The Videogames Tab

Tools    

You're not wrong. But it kinda makes sense. After THQ, the original makers of the game, went under, Ubisoft came in and bought all of the assets. I assume that due to the timing of the acquisition, they didn't have the time to integrate UPlay perks into the game itself. Maybe they'll offer DLC at some point, but for the moment there are no online features for that game specifically.
Thanks for your input.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Yessss!

Really wanted to do it with my hair on, but little victories and all that

Realised I was doing it wrong by trying to tank with the OK armour. Pared down to me panties instead for the 0% roll & endurance recovery. Mucchhhh more fun. Still took me 10+ goes tho

The People's Republic of Clogher
The nearby armour has similar stats to the Old Knight stuff but is lighter and more durable .... and better looking.

Hey I like that chainmail skirt look . Cheers for the tip! (I did wonder how people had left messages up there). I just got surprise-eagle-lifted to a place where it's proving very useful

Now the question is just... greed ring... or survive?

A system of cells interlinked
I went to the Wharf before I went to Lost Bastille. I did find the eagle and i took a ride at first, but then just quickly ported back and went back to the Tower of flame and went down the dark staircase there. They are both of abut equal difficulty, IMO...

Yep, same here. The Wharf is a good farming place for Souls and has the only merchant (the only one I've found anyway) who buys as well as sells, but I find it a bit of a chore. Probably because it's so dark.

I've beaten a retreat from Huntsman's Copse because I'm slightly too weak for it as yet. Need more poison resistance too.

Back to the Bastille then, where I've discovered a few areas but mainly am just putting off the inevitable - That bloody triple boss thing.

I ran up against the Ruin Sentinels for a while, and had to give it quite a few attempts. Those guys are pretty slow though, so once I got the first once down, I jumped down and kited them around until I learned all their attack patterns - then they went down pretty quickly.

RE: Wharf - You can light the place up with a lock stone! Before that, just carry that torch around! I went shield-less on that level so i could see!

Wait, what? Triple boss? Yeah I'm just doing recon at the moment, and looking for a way to actually get back out! Hopefully the mist doorway I've saved in front of isn't a menagerie of monsters

I ran up against the Ruin Sentinels for a while, and had to give it quite a few attempts. Those guys are pretty slow though, so once I got the first once down, I jumped down and kited them around until I learned all their attack patterns - then they went down pretty quickly.

RE: Wharf - You can light the place up with a lock stone! Before that, just carry that torch around! I went shield-less on that level so i could see!
Yep, I heard about the Lockstone way of doing things but it seemed a shame to waste one on what looks like a bit of a side area. The torch works great - especially at scaring those long-armed things - but, again, I decided against wasting my precious wood. Ooh-err.

Apparently there's an area where you need all your torches, and then some more.

Hopefully the mist doorway I've saved in front of isn't a menagerie of monsters
From Software - Breeding mistrust in the minds of gamers since the 1990s.

The triple boss is hard, but not as hard as the Belfry Gargoyle fight (optional). No less than EIGHT bosses in that room.

I should go back and try to beat them again, since I just eventually blew it off, what with all the invasions on the way to the boss room...

I don't feel like I wasted the lock stone in the wharf, but there is a place in a later stage that definitely had me wasting lock stones...

Dammit, I'm getting close with those three. The trick I'm finding is to get rid of #1 quick and make sure you don't fall off while doing it.

Managed to get the other two to 10% health each before getting sucker punched. Grr.

That fight had me working on my targeting skills, and I had to get it down really well before i could handle that fight. You are on the right track, for sure. I killed the first guy, and then waited for the second one to jump up to fight me, at which point I let mmyself fall to the lower level and quickly quaffed an estus to refill.... From there on out, it was careful targeting and kiting ftw...

Also: Bastille has a couple of big secrets - make sure to explore carefully!

Ahhhh, letting #2 come up to your level. Crafty!

I've found a few great looking weapons so far and used a Lockstone which netted me some useful loot.

I'm going to be more spoiler aware from now on, seeing as we're getting further into the game.

Supposedly we've got it even harder than usual Tatty. Lots of chatter suggesting that FPS is the time metric in DS2, meaning PC weapons degrade faster, invincibility windows are reduced, certain boss attacks are quicker etc. Sounds highly unlikely that the developers would miss something like that, but some of the testing on durability looks interesting. (And certainly my kit does seem to degrade mentally fast at times, often when I'm dual-wielding against groups. Might tally with the claims about dying enemies being even more wearing at 60fps for some reason)

---

Trying really hard not to spoil things for myself, but can't help but dip into a few vids. Mainly guys working areas I've already covered. Picking up some interesting errata on the way though. Like...

Fire damage increases the more hollow you are?
Crows presage The Pursuer's alternate arrivals?

And..doh, I've just realised I can homeward bone outta bastille if I hit the sh*t. Thank feck for that, thought I might be cornered (Especially given the Youtuber who just owned The Pursuer with the basic Knight build is now talking about how much he dies to those triple Bastille guys )

*EDIT* And yes, cloud any potential spoilers in misty vagaries, dreamy allusions and trailing sentences plz

Hmm, so if they're right, the worst performing DS2 (the PS3) is also the easiest? The 360's is also locked at 30 too, I guess, but when the PS3 slows to 15fps do you get a boost?

If that's true then it's plain bad coding and a patch should appear soon, unless framerate is tied to the engine (unlikely seeing as the PC runs 60 natively). Dark Souls fans (present company accepted, natch) are the most rabid and circlejerky I've seen in a good long while and if the game is broken as suggested then From employees must be quaking in their boots.

Given the rage on Steam at the DLC pricing, I reckon so

I'd put money on this being one of the first branded Steam Machines to see the light of day:

It seems an amazing little thing, and being able to stick it to the back of your TV is genius. Haven't seen a price yet but a quick look on Amazon shows an alternate version (more powerful CPU, on-board graphics) being £800 after discount.

Yeah.

Remember: Weapon degradation is erased when you rest at a fire, unless the weapon actually breaks, at which point you need to hit the smith in Majula to repair it and THEN rest at the fire. Otherwise, if stuck an unable or unwilling to rest at the time (like after clearing a string of particularly hard baddies before a boss encounter), you can use the (expensive) repair powder instead of hitting the fire.

Don't miss the secret smith in Bastille, either! Just a little time spent examining the situation/nearby environment can reveal a way to access him without the key to unlock his door...

I will give you a hint: Donkey Kong!

Yep I've been being careful not to wreck my kit, even going back to the bonfire rather than push on in some cases, but it's weird how quick they degrade on occasion. It is of course possible that I'm smacking the walls with abandon too much while dual-wielding

Aha, explosive barrels you say! Cool, I kept accidentally setting the ones off at the 2nd Forest fire with my firesword, with painful consequences! Will try and use a more expedient method this time - have some fire arrows n bombs tucked away