The Cruelest and Saddest Deaths?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
In real life, not the movies... Robin Williams is the first one that comes to mind, although I'm sure that there are many.

Also, Pier Paolo Pasolini was murdered.

Roger Delgado's death fits the bill. The story I remember is that he was filming in Turkey and a car hadn't yet arrived to collect him. Because he didn't want to inconvenience the production by being late he took a taxi, and it went off the road into a ravine. Looking on Wikipedia I notice they're saying that two film technicians died alongside him – the first time I've read that.

Judith Barsi.

Best known as the voice of Ducky in The Land Before Time and as the voice of Anne-Marie in All Dogs Go to Heaven. She and her mother were murdered by her father, who then torched the house and shot himself. She was ten years old.

You beat me to it.

Anton Yelchin, who was crushed to death by his SUV.

Every time I watch an old movie I go to IMDB and read the movie's trivia and sometimes I read the bios on the stars. I swear I've read more tragedy in those actors bios than I care to know. I recently watched
Only the Valiant (1951) and was taken by the lead actress Barbara Payton

So I read about her:
One of the saddest tales ever to come out of Hollywood has to be that of Barbara Payton. A blue-eyed, peroxide blonde sexpot who had a lot going for her...following a quickie marriage at age 19, she decided to leave home for good to try to capitalize on her good looks in Tinseltown.

Caught up in the glitz and glamor, however, her career started taking second place to a reckless life full of capricious romances involving a number of top stars and producers, many of them married. One of her more famous trysts ended up making headlines for her, and none of them favorable. She was juggling two boyfriends at the same time, actor Franchot Tone and actor Tom Neal, and they fought almost to the death for Barbara's affections.

On September 13, 1951, the men engaged in a deadly brawl and when it was over, Tone was in the hospital with broken bones and a brain concussion. Barbara ended up with both a black eye and a tarnished reputation. She married Tone after he recovered, but left him after only seven weeks and returned to the violence-prone Neal. That abusive relationship lasted four years, though they never married. During that time Barbara's career had plummeted to the point where she was making such dismal features as Bride of the Gorilla (1951).

She went to England to try to rejuvenate her career, but no dice; it was over and her life was skidding out of control. Her once beautiful face now blotchy and her once spectacular figure now bloated, Barbara sank deeper into the bottle. From 1955 to 1963 there were various brushes with the law - among them passing bad checks, public drunkenness and, ultimately, prostitution.

She was forced to sleep on bus benches, was beaten and bruised by her tricks, and lost teeth in the process. In 1967, after failed efforts to curb her drinking, she finally moved in with her parents in San Diego to try to dry out. It was too late. On May 8, 1967, the 39-year-old former starlet was found on the bathroom floor - dead of heart and liver failure..

Divya Bharti, aged 19, established as a top actress, in demand, loved and with the entire country at her feet - comes home one day after a shoot. Sits on window frame of her apartment that's on the sixth floor to relax. While getting up, slips and falls down to her death.

A bucket of anxiety
Do you mean the radio DJ celebrity, or someone else that I'm not familiar with. What happened to him?
The DJ celebrity. A few years ago, I saw a documentary about how he was stolen from the hospital by his girlfriend or wife, one of the two. She drove him around in a van and gave him nightmarish medical treatments. Like, they put Ensure in his feeding tube and gave him a deadly infection on top of poor condition he was already in from being sick. I can't quite remember everything but it was horrific. :'(

The DJ celebrity. A few years ago, I saw a documentary about how he was stolen from the hospital by his girlfriend or wife, one of the two. She drove him around in a van and gave him nightmarish medical treatments. Like, they put Ensure in his feeding tube and gave him a deadly infection on top of poor condition he was already in from being sick. I can't quite remember everything but it was horrific. :'(
Oh crap! That sounds bad, he seemed like a nice guy too.