Cricket's 60 favorite TV shows

Tools    

So I don't watch as much TV as I used to, and I haven't seen many of the classic shows, but I made a list back when we did the TV show countdown. I thought I may as well do my own countdown.*

I didn't include any cartoons because it's been so long, and I may not like them now. My favorites used to be Tom and Jerry, Woody Woodpecker, Underdog, Scooby Doo, The Flintstones, and The Jetsons. These days, I mostly watch those reality based crime shows that you find on Bravo and The Discovery Channel; shows like Homicide Hunter. I didn't include those because there's so many, and I don't even know the names of most of them.

This will be my top 60-

#60 Too Close for Comfort

I've always thought Ted Knight was a funny guy, but the focal point of this show for me was Lydia Cornell(bottom right). As a teenage boy, I had a serious crush on her. This show also had one of the most controversial episodes in sitcom history when their gay friend and neighbor got raped in the back of a van by a bunch of women. His trauma was my dream.

Yaay, a list by cricket! Looking forward to this, you have been very generous in my threads, I better repay you in here.

No really, I'm looking forward to your picks, though I'm not much of a TV guy but I'm trying to catch up. As for the first pick, I haven't seen it unfortunately.

A list by Cricket! nice
Not heard of Too Close for Comfort or Alice, but we all loved Starsky and Hutch, specially my two brothers when we were kids. I remember my mum got half way through knitting that Starsky cardie before realising my brother was never going to wear that outside the house

Cool thread idea! I don't have any type of TV/Cable so watching old TV shows on DVD is it for me and your list has already reminded me of a couple shows I had forgotten about but would love to see:

Alice and Too Close for Comfort

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
#59 Starsky and Hutch

A cool show for a boy. I loved the car and had the toy version.

I still watch "Starsky and Hutch" on DVD. It's a great show for everyone, not just boys, but it's a shame that the movie was so bad.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
#57 Green Acres

Green Acres is the place to be. Farm livin' is the life for me!

#55 The Beverly Hillbillies

Elly May

"Green Acres" and "The Beverly Hillbillies" both had great theme songs, but I don't really remember much about the actual shows.

What is this old school stuff you posting, cricket? What are you, like 60?

Just kidding dude, I love Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson in Starsky and Hutch! Okay okay I'm done.

but as I said TV shows was never my thing until I saw Dexter a few years back. After that I mostly followed the stream and went for big acclaimed shows like House of Cards, Breaking Bad etc. I'm currenty on season 3 of a show I know will pop up on this list... The Shield.