of segregation and it's effects, or the suspesneful drama surrounding the real-life events leading up the the first successful heart surgery.
I was blown away by this movie. I've seen a few HBO flicks, none can compare to Something the Lord Made . If you have the chance, i hightly reccomend checking it out. Powerfully moving.

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Zeiken
Did anyone catch this one? It was a HBO original, starring Alan Rickman and Mos Def. It tells the story of a pioneering cardiac surgeon, (Rickman), and his black research assistant. Based on real facts.
I dont know which part got to me more, the shockingly apparent depiction of segregation and it's effects, or the suspesneful drama surrounding the real-life events leading up the the first successful heart surgery.
I was blown away by this movie. I've seen a few HBO flicks, none can compare to Something the Lord Made . If you have the chance, i hightly reccomend checking it out. Powerfully moving.
I don't have HBO, so this is the first I'm hearing about this movie. If they ever release it on DVD I'll make sure to watch it. Thanks for letting us know about it.

old thread I feel needs resurrecting. Has anyone else seen this? I was floored by the film, both Alan Rickman and Mos Def were great.

I had never heard a word about this movie and just happened to turn it on. More people should see this moving film about one of the biggest breakthroughs in medicine and the racism and neglect surrounding it.