So glad to see this place thriving

Tools    

Wow ... what a trip. It's been years since logging in, but after seeing an Oscar Pick email from admin, I thought I'd give it a look.

Glad to see some familiar users around here as well.

Looking forward to getting back into the conversation!

Hey, good to see you again!

Yeah, I send out an email or two each year (usually about the Oscars), but a lot of the emails were getting blocked and I just tweaked some server stuff, so I imagine a lot of longtime users are hearing from us for the first time in awhile this morning. Neat.

A system of cells interlinked
Welcome back!

Wow ... what a trip. It's been years since logging in, but after seeing an Oscar Pick email from admin, I thought I'd give it a look.

welcome back even tho i havent talked to u before

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.

Good to see you! Why not join in our foreign language film countdown.

Welcome home! Actually think this place is thriving more now than any other time since ive been here.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
This places is dead compared to a few years ago.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
We've yet to have a year where somebody doesn't say it was busier/better/whatever a few years ago. So it goes.
I’m just going by the review section really. A couple of years ago and that was a very popular and busy section. I was looking through a few before and barely anyone posts anymore on there.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I’m just going by the review section really. A couple of years ago and that was a very popular and busy section. I was looking through a few before and barely anyone posts anymore on there.
Yeah, I think this is actually a great example on why this is such a popular refrain, year after year: people use the site differently over time. People starting their own review threads was one of the primary ways people used the site a few years ago, for sure, but now they tend to post reviews wherever and don't house them in dedicated threads as often. Probably because the Reviews section has grown a lot (almost 13,000 now), so it matters less and less where reviews go on the forums since we pluck them out and highlight them from wherever.

We used to have more games, too, and I'm sure at some point someone came by and saw that the kinds of games that used to be so busy weren't any more, and came to the same conclusion, even though people were just playing different games.

I don't take offense to it or anything, but it's just a constant in the life of any forum, that people use it differently and the only version that feels good/right/active/whatever to someone is the way it was used when they first got into it.

The review section isn't the 'thing' it use to be, I don't hardly do reviews on my review thread (I should work on it more though). Gideon is still pumping out reviews and the Rate the Last Movie You Saw thread is going strong. Recently we got a big influx of members from another movie board that closed...The HoFs, the big MoFo Top 100 Countdowns are all going strong!

Jeez, second only to a forum that apparently talks a lot of TV shows with their movies, and then mainly equipment... and friggin' Reddit?!...

... that's some going.