What do u think about "minority report" and does it hold up well now?

Tools    

I think this was a good effort from steven spielberg, tom cruise is at his best here, the story and the deep plot left me enjoying this movie a lot, max von sydow portrays what a mastermi d villain is and should be with his great portrayal of a killer hiding behind his high rank position in the force.
To add to that The plot is intelligent and fresh. People saying it is not original must have slept through the movie.Colin Farrell is amazing, as well as Samantha Morton. Spielberg again proves that he is the master of cinema. A truly great director. I'll agree, the ending was a little thin, but not worth complaining about, it had to end like that i believe.
Some aspecrs give the style of black & white film noirs, althougg i didnt like the film grain washed out look i found a bit annoying for my taste.
I want to add that Steven Spielberg is one of the few directors around today who can still manipulate an audience in one sense while dazzling and daring that same audience with storytelling and how film evolves through one of his great skills is how he gives u the grandeur of the plot while managing to keep u in it.
The scene that keeps getting to me is the one at the end of the film with how the killer is revealed this one was a masterclass of how to show us the ruthlesness present here.
Have your say and what do u think of how it holds up and how do u like the film?

I have to return some videotapes...
I like the film a lot and I think it's a good thriller by Spielberg, but I remember thinking it was way too long and the ending was just kind of convoluted. I enjoyed Cruise in this film tho and I would probably put it in my top 10 of his films and maybe even Spielberg's as well.

I think this was a good effort from steven spielberg, tom cruise is at his best here, the story and the deep plot left me enjoying this movie a lot, max von sydow portrays what a mastermi d villain is and should be with his great portrayal of a killer hiding behind his high rank position in the force.
To add to that The plot is intelligent and fresh. People saying it is not original must have slept through the movie.Colin Farrell is amazing, as well as Samantha Morton. Spielberg again proves that he is the master of cinema. A truly great director. I'll agree, the ending was a little thin, but not worth complaining about, it had to end like that i believe.
Some aspecrs give the style of black & white film noirs, althougg i didnt like the film grain washed out look i found a bit annoying for my taste.
I want to add that Steven Spielberg is one of the few directors around today who can still manipulate an audience in one sense while dazzling and daring that same audience with storytelling and how film evolves through one of his great skills is how he gives u the grandeur of the plot while managing to keep u in it.
The scene that keeps getting to me is the one at the end of the film with how the killer is revealed this one was a masterclass of how to show us the ruthlesness present here.
Have your say and what do u think of how it holds up and how do u like the film?
Was the look of the film not due to a "bleach bypass" process? I remember something about that at the time.

I haven't seen it for many years and I'd totally forgotten Colin Farrell was in it. I agree it had something and I do remember Samantha Morton and Max von Sydow being particularly good. Actually the best thing I've seen Morton in is The Daisy Chain, although in the early part of her career Band of Gold was a real highlight too.

War of the Worlds sticks out more in my memory, particularly the notion of Cruise's character being covered in the ashes of people being killed around him as the Martians opened fire (an obvious and devastating parallel much like the shower scene in Blade).

I actually rewatched this recently. The last time I had seen this was when I was twelve. At the time I didn't much get it, but I loved the atmosphere and world building. After watching it recently I definitely enjoyed it more. I agree the convoluted ending kind of fits. The Movie asks a question that's pretty hard to answer, and even at the end I still wasn't to sure if I agreed with the purpose of the precog program or not. I think it's a question that even by the end of the film Spielberg was probably still mulling over in his mind.

Philip K. Dick rules - some film versions are better or worse - but in general his stories are so innovative that you can't help but love the films made of his novels and short stories, (sci-fi being one of the most forgiving genres, which explains the huge followings some outrageously bad films and series have). Same is true for Minority Report - could it be better, of course - but who cares it's Philip K. Dick.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I think it's pretty good, and I think it's one of Spielberg's best movies for sure. I agree that it's definitely better now that I am older compared to on first viewing. I've seen three adapations of Philip K. Dick, with the other two being Blade Runner and Total Recall, and I think this is probably the best movie adapation.

However, one thing that I keep thinking about:

WARNING: "SPOILER" spoilers below
Why did Anderton go to the scene of where the murder was suppose to happen at the exact time? Wouldn't this be a red flag into prosecuting him, if he did this? Why not just stay in hiding until after the time of the murder had passed.
Then he wouldn't have been at the scene, and he wouldn't have been in any legal trouble anymore. So why didn't he just do that?

Still, good move though, for sure.

I think it's pretty good, and I think it's one of Spielberg's best movies for sure. I agree that it's definitely better now that I am older compared to on first viewing. I've seen three adapations of Philip K. Dick, with the other two being Blade Runner and Total Recall, and I think this is probably the best movie adapation.

However, one thing that I keep thinking about:

WARNING: "SPOILER" spoilers below
Why did Anderton go to the scene of where the murder was suppose to happen at the exact time? Wouldn't this be a red flag into prosecuting him, if he did this? Why not just stay in hiding until after the time of the murder had passed.
Then he wouldn't have been at the scene, and he wouldn't have been in any legal trouble anymore. So why didn't he just do that?

Still, good move though, for sure.
Blade runner is clearly better i didnt like the three people in the bath( forgot how they were named) because that leave so many plot holes i mean killing ourselves is considered a murder but in the movie it is not and cops shooting at people should also be counted but it seems like it is not and the worse is the vision of tom cruise killing someone. I would simply tie myself in a room for 2 days and nothing woild have happen. Also, we know since the begging who is the bad guy so i found the movie great but surely not spielberg best and blade runner is far better

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
PRE-COGS!!!!

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Hm.
I guess I want to chime in a bit on that to reply. Please know I'm not disagreeing on whether you should like it or whatever. I just want to point out that while you and I might have handled that differently (laying low until after the date so nothing happens then proving myself innocent), I don't think Cruise's character would be capable of doing that. Not especially after clues are laid out for him regarding his son. I think the writing shows enough of the guilt he carries and, as a result, the likely motivation to resolve this mystery for himself. So, within the constraints of this movie, I think that works. I wouldn't do it, of course. Not my kid

This also assumes that laying low and not committing the crime is a way out. Seems they're just catching people and putting them into deep sleep without any actual crime being committed. It's established that this society has absolute faith in the pre-cogs' abilities, to a point where the vision alone is enough for capture and sentencing. That being the case, it may not even matter if the character just runs out the clock. That the vision existed to begin with might still have been enough to put him down. Tricky stuff.

But ya. What happens to their house of cards when one or more of the pre-cogs die?

Loved the movie though. Felt it was a bit drawn out at times but better than I expected on release.