Dumb and Dumber sequel

Tools    

A trailer's been released.

I think it looks awful based on the trailer. I'm disappointed.

A scene involving an old woman being dirty? Ooooh, how innovative.

Hopefully the movie's better than that trailer, but I'm predicting disappointment, negative reviews and the movie being totally forgotten by next year based on how that trailer looks. I was excited about this sequel, but that trailer gives me a bad feeling.

It's just a trailer. People say that a lot when they see trailers, and then when the movie comes out they go see it and they enjoy it. Or they wind up not seeing it and be disappointed they skipped it when they view it on DVD or Blu-ray.

There seems to be a huge theme to that trailer of being old and decrepit and dead (Lloyd pretending to be catatonic for 20 years, the visible funeral parlor that Kathleen Turner appears to be working at, the old woman at the nursing home, Lloyd thinking his dead dad has called him).

It has no energy. There's too much death.

Compare it to the first film's trailer, which is bursting with life and spontaneity:

At first I was worried, but now I'm actually scared that it could end up being one of the lowest rated films of the year.

Really unimpressed by that trailer. Looks like it's not even close to capturing the feeling of the original. But I hope I am proven wrong.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Trailer looks terrible.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Maybe I'm just weird but I found the trailer really rather funny. I think I laughed more at that trailer than I have at some full-length comedy films of recent years.

Look forward to it

Founder of DejaScene.com
I'm sure it will be awful and funny at the same time. I'll watch it just because...

I'm sure it will be awful and funny at the same time. I'll watch it just because...
What's awful and funny is that people are paying more attention to this movie on here than they are Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, Star Wars Episode VII or any top level upcoming film. Or is that just me?

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I will most definitely see this movie. However, does anybody else have a bittersweet feeling about it? I feel like the humor is playing off the nostalgia more than it is trying to offer-up something new. Also, Jeff Daniels looks like he has to really force the character, whereas Jim Carey looks ... frankly, ... more ridiculous than he is supposed to.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
As much as this movie looks bad, I still laughed at the trailer.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

It'll be terrible.

But unlike the Three Stooges movie that was out last year, the generation that grew up watching Dumb and Dumber still go to the movies. I can't see it making money but I'd be surprised if it bombed as bad as other reboots have.

That movie looks shockingly AWFUL.

Nothing in these trailers have been funny or even ... original. It looks like it was made by a poor director and a poor writer, not the people who made the first movie.

I think the first movie is great, but this one ... usually I like sequels, or anticipate them, and I was anticipating this, but I am already hating this movie because of the trailers alone. It looks incredibly sad. I am thinking it might bomb.