Point Break Remake 2015

Tools    

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
It seems the 1991 action movie is getting a remake. It's being directed by Ericson Core, and is starring Gerrard Butler (Swayzes role), and Luke Bracey (Reeves Role).

Pretty strange remake to happen. Loved the original, it's a great movie but a remake..Meh.

Just saw the trailer and all I can say is why?????????? This is on the same level as why did they do a TMNT movie

Release Date: December 25, 2015
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Ericson Core
Screenwriter: Kurt Wimmer
Starring: Ray Winstone, Delroy Lindo, Teresa Palmer, Edgar Ramirez, Luke Bracey
Plot: In Alcon Entertainment’s fast-paced, high-adrenaline action thriller "Point Break," a young FBI agent, Johnny Utah (Luke Bracey), infiltrates a cunning team of thrill-seeking elite athletes – led by the charismatic Bodhi (Edgar Ramirez). The athletes are suspected of carrying out a spate of crimes in extremely unusual ways.

Deep undercover, and with his life in imminent danger, Utah strives to prove they are the architects of this string of inconceivable crimes.

The film is replete with the most daring athleticism ever seen in a motion picture. These action adventure feats are performed by elite athletes representing the world’s best in class in big-wave surfing, wingsuit flying, sheer-face snowboarding, free rock climbing, and high-speed motorcycling.

Wow... a bunch of no-names and actor-for-hire Ray Winston doing a funny accent.
Even the Director is so well known he has no wiki page.

Looks like Star Wars has a contender this Chritsmas

I get the impression the writing for this is totally sub-standard.

The original, Utah had to infiltrate by getting into the surfing scene after Pappas has a few moments of realisation. For instance the CCTV footage of a tan-line.

In this remake it seems that "they're extreme sports people" and "you must go undercover"... so he does, then he infiltrates, then he wins.
Just seems like an ABC 123 movie scriptwise.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I really am starting to hate remakes. I don't see the point. This movie already exists, it has Patrick Swayze, Keanu Reeves, and Gary Busey and is totally awesome. This looks generic and boring. PASS.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I want my two minutes of trailer watching back.

That looks terrible. If I have to base my opinion on a trailer, it appears to have none of the charm of the original. All of the character of the original has been polished away with fancy aerial shots of people base jumping and sky diving. Also, I'm sorry, but Keanu and Swayze made that film work.

Not seeing this one.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave

Never before have I felt the urge to vomit after watching a trailer but this came damn close. That looks positively awful. It looks really cheap and so generic. The cinematography looks so grey and grubby like a direct-to-DVD action film. All that's missing is Steven Seagal.

And I'm just going to say this before someone else does. Point Break? More like Pointless Break. Thank you, thank you very much

Release Date: December 25, 2015
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Ericson Core
Screenwriter: Kurt Wimmer
Starring: Ray Winstone, Delroy Lindo, Teresa Palmer, Edgar Ramirez, Luke Bracey
Plot: In Alcon Entertainment’s fast-paced, high-adrenaline action thriller "Point Break," a young FBI agent, Johnny Utah (Luke Bracey), infiltrates a cunning team of thrill-seeking elite athletes – led by the charismatic Bodhi (Edgar Ramirez). The athletes are suspected of carrying out a spate of crimes in extremely unusual ways.

Deep undercover, and with his life in imminent danger, Utah strives to prove they are the architects of this string of inconceivable crimes.

The film is replete with the most daring athleticism ever seen in a motion picture. These action adventure feats are performed by elite athletes representing the world’s best in class in big-wave surfing, wingsuit flying, sheer-face snowboarding, free rock climbing, and high-speed motorcycling.

Looks like a good, colorful action flick - never seen the original but don't see how this could turn out too bad.

looks like a cool concept to me
The negativity seems exaggerated to me - maybe it helps I never saw the original, but I can see this being as good as Mad Max Fury Road

You make me want to watch the original now