Black Christmas (2019)

Tools    

Apparently:

But the killer is about to discover that this generation’s young women aren’t willing to become hapless victims as they mount a fight to the finish.
Funny, horror films have always had strong 'final' girls in their films. Will wait and see, can't be as rubbish as the first remake...

Original is creeeeppppyyyy.

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, but there's a smaller percentage of films that have a significant ensemble of multiple strong women so that sounds like it could be a worthwhile variation. I know that the original was pretty solid as far as slashers go and it more than holds up (wonder how they'll treat the whole abortion sub-plot, for example) so I'll be interested in checking this out.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I only saw the remake before and not the original. I thought it was terrible, in the mistake that the coroner makes, and no coroner would ever make that mistake twice, but I won't give it away. It probable doesn't happen in the original I'm guessing.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I only saw the remake before and not the original. I thought it was terrible, in the mistake that the coroner makes, and no coroner would ever make that mistake twice, but I won't give it away. It probable doesn't happen in the original I'm guessing.
The two are very different. The only thing they seem to have in common is that someone is killing girls around Christmas at a sorority house.

The entire backstory of the killer was made up for the remake.

I'm harming nobody, just robbing a few graves.
Can't we just leave Black Christmas alone? They should've learned from the last time, there's nothing interesting you can do with the movie, they're most likely just going to do the exact same movie again. I get doing remakes of Child's Play and Halloween, but Black Christmas? Who's really asking for this? It just seems odd...

The truth is in here
Yeah, no. I don't give a shít about this. I'm really getting sick of these meaningless horror remakes of movies which have aged so well they still are creepy to this day. And Black Christmas is not only one of the top-tier examples in the slasher genre, it's also one of the few Christmas themed horror movies that's not goofy and actually manages to scare you a little.

Casting Cary Elwes comes off as a cheap ploy to lure fans of the Saw franchise to come see it. He's a good actor, but I'm not tricked that easily.

Looks awesome!
But something tells me that it will not be very cool. Not cooler than "Last Christmas".

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Why do they always remake old classics with mediocre actors? You can't beat the 1974 version starring Olivia Hussey and Margot Kidder.

I don't know why they still trying to remake movies, they don't really have new ideas for other kind of movies? I hope will not be a dissapointment, but as shown in the trailer, it really is already for me.