Where for art thou...John Hughes!?!

Tools    

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
Originally Posted by Zeiken
I searched this forum, and found nothing regarding John Hughes' current whereabouts. Has the filmmaker who helped define 80's cinema has dropped off of all radar? Anyone know anything?
Are you wondering why he's not being discussed, or wondering what projects he's been involved in?

He was very busy in the 90s writing and/or producing Home Alone and all its sequels, Beetohven and all four sequels, Flubber, with Robin Williams, 101 Dalmations, with Glenn Close, and the recent Maid in Manhattan with Ralph Fiennes and J. Lo.

Despite what you think of those films, critically, he hasn't dropped off the radar at all, but has made a ton of money for himself and the studios.
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

He will always be remembered by me as the king of the eighties teen dramadies.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
He will always be remembered by me as the king of the eighties teen dramadies.
As you should They're his best films.

Originally Posted by Mark
Are you wondering why he's not being discussed, or wondering what projects he's been involved in?

He was very busy in the 90s writing and/or producing Home Alone and all its sequels, Beetohven and all four sequels, Flubber, with Robin Williams, 101 Dalmations, with Glenn Close, and the recent Maid in Manhattan with Ralph Fiennes and J. Lo.

Despite what you think of those films, critically, he hasn't dropped off the radar at all, but has made a ton of money for himself and the studios.
Wow- I didnt realize he was so busy. I guess i just figured he wasnt up to anything simply because he hasnt made anything "breakfast-club'-esque" lately. I really wish he would though..