Midway (2019)

Tools    

Director: Roland Emmerich
Writer: Wes Tooke
Cast: Ed Skrein, Patrick Wilson, Luke Evans, Aaron Eckhart, Nick Jonas, Etsushi Toyokawa, Tadanobu Asano, Luke Kleintank, Jun Kunimura, Darren Criss, Keean Johnson, Alexander Ludwig, with Mandy Moore, Dennis Quaid and Woody Harrelson.

Trailer

A bucket of anxiety
It was an odd decision to get the director of Independence Day to do this. It's a historical event, not a James Bond parody. It's like Michael Bay doing a bit on Pearl Harbor...wait. :\

Michael Bay ha, I just watched the trailer for Midway and for Pearl Harbor, both looked similar. There's even this one shot in both movies of a bomb dropping on a ship's deck that were near identical. Bay's Pearl Harbor looked more Spielbergish and more soapy, while the Midway trailer looked like a video game with the fast cut war action scenes. I might watch Midway at some point, but don't have much hope for it.

A bucket of anxiety
Michael Bay ha, I just watched the trailer for Midway and for Pearl Harbor, both looked similar. There's even this one shot in both movies of a bomb dropping on a ship's deck that were near identical. Bay's Pearl Harbor looked more Spielbergish and more soapy, while the Midway trailer looked like a video game with the fast cut war action scenes. I might watch Midway at some point, but don't have much hope for it.
It looks the quality of a musician's bio flick but with explosions.