Help me with Clerks!!

Tools    

Im looking for a little help. In my film analysis class i was assigned Kevin Smith's 'Clerks' to analyze as my final project. If you ave any ideas on a leson about the movie, or an activity, i would greatly appreciate the help.

It was beauty killed the beast.
Originally posted by Zeiken
Im looking for a little help. In my film analysis class i was assigned Kevin Smith's 'Clerks' to analyze as my final project. If you ave any ideas on a leson about the movie, or an activity, i would greatly appreciate the help.
Kong will just pose a few questions for you, and you can take it from there.

1. What does Clerks say about clerks? Or for that matter anyone working an unsatisfying, low-paying job?
2. What are the different ways each character attempts to combat the tedious and boring nature of their work? Does this apply to people in the "real world" as well?
3. What contrasts and similarities can you come up with between the two main clerks and Jay & Bob?
4. Do you feel this movie contains a message or moral about sex?
5. Is there signifigance to the fact that the main character is not "supposed to be here today!"?

Philosophically, if as a construction contractor you decide to work for an evil organization such as the Empire or the Mob, are you in fact really then in no position to complain if things go awry?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

It was beauty killed the beast.
Originally posted by Holden Pike
Philosophically, if as a construction contractor you decide to work for an evil organization such as the Empire or the Mob, are you in fact really then in no position to complain if things go awry?
Maybe we could push the idea even further and it could become an anti-whistle blowing film...

Another idea: Squandering one's talents in the pursuit of a more leisurely and lazy life leads to a dull, banal existence where the occasional moment of pleasure usually comes from gossip concerning a peer's situation worse that one's own. In essence, the pursuit of laziness is the pursuit of one's downfall.

YoUr FrIeNd &TrUsTeD aDvIsOr
jeez enough said.
good stuff

I must become Caligari..!
Maybe you could write your paper on How much a JizzMopper Gets paid
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Originally posted by Hondo333
Maybe you could write your paper on How much a JizzMopper Gets paid
Not enough, let me tell you.

kong basically covered the main. the only way in which to look at it now is the direction. thinking of average man and there goals, watch the scene after the funeral in the car with the kwick pace pan no cuts in an entire conversation, very unautherdox(i cant spell can i) look at the budget(y its black and white) and look at his "training"(he droped out) then elaberate on it..