World War Z the BEST Zombie Movie

→ in
Tools    

So far, it's the best zombie movie I have ever watched

With Brat Pitt as a main actor.

The movie, which was directed by Marc Forster and was written by Matthew Michael Carnahan and a host of collaborators, evokes the hectic density of modern life; it stirs fears of plague and anarchy, and the feeling that everything is constantly accelerating. At times, it has the tone and the tempo of panic.

You can watch it online in HD here http://adf.ly/jHcI2

For me it's the best zombie movie, but for you? Is it the best, or there are better zombie movies?
Thoughts?

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Meh, it was okay.

Shaun of the dead
28 Days later
28 Weeks Later
Dawn Of The Dead (remake)

There's just a bunch I've seen recently that are better.

To be honest - it was a big disappointment in my eyes. I know the OP felt a sense of panic but I felt nothing of the kind. In fact the as I watched it with glazed eyes and no emotion I realized the only zombie related to the film was me watching it.

I didn't feel any sense of drama or tension at any point during the film. There was no sense of jeopardy for Brad Pitt's character and it never felt as if the film's world was real - it seemed like watching a two hour videogame to me.

Plus I would take issue with the fact that it was a zombie film as zombies are meant to be infected humans. There is no way that real people could make the ridiculous human ladders that were seen in the is film.

Read the book, it is amazing, but they did not use one thing from the book in the film (other than the name). Or you could check out the early George Romero zombie films for an idea of what I look for in a zombie movie.

Sorry to be so negative, but that is just my opinion - feel free to tell me yours.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
^^^^^ Agree with antbull 100% on every word.

Book is literally 100x better than the movie. I've read it 3 times in a year.

The greatest zombie movie for me personally is "Dawn of the Dead" 1978. Standing way above everything else.

Dawn of the Dead
Night of the Living Dead
28 days Later
Day of the Dead
Zombieland

and after those 5 I don't think anything is worth mentioning, or is instantly forgettable after viewing.

It's such a shame that Hollywood feels modern movies have to have the "super zombie" when, the original slow moving zombie from Romero's early work was 100% fine.

I've got Romero's Zombie catalogue on DVD... the first 3 (Night, Dawn, Day) are better than World War Z... World War Z though was pretty good up till they ended up in the lab in Wales... then it became a bit of a downer in terms of tone for a third act. Still good though, I'd rate it top 80% margin, maybe 88% or so.

28 Days was great... 28 Weeks wasn't.

Best Zombie film though I've ever seen was Shaun Of The Dead... but without the zillions of Zombie films already made, Shaun couldn't have existed.

**** I forgot about Shaun of the Dead, totally up there with the best of em.

It's hard to feel a sense of panic and/or urgency in a film when your main character is Brad Pitt and as a viewer you already know that absolutely nothing bad is going to happen to him or his family. Made it very hard for me to care about anything going on.

My top 20:

1.The Return of the Living Dead
2.Dawn of the Dead
3.Dawn of the Dead (remake)
4.Zombie Flesh Eaters
5.Night of the Living Dead (1968)
6.Shaun of the Dead
7.Day of the Dead
8.Land of the Dead
9.Night of the Creeps
10. 28 Days Later
11. Zombieland
12. REC
13. Night of the Living Dead (1990)
14. Pontypool
15. I am Legend
16. Dead Snow
17. White Zombie
18. Warm Bodies
19. I Walked with a Zombie
20. Dead Girl

134. World War Z

I Am Legend is a Vampire film...
I Am Legend suffers from many of the same problems that really bug me about World War Z. One of the main issues I have is that the totally unnecessary CGI involved in both of those films, if the creatures are meant to be infected humans there is no need to use CGI when you could use real people in makeup - it really takes me out of the film.

The Walking Dead HANDS DOWN !
28 days later
Zombieland
Night Of The Living Dead
Dawn of the dead (remake)
Shaun Of The Dead .

It was a great movie and also original, but the way that they portrayed the zombies to react to certain aspects and how they acted just didn't seem right.

I prefer movies/series such as:

The walking dead
Shaun of the dead
Dawn of the dead
Zombieland

I have no intention of watching World War Z, it doesn't look appealing to me. I'm not into those kind of blockbusters.

My favorite zombie movie is 28 Days Later.