MoFo Fantasy Football 2019 - The Regular Season

Tools    

Hey, they played a game last night! Wow!

Regular season stuff goes in here.

I'll start: okay, so it looks like Antonio Brown is playing after all. Cool, that was scary. Still could be a mess of a season, though, but the wife encouraged me to go big on risk-reward picks (hence EE, during his holdout, in the four slot), so we'll see.

so it looks like Antonio Brown is playing after all.
Somehow this didn't age well, even though I posted it like two days ago.

So between baseball and football I'm basically getting nothing out of either of my second-round picks. Awesome sauce.

Well it's the Saturday before the real beginning of regular season, and you know what that means, the last day before we find out if we've really got a good team or not. Mostly we think we have a great team and some think we have a horrible team with no shot, but ya never know.

I remember a few years ago when we did 1 point per reception, I had this great wide receiving Corps, I thought. Steve Smith' for the Giants and some other guy I can't remember and they had put up ridiculous points the year before..... then they didn't do a dayum thing for the whole season. Hell I remember the first time I went to the mofo Championship Bowl I had Drew Brees Le'Veon Bell and Adrian Peterson when he played for the Vikings, and I still somehow managed lose that game, by less than 2 or 3 points, I think it was vs Fabulous's Empire.

I've shown my team to a bunch of people and they say I have a great team but my bench is real weak. It wouldn't surprise me at all if some of my bench players end up becoming my regulars. Going undefeated, yeah, that would surprise me.

Raiders just released AB. Wow. How much of a head case you gotta be to get released from the Raiders? Wow.

Given my team name, I probably should've drafted Antonio Brown since he's the ringleader of the biggest circus around right now, but since players don't get fantasy points for self-sabotaging their careers, I'm glad I stayed away from him.

I feel better about my team now than I did two weeks ago when we drafted. I blame mock drafts for making me too passive. I get used to players lasting until certain rounds in mocks, then watch them get selected 2-3 rounds earlier in the real draft. I had my eye on several RBs in the mid-to-late rounds, as I think there's an uncommon amount of value to be found at the position this year, but basically none of them fell to me.

Already I feel like I've caught a break with Derrius Guice being named the starter, though. Before that, I had Derrick Henry and a bunch of back-ups with upside. I don't expect much from Guice this week, and a bad Redskins offense will likely hinder his potential, but Jay Gruden's already talking about giving him as much work as he can handle, and there's even reports that Adrian Peterson will be a healthy scratch, so I feel better about my RB situation now than I did after the draft. It's still a weakness, though, so most likely I'll have to leverage Hopkins or Evans to get a top RB at some point. It was nice seeing Allen Robinson get off to a nice start on Thursday since I have that guy in both my leagues. 7 receptions, 100+ yards, double-digit targets . . . I'll take that in my flex every week. I had him in our league the year he went for 1400 yards, so I know his ceiling is high even with a below-average QB.

Excited for tomorrow. All the stuff we think we know will likely be turned upside down. And some dude nobody's heard of is going to go off on the waiver wire. Happens every year. Let the chaos and unpredictability begin!

Yeah, I had exactly one pick (other than Brown, which I still think was good value where he fell, and might still be if he signs somewhere quick) I was really iffy about and which I wish I'd gone another direction with. One of those "reach for a position, but I wish I'd gone for another position and gotten someone 80% as good in the first position) things. That almost definitely wouldn't have happened if I'd had time for even...lemme see...yeah, even one mock draft this year. Oh well.

Do you think they'll try playing AB tomorrow? Is he a quick study on playbooks? Funny how the first game he could play as a Pat is vs Pittsburgh.

Except for Delanie Walker (and somewhat the Ravens), my roster underperformed. Thankfully Mike's roster underperformed also. Our matchup will be determined tonight and it could go either way, I have Brees and the kicker for Houston, he has 10 points on me plus Emmanuel Sanders and the TE for Oakland.

A system of cells interlinked
I had a couple of guys under-perform pretty badly, but still posted a sturdy 144 points. I'll take it!

So I selected Chris Thompson with one of my last draft picks. Guice injures his knee in week one and is likely to miss significant time. Meanwhile, Thompson proves to be an underrated PPR option yet again, hauling in 7 passes for 68 yards. Too bad I dropped him for Gio Bernard . . . Oh, what's that? Joe Mixon injured his ankle yesterday? Well, Gio was a nice pick-up then . . . Too bad I dropped him for Frank Gore's decrepit ass after the Bills released McCoy.

I think I was a 30-point favorite after the first slate of games, but the 4:00 games weren't kind to me. Now I need Hopkins to have a Hopkins-like game and for the Broncos D to have a nice showing against the Raiders, which seems like a strong possibility. As long as Royce Freeman doesn't fall into the end-zone for my opponent, I like my chances to pull of the comeback.

Curious to see if Latavius Murray picks up Mark Ingram's touches tonight, which should make him a viable fantasy starter going forward, or if he barely sees the field. I desperately need someone to emerge for me as a RB2. I generally like my roster, but I hate having such a glaring hole in my starting line-up. At least Derrick Henry picked up where he left off last season.

So I selected Chris Thompson with one of my last draft picks. Guice injures his knee in week one and is likely to miss significant time. Meanwhile, Thompson proves to be an underrated PPR option yet again, hauling in 7 passes for 68 yards. Too bad I dropped him for Gio Bernard . . . Oh, what's that? Joe Mixon injured his ankle yesterday? Well, Gio was a nice pick-up then . . . Too bad I dropped him for Frank Gore's decrepit ass after the Bills released McCoy.
The first three weeks of every season are infuriating because I'm always aware of these possibilities and that means I churn through them and manage to guess wrong about which ones hit at a rate that seems, frankly, statistically implausible.

Don't worry, though, there's still time for both of us to overreact to all the week 1 stuff before half of it reverts by week 5 and standing pat after the first overreaction would've been fine in the long run.

Damn Hopkins killed me. Need Royce Freeman like I need air tonight....so I'll suffocate

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Pretty lackluster week for me, but my score is better than I was expecting, almost played Dak, but still would have lost.

Well, that was stressful. I expected much more from the Denver defense now that they have Vic Fangio, especially against a drama-filled Oakland Raiders team without many playmakers. I just knew Royce Freeman was about to score a goal-line TD near the end, but thankfully Flacco tried a QB sneak himself and then threw a pass to Sanders. Otherwise I would've lost, despite the monstrous performance from Hopkins earlier in the night.

Wasn't so lucky in my other league, where I also had the Denver D but was going up against Josh Jacobs. Lost by 4 points, despite being the third highest-scoring team this week.

For an auto-drafted team, you've got a pretty nice squad, @MovieBuffering.