Cricket's Top 100 of the Decade so Far

→ in
Tools    

Quite like American Mary - Betty Boop was the scariest thing in it imo lol, not seen Brooklyn.
Wasn't very keen on Seven Days but have to say some of it was done really well, Cold Fish sounds interesting.
Not even heard of Wadjda, probably should watch Dallas Buyers Club but have skipped on it thus far.

Sinister OF COURSE get a big plus!

Seven Days is also awesome!

Love the list so far

Dallas Buyers Club is great. Great lead performance aside, I thought Brooklyn was pretty forgettable.

I have not watched the rest of all the ones on the last page.

Repo Men (2010)

Sci-Fi thriller starring Jude Law and Forest Whitaker that is action packed and surprisingly ultra-violent.

Beauty Day (2011)

One of my favorite documentaries.

Nurse 3D (2013)

A psycho nurse played by a hall of fame butterface. I may be the only person who liked this movie.

The American (2010)

This is a very underrated thriller.

Let the night air cool you off
Nice. I am a big fan of The American. Haven't seen hardly any of the other movies on the list. A lot of them are movies I probably prematurely dismissed as trash. I'll probably try a few of those out now.

Repo Men is a great ride, not seen it for ages so thanks for the reminder
Never seen Beauty Day, would need to look it up to see if it was potentially of interest or not.
Nurse 3D .... 'psycho nurse' immediately piques interest, 3D in the title dampens it again though (assuming it's in the viewing sense) - never seen it but who knows, perhaps one day.
Enjoyed The American, have not felt a need to revisit it though.

Good stuff so far, cricket. Lots of interesting, outside-the-box choices. I'm happy to say that I've seen most of the entries so far.

A quick run-through:

I remember reading about Love Ranch when it first came out and thinking that it sounded interesting, but the reception was generally negative and the movie quickly faded into obscurity. I haven't seen Joe Pesci in a movie in ages, so I mostly want to watch it for him. Escape Plan is decent and it's always cool seeing Sly and Arnold together on screen. Machete is a lot of fun. I remember the two lead performances in Conviction being very good and the true story was compelling, but to be honest I'd forgotten the movie even existed until I saw it on your list. Excision worked better for me as a black comedy than a horror film, but I enjoyed it and the ending has really stuck with me. Not a big fan of Woody Allen, but I think Blue Jasmine is one of his best and Blanchett gives one of my favorite performances by an actress this decade.

Klown is on my watchlist. The Baytown Outlaws feels like a southern-fried version of a Tarantino film, so that's right up my alley, but although I enjoyed the flick, it also left a lot to be desired. Cool to see it on the list, though, since it's rarely discussed. I didn't like Bullet to the Head at all, even though I'm a fan of Sly and Walter Hill. I need to give it another chance, though, since I think I remember dozing off a couple of times while watching it because I was so tired. The Woman was a huge disappointment. I think it was the attempts at dark humor that didn't work for me. I found Sabotage too dour and unpleasant for its own good. Sinister got off to a great, creepy start, but the deeper it ventured into supernatural territory, the less I liked it. Drive Angry is a blast. Out of all the modern-day exploitation flicks that came out in the aftermath of Grindhouse, I think it's one of the best and most entertaining.

The Interview is hilarious and one of my favorite comedies of this decade, but I love almost everything Seth Rogen and company do. ("They hate us 'cuz they anus!") American Mary, Seven Days and Cold Fish are already on my watchlist. Brooklyn isn't typically my kind of movie, but I thought it was very good and very enchanting. Saorise Ronan is one of the most talented young actresses out there right now. Not too interested in Wadjda, although I'm sure it's a good movie. McConaughey and Leto really elevated the quality of Dallas Buyers Club. Repo Men was better than I expected, but it hasn't really stuck with me. Don't know much about Beauty Day, but every time I see that screenshot, I think it's David Lee Roth. I caught some of Nurse 3D on TV one night and it looked abysmal. The American is good, but it's another movie I'd forgotten all about until seeing it pop up on your list.

Looking forward to the rest!

Her (2013)

It took me a while to see this because I wasn't interested in the story. It turned out to be a great story and it features a terrific performance from Joaquin Phoenix.

The Crazies (2010)

This is how a remake is supposed to be done.

Her is great and thoroughly enjoyed the remake of The Crazies (I score it half a point above the original).
I'll catch up with the next sets in the morning...

Bridge of Spies (2015)

I think this is a thoroughly entertaining and well made movie. The only problem is that I may never watch it again.

The Social Network (2010)

It feels like I should have it higher as much as I enjoy watching it.

Reps for Bridge of Spies. That movie proved Spielberg could do much more than just feel-good films. I haven't seen The Social Network, but I have a hunch I might like it.

Hobo with a Shotgun (2011)

What I liked about this is that they didn't hold back.

Safe House (2012)

You usually can't go wrong with Denzel, and I think this is a very underrated action film.

Hobo With A Shotgun The title sounds as crazy as Snakes on a Plane