Any Musicians Out There?

Tools    

@matt72582, I hear you, and it's cool you are in the cut with Supertramp. The world is suddenly much less lonely!

I wish Davies, his wife (?) and mgmnt hadn't kept the name...one spin of Cannonball and it's all over for me, lol! Ooof!

I may regret what I said about Roger and saccharine...but it just bugs me because together they were sooo damned good!

I'm praying for a reconciliation between the both of them, and I hope Davies fights off that monkey on his back because even if he continued to do small scale tours with that monstrosisty that is the afterbirth of Supwertramp, at least there would be some sign of life.

BTW, Roger's solo stuff as of late has seemed phenomenal. He really gets all of the sounds pretty much perfect LIVE.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
@matt72582, I hear you, and it's cool you are in the cut with Supertramp. The world is suddenly much less lonely!

I wish Davies, his wife (?) and mgmnt hadn't kept the name...one spin of Cannonball and it's all over for me, lol! Ooof!

I may regret what I said about Roger and saccharine...but it just bugs me because together they were sooo damned good!

I'm praying for a reconciliation between the both of them, and I hope Davies fights off that monkey on his back because even if he continued to do small scale tours with that monstrosisty that is the afterbirth of Supwertramp, at least there would be some sign of life.

BTW, Roger's solo stuff as of late has seemed phenomenal. He really gets all of the sounds pretty much perfect LIVE.
True, not too many fans of theirs. But I haven't met any fans of my hero, Mort Sahl (hooray, he's on every Thursday), and Bill Hicks is dead
Saccharine is the perfect word for songs like "Dreamer" and "It's Raining Again" which I don't care for, except 5-10 seconds here or there. I wish they'd reconcile, even if it's just between them, without any public attention. I liked Roger solo's stuff, and I was surprised by how great his band was/is.

@matt72582, are you saying that Roger was in on the 40th annivesary? Because I heard that Roger tried but Rick denied.

Damn, to have them both doing tastefully chosen shows would be immense. I'd die happy..even if I lived another 50 yrs.

True, not too many fans of theirs. But I haven't met any fans of my hero, Mort Sahl (hooray, he's on every Thursday), and Bill Hicks is dead
Saccharine is the perfect word for songs like "Dreamer" and "It's Raining Again" which I don't care for, except 5-10 seconds here or there. I wish they'd reconcile, even if it's just between them, without any public attention. I liked Roger solo's stuff, and I was surprised by how great his band was/is.
"Dreamer"..I really dig Doug's bassline...esp in the boom buh boom" section..you know what I mean..all progressive and shlt. Woodblocks and the like...

But the verses are kind of cringing....I cannot deny Roger's pop sensibilities at the time, they really have legs...but then again, Rick's stuff have legs, too. His prog leanings may not appeal to some summer school teacher who likes to bang 25 yr old exchange students, but for the rest of us, it's still solid blues.

"Dreamer"..I really dig Doug's bassline...esp in the boom buh boom" section..you know what I mean..all progressive and shlt. Woodblocks and the like...

But the verses are kind of cringing....I cannot deny Roger's pop sensibilities at the time, they really have legs...but then again, Rick's stuff have legs, too. His prog leanings may not appeal to some summer school teacher who likes to bang 25 yr old exchange students, but for the rest of us, it's still solid blues.
Besides the two I mentioned, I think Roger's pop was quite unique - "Breakfast in America" - he had that eastern influence, and folk, and amazing melodies. I didn't like Rick's "Your Poppa Don't Dance" or "Remember" too much, I can't say I'm a fan of his voice. I do find it fascinating that his biggest hit with the band "Goodbye Stranger" sounds like he's doing Roger. Even my closest Supertamp friend could barely believe it wasn't Roger.

@matt72582, are you saying that Roger was in on the 40th annivesary? Because I heard that Roger tried but Rick denied.

Damn, to have them both doing tastefully chosen shows would be immense. I'd die happy..even if I lived another 50 yrs.
What I heard from Roger was that he wanted in, but Rick did release a quote saying something about too much time had passed for "harmony".. Bob said that Rick bent over backwards and made negotiations difficult.

Besides the two I mentioned, I think Roger's pop was quite unique - "Breakfast in America" - he had that eastern influence, and folk, and amazing melodies. I didn't like Rick's "Your Poppa Don't Dance" or "Remember" too much, I can't say I'm a fan of his voice. I do find it fascinating that his biggest hit with the band "Goodbye Stranger" sounds like he's doing Roger. Even my closest Supertamp friend could barely believe it wasn't Roger.

What I heard from Roger was that he wanted in, but Rick did release a quote saying something about too much time had passed for "harmony".. Bob said that Rick bent over backwards and made negotiations difficult.
I still get chills listening to the opening piano riff of "Gone Hollywood". What a cool and dissonant cluster of notes.

That's too bad that Rick shut Roger out. It sucks that the bitterness took its hold on the chance of a reunion. That really makes me sad.

I like when you add melodies on top..you did so with "sick in Athens"...but you only went there for a qwik second. More of that, please next time
I found one that better describes this... Forgot this was up (I have as many drum videos as songs).

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
GUYS I GOT MY 2 CHANNEL WORKING TONIGHT.

no clue what I'm going to do with it.

Crazy excited for you punk! Looks like the Audio Box 96??? Love that brand, and their reviews are always pretty high. Looking (hearing?) forward to seeing (hearing???) what you're gonna make *cough* for us all! *cough*

;P

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Crazy excited for you punk! Looks like the Audio Box 96??? Love that brand, and their reviews are always pretty high. Looking (hearing?) forward to seeing (hearing???) what you're gonna make *cough* for us all! *cough*

;P
Just saying...you, @Swan, @Joel...and whoever else might be interested...what about we swap files and DO something...?

Like... actually?

You never know...?

The Bib-iest of Nickels
If it counts, I have a keyboard I bought because I was so certain I would be able to jam out with it, that has since spent the last year and a half collecting dust.

If it counts, I have a keyboard I bought because I was so certain I would be able to jam out with it, that has since spent the last year and a half collecting dust.

TOTALLY counts!! Half my gear collects dust. Time. Job. Procrastination. Reasons abound!

None at all. But here's an idea. Go grab the screen record with audio, convert to a dirty mp3, chop it, slice it, dice it, trash it up as qwikly as you can for everything, and, in the end, maybe something cool will happen? If not, who cares, do it anyway!

None at all. But here's an idea. Go grab the screen record with audio, convert to a dirty mp3, chop it, slice it, dice it, trash it up as qwikly as you can for everything, and, in the end, maybe something cool will happen? If not, who cares, do it anyway!

And hopefully it isn't a spawn of satan.

Still waiting...

Also, just started back into drums this weekend. Totally suck, but not as bad as I figured I would. But still pretty bad. It's been well over a decade since I've played and even then I was still pretty bad. I'm having fun again though which is a damn rare thing anymore.