My Master 100 (2014)

→ in
Tools    

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
97. Toy Story

"You are a child's play thing!"

Fun Movie Triva:

The animation team perfected the movement of the toy soldiers by gluing some sneakers to a sheet of wood and trying to walk around with them on.

Woody and Buzz Lightyear are inspired by director John Lasseter's own childhood toys. He based Woody on his own pull-string Casper doll, and once he grew out of Casper he moved on to a G.I. Joe, a flashy toy at the time of his childhood.

96. The Matrix

"I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my life."

Fun Movie Triva:

Nicolas Cage turned down the part of Neo because of family commitments. Other actors considered for the role included Tom Cruise and Leonardo DiCaprio.

Will Smith was approached to play Neo, but turned down the offer in order to star in "Wild Wild West". He later admitted that, at the time, he was "not mature enough as an actor" and that, if given the role, he "would have messed it up".

Miss Vicky, this is 2014.
I know what year it is, tyvm. People still buy DVDs and blurays in 2014.

Not seen Prometheus or Avatar. Didn't care for The Bourne Identity or The Matrix. Toy Story is good, but it's never been a favorite.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Toy Story is a solid
film. I only saw it once long, long ago.
The Matrix is nice.
I remember the ballyhoo when it came out (or rather was screened for the first time in Poland, OR rather on TV in Poland for the first time, either way it was something back then).
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Avatar is excellent, The Matrix is very good, The Bourne Identity is decent, Toy Story is OK and I didn't like Prometheus.

Probably one of the only top 100s where I've actually seen the first five movies so that's good

95. Jackass 3D

" Hello, I'm Johnny Knoxville, Welcome to Jackass!"

Fun Movie Triva:

"The Helicockter" was the video used to pitch this film to executives at Paramount Pictures. They were still experimenting 3D equipment at that time.

The first "Jackass" film not to be endorsed by the Miller Brewing Company. The cast and crew refused to have alcohol on set to support Steve-O in his rehab process.

94. Inception

" If we are gonna perform Inception then we need imagination."

Fun Movie Triva:

James Franco was in talks with Christopher Nolan to play Arthur, but was ultimately unavailable due to scheduling conflicts.

The Hollywood Reporter reported that Brad Pitt and Will Smith were separately offered to play the role of Cobb, but both actors passed on the role.

93. Troy

" War is young men dying and old men talking."

Fun Movie Triva:

The impending war in Iraq forced production to move from Morocco to Baja California Sur, Mexico, in February 2003.

Brad Pitt and Eric Bana did not use stunt doubles for their epic duel. They made a gentlemen's agreement to pay for every accidental hit; $50 for each light blow and $100 for each hard blow. Pitt ended up paying Bana $750, and Bana didn't owe Pitt anything.

Some great films so far.

Prometheus - 8/10
The Bourne Identity 8/10
Toy Story - 10/10
The Matrix - 10/10
Jackass 3d - 7/10
Troy - 6/10
Inception - 9/10

92. The Bourne Ultimatum

"This is where it started for me. This is where it ends."

Fun Movie Triva:

The film crew were unable to shut down Waterloo station, so pedestrians in the station can be seen looking and pointing at the camera.

As in the previous films, the type of martial arts used by Jason Bourne is a combination of Filpino Kali with Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune Do. The character of Desh uses the same combination, as well as some moves from the Brazilian martial art of Capoeira.

91. Jaws

" You're gonna need a bigger boat."

Fun Movie Triva:

Richard Dreyfuss originally turned down the role of Hooper but had worries after the initial screening of "The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz" and asked for his part back.

Victoria Principal was considered for the role of Ellen Brody.

90. The Lost Boys

"Great! The Bloodsucking Brady Bunch!"

Fun Movie Triva:

The title of the film is a reference to the companions of Peter Pan, who remained forever young.

Kiefer Sutherland was only meant to wear the black gloves he wears as David when riding the motorbike. However, while messing around on the bike behind-the-scenes, he fell off, breaking his arm so he had to wear the gloves through the whole movie to cover his cast.

89. How To Train Your Dragon

"Thank you for nothing you useless reptile."

Fun Movie Triva:

The Night Fury dragon species was originally going to be be more wolf like in appearance. Instead, a Dreamworks employee's computer screen saver of a black leopard inspired the film's creators to make Toothless more feline in appearance.

The creature sounds and audio effects in the film were mostly created at Skywalker Sound.

88. Free Willy

"So how much are they payin' you to be my jailer?
"

Fun Movie Triva:

After the release of the film, millions of movie goers called the number shown at the end of the movie where $20 million was donated for the Save the Whales Foundation.

Keiko, the killer whale used in the film, died on Friday 12 December 2003 after the sudden onset of pneumonia in the Taknes Fjord in Norway. The whale was 27 years old.

87. The Descent

" I'm an English teacher, not fu*king Tomb Raider."

Fun Movie Triva:

The cast members were taken to a rock-climbing center in Derbyshire to help prepare them for filming.

According to the audio commentary on the special edition DVD, there was a exact replica made of Nora-Jane Noone and after the movie was finished, she got to keep the head of the doll and put it in her mother's freezer as a joke.

I don't agree with this 'you have to see a film a few times for it to be a favourite' stuff.

OK, finally two films I can get behind. + rep for The Lost Boys and Jaws, obviously. Jaws is always getting + rep. Just a shame to see it so low, but, at least it made the list.

Carry on.

86. Point Break

"Little hand says it's time to rock and roll."

Fun Movie Triva:

Keanu Reeves observed real FBI agents in L.A. to study for the role. He also practiced with UCLA quarterback coaches to help with the football scene.

Matthew Broderick was originally offered the role of Johnny Utah. Others who auditioned were Johnny Depp and Charlie Sheen .

85. Tears Of The Sun

" Sir, Rules of Engagement?"

Fun Movie Triva:

Kevin Smith was originally cast to co-star with Bruce Willis as a supporting SEAL team member. Tragically, he died from head injuries sustained from a three story prop tower fall, after his last film "Warriors of Virtue: The Return to Tao" wrapped.

All the actors who played Navy SEALs had to go through a two week boot camp.