R.I.P. Mira Furlan

Tools    

Mira Furlan, who is most famous for playing Danielle Rousseau on Lost and Delenn on Babylon 5, passed away on Wednesday, January 20. She was 65.

As a Babylon 5 fan, this is very distressing, not just for the obvious, but also because so many other cast members of that show died relatively young (Richard Biggs at 44, Jerry Doyle at 60, Stephen Furst at 63, Jeff Conaway at 60 and Andreas Katsulas at 59). I had the pleasure of meeting Mira at DragonCon a couple years ago and I got to go to one of her Babylon 5 panels - which also featured Walter Koenig - and it ended up being one of the best panels I've ever been to. She gave a powerful answer to a question where she expressed the importance of women continuing to fight for rights they deserve like equal pay that I'll probably never forget.

Babylon 5 showrunner J. Michael Straczynski wrote a touching tribute to her, which you can read here.

Mira Furlan, who is most famous for playing Danielle Rousseau on Lost and Delenn on Babylon 5, passed away on Wednesday, January 20. She was 65.

As a Babylon 5 fan, this is very distressing, not just for the obvious, but also because so many other cast members of that show died relatively young (Richard Biggs at 44, Jerry Doyle at 60, Stephen Furst at 63, Jeff Conaway at 60 and Andreas Katsulas at 59). I had the pleasure of meeting Mira at DragonCon a couple years ago and I got to go to one of her Babylon 5 panels - which also featured Walter Koenig - and it ended up being one of the best panels I've ever been to. She gave a powerful answer to a question where she expressed the importance of women continuing to fight for rights they deserve like equal pay that I'll probably never forget.

Babylon 5 showrunner J. Michael Straczynski wrote a touching tribute to her, which you can read here.
I loved her character as Ambassador Delen on Babylon 5.
Since then I never heard of her until recently when they made a documentary about Tesla.
Teslafy Me (2019) - she appears in this documentary while she talks sporadically about Nikola Tesla.
May her soul rest in peace !!

I remember watching Babylon 5 like 2 times I was somehow addicted to "Space Opera" and I believe it remains the best Sci-Fi Tv Series made in that period.
I was also a Star Trek fan, but I believe Babylon 5 was way above Star Trek.
There are other series as well like The Expanse and Star Wars - The Mandalorian (more recent) which are also great TV Series.
Some seasons in The Expanse are fluctuating since some are very well conceived and some seasons are weaker.
Mira had her own exterior and inner beauty and the role of the Minbari (race) Satai Delenn suited her in the best way possible.
Zathras was another great character played by Tim Choate who also died in 2004.