Great Movies DESPITE Bad Acting?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
There are a lot of comedies that could fall under this category as they don't necessarily require good acting, but rather... comedic acting and timing.

Comedies often involve unrealistic situations and unrealistic reactions to situations to make them funny - thus people aren't acting like they would in real life, but are behaving in a way that is the opposite of realistic or in a way that is ironic to make it funny.

Now, it could be argued that to act funny and BE funny is a form of "good acting." And I would agree - good actors can usually be funny when needed and good comedians sometimes make decent actors since the art of telling funny stories & jokes is a skill related to acting - one must be able to engage an audience.

But I do contend that a lot of comedies don't require the traditional idea of good acting (behaving realistically, convincingly, passionately or dramatically) to still be funny.
Are any of them great movies though?

Make a better place
The Matrix (first one, because 2 & 3 were horrible IMO)

The lead actor was just terrible (at the time)

PS I think that with age and experience Keanu gradually became a good actor

Are any of them great movies though?
Sure... within their genre anyway.

Marx brothers movies come to mind - the brothers are basically the same characters from movie to movie and the supporting cast's acting is almost intentionally stiff (so as to be the straight men the brothers play off of). Yet, a lot of people like the movies. Are they "great"? For the people who like them I guess they are.

This is the first movie that popped into my head when I saw the title of this thread:

Very strange plot! Birds constantly attack people for no apparent reason. And then another house was captured.

The Matrix (first one, because 2 & 3 were horrible IMO)

The lead actor was just terrible (at the time)

PS I think that with age and experience Keanu gradually became a good actor
I don't think it was much of a problem in the original though as he was playing the fish out of water character, the sequels on the other hand demanded more of him.

He's definitely developed more charisma with age though.