Favorite films that no one else seems to know?

Tools    

http://badmanbureau.com/2014/04/08/1...ever-heard-of/

That article there sort of inspired this thread. Have only seen Uncle Boonme from that list, but everyone seems really high on Diabolique so I'll have to check that out too.

For me, personally, Conversations With Other Women is one of my favorite flicks ever. It's sort of like what I'd hope the Before Midnight/Sunset/Sunrise trilogy would have been like. Really incredible acting from Helena Bonham Carter and Aaron Eckhart and some really witty/believable dialogue. It felt genuine and it breaks my heart every time.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Seen only three of them. Haven't heard about only two. Want to see about 4.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right

The Cremator by Juraj Herz
A lot of people interested in world cinema know this film.

I would write about that arthouse obscure flick from Bhutan, but it's so obscure I don't know it myself!

A lot of people interested in world cinema know this film.

I would write about that arthouse obscure flick from Bhutan, but it's so obscure I don't know it myself!
But not a lot of people here - even those who are into world cinema - have seen it.

Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives and Ali: Fear Eats the Soul are pretty big masterpieces in my world. The Celebration is good. Thats what i have seen from the 10 films. I know some of the others and urgently need to watch Marketa Lazarova!

My favorite relatively unknown movies:

Visitor of a Museum (1989) by Konstantin Lopushansky

Charulata (1964) by Satyajit Ray

Close-Up (1990) by Abbas Kiarostami

The Puppetmaster (1993) by Hou Hsiao-hsien

A Brighter Summer Day (1991) by Edward Yang

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Regarding The Cremator, my daughter saw it at the Prague Film School, and she owns the DVD. I saw it from Netflix when she mentioned it to me while still in Prague. Good flick.

Close-Up (1990) by Abbas Kiarostami

A Brighter Summer Day (1991) by Edward Yang
Two movies I'll see in the coming days. I loved Yi Yi from Edward Yang, haven't seen anything from Abbas Kiarostami yet.

I'd like to mention The Informer (1935), by John Ford. Haven't seen in a long time but never forgot, love it! Will revisit soon.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Following TokeZa's lead, some of my favorite more obscure (or just not very seen on the forums) films:

The Quince Tree Sun (1992) by Victor Erice

The Green Ray/Summer (1986) by Eric Rohmer

The Hypothesis of the Stolen Painting (1978) by Raoul Ruiz

Playtime (1967) by Jacques Tati

Make Way for Tomorrow (1937) by Leo McCarey

Some favourites of mine that don't get talked about much:

Confessions (2010) - Tetsuya Nakashima

Memories of Matsuko (2006) - Tetsuya Nakashima

Disco Pigs (2001) - Kirsten Sheridan

Distant (2002) - Nuri Bilge Ceylan

The Bow (2005) - Kim Ki Duk

I forgot one that i think is really interesting and im pondering about a rewatch soon. Its a Cuban film from 1968:

Memorias del subdesarrollo (1968) by Tomás Gutiérrez Alea

^ Nice to see another fan of that film.
It's an excellent movie. I think Mr Minio is a fan too from memory.

I've seen all of Nakashima's films except his first and they are all very good - he's definitely a director people should check out