What happened to Ray Liotta

Tools    

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
After the success of GoodFella's which is now considered one of the greatest movies ever made, what happened to Ray Liotta?. Some may agree with this thread, others may not, but why didn't Ray Liottas career explode. He was basically the star man of GoodFellas, and although ime not fan of his, he still did a fantastic job. Since GoodFellas he's been in alot of movies (mostly straight to dvd), he's been in many tv shows, and tho many will say its still successful, why didn't he go on to bigger movies, bigger roles?.

Let the night air cool you off
He went on to be in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, so he's alright in my books. I liked him in Observe and Report and Killing Them Softly as well. I don't really have an answer to your question though.

One hit wonder...

Happens a lot especially when an actor's early turn is so lauded.

Goodfellas was his sixth film... before that he'd been nominated for his role in Something Wild but when he made Goodfellas, his public became so engrained with the role of Henry Hill that nobody cared about his other work.

Macaulay Culkin had the same with Home Alone.
He'd made a couple before that and he was noticed, the Home Alone was so huge nobody cared about his other work.

Liotta has been lauded for other work since Goodfellas though. Narc and Unlawful Entry saw him nominated for Best Villain and Best Supporting Actor.

He's also got a massive 9 more roles coming over the next 12 months too. So his career is still going strong.

I thought his career and Jason Patrics were gonna surge after the movie "Narc". If you havent seen it then do so. He had a smouldering intensity I didnt think was possible from him.

One hit wonder...

Happens a lot especially when an actor's early turn is so lauded.

Goodfellas was his sixth film... before that he'd been nominated for his role in Something Wild but when he made Goodfellas, his public became so engrained with the role of Henry Hill that nobody cared about his other work.

Macaulay Culkin had the same with Home Alone.
He'd made a couple before that and he was noticed, the Home Alone was so huge nobody cared about his other work.

Liotta has been lauded for other work since Goodfellas though. Narc and Unlawful Entry saw him nominated for Best Villain and Best Supporting Actor.

He's also got a massive 9 more roles coming over the next 12 months too. So his career is still going strong.
Pretty much happened to Mark Hamill too. Had to go onto voice acting for consistent work.

I don't like Ray Liotta in Goodfellas. In fact, he's one big reason why I didn't enjoy the film.

I'm not sure why. It's just one of those things where it is what it is.

His career really should have exploded after GOODFELLAS. He was also excellent in NARC and I absolutely LOVED him in BLOW playing Johnny Depp's father. As to why he fell off the radar, I have absolutely no idea. A lot of times when an actor on the fast track suddenly disappears, substance abuse usually has something to do with it, but I have not read or heard anything documenting that.

I don't like Ray Liotta in Goodfellas. In fact, he's one big reason why I didn't enjoy the film.

I'm not sure why. It's just one of those things where it is what it is.
You know what's strange, I didnt either. In Goodfellas I strongly felt they should have gotten another name actor for Henry Hills part.

Since then though Ive come to really like him. Another actor that happened with is Liam Neeson. In Schindlers List I was like Who da hell?! Afterwards he won me over.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
Ray has been pretty much stuck in the 'mobster' rolls in everything. He is actually trending on Yahoo right now. He is suing a skin care company because they say that he used their product, he says he didn't. Apparently he has three movies coming out this year though.

Ray has been pretty much stuck in the 'mobster' rolls in everything. He is actually trending on Yahoo right now. He is suing a skin care company because they say that he used their product, he says he didn't. Apparently he has three movies coming out this year though.
If I ran a skin care company, he's about the last person I would say used my product. Is Tommy Lee Jones their spokesmodel?

You know what's strange, I didnt either. In Goodfellas I strongly felt they should have gotten another name actor for Henry Hills part.

Since then though Ive come to really like him. Another actor that happened with is Liam Neeson. In Schindlers List I was like Who da hell?! Afterwards he won me over.
Who would you have cast as Henry Hill?