My Master 100 (2014)

→ in
Tools    

I think I'll like Dredd, should I ever get around to watching it. Batman Begins was OK. I liked it more than TDK, but then, I think I might like superhero origin films more than the sequels that follow.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
72. The Hangover

"You probably get this a lot. This isn't real Caesars Palace. is it?"

Fun Movie Triva:

No effects or prosthetics were created for Stu's missing tooth. Actor Ed Helms never had an adult incisor grow, and his fake incisor was taken out for the parts of filming where Stu's tooth is missing.

Director Cameo (Todd Phillips): A guy making out with a woman in an elevator at the hotel.

71. The Prestige

"Man's reach exceeds his imagination!"

Fun Movie Triva:

Sam Mendes had shown interest in adapting Christopher Priest's novel for the big-screen, but Priest insisted that Christopher Nolan direct the film, based on his love for both "Following" and "Memento".

Ricky Jay, who played a magician in the film, coached Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale in their sleight-of-hand techniques.
70. Face Off

"Dr Walsh! I was enjoying some of your groovy painkillers!"

Fun Movie Triva:

The script as presented to director John Woo was set in the future, but Woo suggested changing the setting to the present to focus on the dramatic and psychological elements of the storyline.

The studio wanted John Woo to take the slash out of the title, but he kept it in so people wouldn't think it was a hockey movie.

69. The Departed

"Do you want to be a cop or only look like a cop?"

Fun Movie Triva:

A possible reason why Leonardo DiCaprio did not receive an Oscar nomination for his performance in this movie was because the Warner Bros. Studios initially did not want to favor DiCaprio over his co-stars and place him in the leading actor category. The studio favored DiCaprio's leading performance in "Blood Diamond" (which eventually got him a nomination). DiCaprio himself refused to campaign against his male co-stars in the supporting actor category, so Warner bought no supporting actor ads for DiCaprio, and he did not receive a nomination.

Mark Wahlberg based his performance on the police officers who'd arrested him about two dozen times in his youth, and the reactions of his parents who had to come bail him out with their grocery money.

The Departed and The Hangover are huge favorites of mine as well. I couldn't get into The Prestige or Face Off but I think I could on another day.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
68. Road House

"That gal's got entirely too many brains to have an ass like that."

Fun Movie Triva:
The exterior shots of "The Double Deuce" and "Red's Auto Parts" were facades that were built on site. The barn that Dalton rents was also built just for the movie.

67. Dawn Of The Dead (Remake)

"It's nice to see that you've all bonded through this disaster."

Fun Movie Triva:
According to the director, Zack Snyder, on the DVD commentary he states that Scott Frank and Michael Tolkin both did uncredited rewrites on the script.