The Walking Dead: Season 8

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I feel bad for the cast who have to sit around on Talking Dead bigging up the show when all they are really thinking is get me out of this ****. TWD isn't even a big enough show anymore to have a sit down talk show afterwards.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
So has everyone here stopped watching? I had to use the search function to find the thread.

At the end of the latest ep even Mr D said 'that was 1 and a half minutes of entertainment and the rest of I do not know what', and we laughed at our confusion. I found absolutely nothing to cheer about and I really should have. The whole thing with the ever present score (OMG shoot the violinists and their sad sad music. I swear they are pumping up the volume), the crying (dont even get me started. I'm so over the blubbering which seems to be in every single episode these days), the flash forwards or whatever the hell they are to a big grey beard...just all made it feel like one big daytime soap and I was really happy when the end credits came up. I dont remember much from last year's season so I was completely lost, but Mr D said it didnt make much sense to him either.

OK whine over. I was really surprised no one else had bumped the thread. I know there were quite a few complaints in here last season but cant think for a moment you guys just all went cold turkey. Where are you all?

To finish on a positive note, the little girl who plays Rick's daughter is absolutely beautiful. I wonder how many people were needed to hold her down to put mascara on her at that age, though! Lipstick I can understand for a toddler; not mascara.

Eh that's all I can muster at this point. Need to sleep on it.

So has everyone here stopped watching? I had to use the search function to find the thread.

At the end of the latest ep even Mr D said 'that was 1 and a half minutes of entertainment and the rest of I do not know what', and we laughed at our confusion. I found absolutely nothing to cheer about and I really should have. The whole thing with the ever present score (OMG shoot the violinists and their sad sad music. I swear they are pumping up the volume), the crying (dont even get me started. I'm so over the blubbering which seems to be in every single episode these days), the flash forwards or whatever the hell they are to a big grey beard...just all made it feel like one big daytime soap and I was really happy when the end credits came up. I dont remember much from last year's season so I was completely lost, but Mr D said it didnt make much sense to him either.

OK whine over. I was really surprised no one else had bumped the thread. I know there were quite a few complaints in here last season but cant think for a moment you guys just all went cold turkey. Where are you all?

To finish on a positive note, the little girl who plays Rick's daughter is absolutely beautiful. I wonder how many people were needed to hold her down to put mascara on her at that age, though! Lipstick I can understand for a toddler; not mascara.

They had Negan hold her down for make-up!

I still watch. But I'm almost always doing some second task at the same time.
Yeah it's a bit like that, isnt it. I was watching it but not sure I gave it my full attention because I kept wondering if the writers were on drugs or dreaming about their next room.

I actually quite enjoyed the last episode.

I enjoyed last night's episode also. I particularly got a kick out of Jadis' and the grinder. Yum, yum!

I think Simon is in deep do-do. I hope next week follows up with the results of his mistake. Wow.

Will we ever have Rick explain why he didn't kill Negan when he had him dead-to-rights twice? That's the only thing that's really bugging me. I can deal with anything else.

Not sure how many more times I can handle larger groups of people simply handing over their weapons to smaller groups.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again

I couldn't get into the premier episode. I think I spent more time on my mobile checking posts here than I did watching the show =( I can't put my finger on it, but it just felt to be a really drawn out episode going all the way back to the start of the season. I didn't try to watch last week's episode, and I'm afraid I've just let go. I struggled with it last year and was a bit emotional over my decreased connection. Now I think it's just a clean spike to the head, and I've put it down to remember the show as it once was to me.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I thibk they really need to think about bringing the whole thing to a conclusion next season.

If you had a money printing machine, would you turn it off?

Anyway, there could be a genuine creative revival with a big change, in the comics, that's almost certainly coming in the next year or two. That's the only hope, at this point.

I hate being polarized. I remember when I started the series I found a lot of it goofy, but it was also fun. So much of itI overlooked for that fun and novelty of everything else about the show. Since starting though, I've become spoiled with the quality of other shows I've picked up on over the years. Now, I just find it goofy and rote without any honest drama or discovery. Maybe my expectations are too high.

