My Master 100 (2014)

→ in
Tools    

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Good to see some love for Point Break.

Not really any favorites for me yet, although Jaws should be one I watch it again.

I really like The Bourne Identity, The Matrix, The Lost Boys, Free Willy, The Descent, Point Break, and anything Jackass.

I've only seen the beginning of Inception so far, and have to get back to it.

I thought Prometheus was decent.

Avatar was cool to look at, but ended up boring the hell out of me.

Haven't seen Toy Story, Troy, The Bourne Ultimatum, How to Train your Dragon, or Tears of the Sun yet.

84. Rocky Series

" Ain't gonna be no rematch"

Fun Movie Triva:

In the original script, Gazzo has his bodyguard bet $3,000 on Rocky in the Apollo Creed fight.

Rocky Balboa contains flashbacks from every Rocky film except "Rocky V"

83. Shrek Series

" I like that boulder. That is a nice boulder."

Fun Movie Triva:

Mike Myers actually read opposite his (then) wife Robin Ruzan when recording his lines for the climactic love scene at the end of the movie.

There are 36 unique locations in Shrek - more than any other computer-animated film at the time.

82. Planet Of The Apes (2001)

"Can't we all just get along?"

Fun Movie Triva:

Director Tim Burton has been quoted as saying that he has a fear of monkeys. He changed the character of Thade from a White Gorilla to a Chimpanzee for this reason.

Mark Wahlberg joined the film after meeting with Tim Burton for only five minutes. He was so anxious to work with the director that he agreed to play any part. Wahlberg dropped out of the role of Linus in "Ocean's Eleven" to do this film. He refused to wear a loincloth like Charlton Heston did in "Planet of the Apes" because he did not want to remind audiences of his underwear modeling.

81. Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes

"Get your stinking paws off of me, you damn dirty ape!"

Fun Movie Triva:

This is the second film in which Andy Serkis plays an ape, having previously portrayed 2005's version of "King Kong". He was also the motion capture actor for Gollum in Lord of the Rings, where he bites off Frodo's finger. His ape character Caesar bites the neighbor's finger in this role, too.

In the original ending (which was actually filmed), Will (James Franco ) dies. One month before the movie was slated to be released, however, minds were changed, so Franco and Andy Serkis flew in over the 4th of July weekend to shoot the ending that stayed in the film.

Love the Rocky series, haven't seen the Shrek series. I haven't seen Burton's Apes but just saw the original and loved it. Rise of the Planet of the Apes is the last film I saw at the movies; I thought it was awesome.

Shrek is awesome, Rocky is good, but hate the Tim Burton Apes movie. Can't comment on Rise since I never saw it.
You should really check Rise Of The Apes out, it's a great film.

80. Top Gun

" You can be my wingman anytime."

Fun Movie Triva:

Val Kilmer did not want to be in this film, but was forced to by contractual obligations.

Bryan Adams was asked to allow his song "Only the Strong Survive" on the soundtrack, but he refused because he felt that the film glorified war.

79. We're The Millers

" Did you hear the good news? Now we get to fu** the customers for money!"

Fun Movie Triva:

Jason Bateman, Will Arnett, and Steve Buscemi were all considered for the lead at various stages of development before Jason Sudeikis was cast.

Make-up artists made a prosthetic replica of Will Poulter's genitalia for the tarantula bite.

I've been watching this thread and finally am gonna chime in to give some love for Rocky!!! It's definitely in my top 50 if not my top 25 (I've never formally made a list).

78. Total Recall (1990)

"If I am not me, then who the hell am I? "

Fun Movie Triva:

Patrick Swayze was signed to play Quaid when the movie began preproduction in Australia with Bruce Beresford as the director. However, early in preproduction, Dino De Laurentiis' company went bankrupt. After Arnold Schwarzenegger heard about this, he persuaded Carolco to buy the script for him.

The subway scenes were filmed in the Mexico City subway system, specifically, the "Insurgentes" station of the Line 1: Observatorio-Pantitlan.

77. Lawless

" As long as you are my brother you will never let this happen again."

Fun Movie Triva:

Ryan Gosling, Scarlett Johansson, and Michael Shannon were originally slated to top line the project together with Shia LaBeouf.

Tom Hardy's character was originally supposed to be slimmer but Hardy had to bulk up for the movie "The Dark Knight Rises".

76. The Mask (1990)

" Look Mom, Ime Roadkill, ha ha"

Fun Movie Triva:

Years before "Son of the Mask", there were, at some point, plans for 'The Mask II', but that sequel was canceled after Jim Carrey' declined to reprise his role. There was even a contest from Nintendo Power magazine where first prize was a walk-on role in that movie.

Prior to Cameron Diaz landing the role of Tina Carlyle, the producers had originally suggested Anna Nicole Smith for the role. Ultimately the decision was reversed when they found Cameron Diaz while leaving a modeling agency.

75. Lethal Weapon

"Ain't got no choice! Looks like we both been ****ed!"

Fun Movie Triva:

Hollywood city officials hung Christmas decorations on Hollywood Blvd. a few months early so that the scenes shot for this film, particularly the action scenes near the end of the picture, looked like they happened at the end of the year.

According to a June 2007 Vanity Fair article, Bruce Willis was considered for the Riggs role.

74. Dredd

"Negotiation's over. Sentence is death."

Fun Movie Triva:

Unlike the previous Judge Dredd movie, Karl Urban has confirmed that the helmet will never come off to keep true to the comic book character.

Michael Biehn auditioned for the lead role.

73. Batman Begins

"It's not who we are but what we do that defines us."

Fun Movie Triva:

Before Christian Bale, David Boreanaz was the original choice for the role of Bruce Wayne.

Only days before the role of Batman was cast, eight actors were asked to audition for the part. The actors were Christian Bale, Joshua Jackson, Eion Bailey, Hugh Dancy, Billy Crudup, Cillian Murphy, Henry Cavill and Jake Gyllenhaal. While Bale won the part, Christopher Nolan liked Murphy's audition so much, he cast him as Dr. Jonathan Crane/The Scarecrow. Part of the audition process involved the actors wearing a Batman mask and an old mask used by Val Kilmer in "Batman Forever" was brought out of storage for this purpose.