I'm Leaving/I'm coming back

Tools    

Nebbit, take out the "s" in the URL for Youtube videos. It stands for secure, so you can't share them.

HTTPS= no good
HTTP=
Thanks

I am burdened with glorious purpose
This seems to be a perfect thread to which I can say something about this site.

I joined this forum many years ago -- I don't remember -- and I posted often and was very warmly welcomed. I think Yoda is a great administrator. I remember going through a serious illness and everyone being so nice.

I'm sure no-one here is even wondering why I leave this place for a long time and then return for a little bit, but I'll explain anyway.

THIS PLACE IS ADDICTING.

I get addicted. I am powerless over this website when I come here. I want to read all the threads, jump in, get the last word, lol, respond to people, see if I get reputation, give reputation, get to "know" new posters, and argue incessantly over films (and politics, right, Yoda?)

And I can't get addicted. I'm a teacher with papers to grade and lessons to plan. A mother who has to deal with grown up sons who are more needy than they should be. A homeowner who has to clean the house and pay the bills. A woman who needs to read books and engage in all manner of pop culture (TV and movies mostly).

So, if you ever wonder why I leave and come back, it is because this place is addicting.

I still see so many familiar faces here. Years later. How do you guys manage it?

I still see so many familiar faces here. Years later. How do you guys manage it?
I have no life.

Always pleased to see you about the place, Tramp.

Well, for those who don't know yet, I'm having surgery on the 21st of this month. I've barely been on these past two weeks or so, because of how bad I feel. I am e-mailing him now to see what I can take to help this. I'm also emailing him because I looked up the surgery, and a lot of people say they hurt like hell for a long time after, and have other problems. Now I'm seriously worried.

They send you home on the same day of surgery, as long as nothing goes wrong, but I don't see me sitting over here for some time. I will however, try to Kindle a fast post in here saying, "Home and OK!".
Before surgery, I'm just going to keep an eye on the theme thread, and the pictures thread. I will also get 3-4 grill threads going, if possible. That will be enough of those until I get going again.

p.s. The surgery is for a hernia. I had a bad infection, and my white blood cells were way off when I had my gall bladder removed. I had an infection in the lower incision after the surgery, and now I have this. I still believe they also seriously weakened the tissue when they blew up my stomach for that Laparoscopic surgery. Hopefully this is the end of it all.

OK, that is all!

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Well, for those who don't know yet, I'm having surgery on the 21st of this month.
I wish you well.

Thanks guys! I go at 9:00 a.m. Monday. I hopefully come home on the same day.

Honey bear and Christine, you both mentioned in PM about emails. I'll just post mine here. I don't care who has it . . . [email protected].

You guys can PM me your email addresses. Duh me, I got your email in that last PM, Christine..

Thinking about you Destiny. Hoping all goes well.