Do you think it can continue for another 2 years to reach a new spike? If so, I'd be happy to revisit these current episodes later on Netflix if I know that they are leading to something worthwhile and fresh again. Right now though, I just don't see it happening.

Anyway, there could be a genuine creative revival with a big change, in the comics, that's almost certainly coming in the next year or two. That's the only hope, at this point.
I obviously don't know the Base numbers, but how long before a show with a quite large cast (compared with prev seasons), rising salaries, lower audience/advertising $$ slides into break even/unprofitability?

I hate being polarized. I remember when I started the series I found a lot of it goofy, but it was also fun. So much of itI overlooked for that fun and novelty of everything else about the show. Since starting though, I've become spoiled with the quality of other shows I've picked up on over the years. Now, I just find it goofy and rote without any honest drama or discovery. Maybe my expectations are too high.

Do you think it can continue for another 2 years to reach a new spike? If so, I'd be happy to revisit these current episodes later on Netflix if I know that they are leading to something worthwhile and fresh again. Right now though, I just don't see it happening.
I hope it gets better and continues. I think it would help for really stupid stuff to stop happening.

I couldn't get into the premier episode. I think I spent more time on my mobile checking posts here than I did watching the show =( I can't put my finger on it, but it just felt to be a really drawn out episode going all the way back to the start of the season. I didn't try to watch last week's episode, and I'm afraid I've just let go. I struggled with it last year and was a bit emotional over my decreased connection. Now I think it's just a clean spike to the head, and I've put it down to remember the show as it once was to me.
yeah pretty much how i feel and have done for some time but i was surprised when it crept up on my husband a while ago because he was such a fan and then he had the same experience as you with the first episode. I dont think he even knows ep. 2 has aired, or just doesnt care. i didnt know/care either. I was just surprised this thread was so quiet and bumped it to see if anyone else felt the same way

I obviously don't know the Base numbers, but how long before a show with a quite large cast (compared with prev seasons), rising salaries, lower audience/advertising $$ slides into break even/unprofitability?
I don't wanna be specific because this could be spoiler-y, but if you Google around there's a bit of controversy over a cast member with another show lined up who wants a pay increase, and it sounds like they might let them leave. What you're describing is definitely a big problem to any show built around a group of characters, which most are (there's no House without Hugh Laurie, for example), but TWD is uniquely equipped to do without quite a few of its main characters if it has to.

I think I'd enjoy a solid house cleaning. I mean as long as it's not telegraphed a year out or faked out hiding under dumpsters to feign surprise when it actually does happen an EP or two later.

Honestly though I think I would be satisfied with just realistic cause and effect dynamics. Do something stupid? You don't survive. Or not for very long.

Iderno lol. I gotta hide from this thread due to blood pressure!

HA! Always the way with tv shows (and movie franchises) and so is your comment about an actor getting snooty with a dutch oven scenario. I cant say I blame them though. I would probably do the same thing, but I'm not going to magically turn into an actor any time soon.

I agree with ynwtf's comment about a jolly good house cleaning in this show.

Basically, they need to get the drop on Negan... but then NOT kill him. Something would happen where Negan's presence would save the day, and they'd realize he's a greater asset as a living weapon under their control than if they were to simply kill him.
Of course, starting out, Negan would have to be treated as a prisoner, but in time he could effectively become the wolf living amongst the sheep - and what we saw in Carl's dream would become a reality. And when Negan becomes a step-dad to Judith, he slowly gains her loyalty and indoctrinates her. It would be like what happened in Battlestar Galactica (original) when Baltar was captured and went back to living with humanity. Lots of people would still want Negan dead, so the show's drama would then derive from the idea of is the greater threat from without or within.

both of us enjoyed that episode and not just because of the hotdog making scene eventhough that was pretty cool

And I googled for what I think Yoda was talking about. Very interesting. OT for a sec - Holy hell the Game of Thrones' salaries