Good Actors/Actresses Bad Choices

Tools    

Any actors/actresses out there that you can think of that have potential, but have been trapped into bad script choices or type casting lately.

I had some female actresses in mind but Im drawing a blank now. It will come to me. Here are a couple of male actors:

Ving Rhames (Piranha 3D?)

Josh Duhamel (How many romantic comedies can he do? Ive seen a few episodes of "Las Vegas"...he seems like a pretty decent actor)

It seems like these guys could possibly replace some of those so-called leading actors who have been shitting the bed lately....cinematically speaking of course.

Someone I've always thought was better than the work he's offered (until lately) is Jeff Daniels.

I agree, there are tons more whom I always remember while watching a movie they're in. I think, man this guy/girl is great, he/she needs better movies.

They're actors, so they gotta work. They can't wait 10 years for a great role. If all they're offered are poor scripts, they have to take what's offered them.

Here's a funny interview from Bill Murray. Which I think is tonque in cheek, but he agreed to do the movie Garfield, cuz he thought he was going to be working with the Coen Brothers.

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/cele...n-gq-interview

I think Oceans 13 is a bad choice for everyone... And Oceans 12.... Hell, Oceans 11 wasn't exactly good. But they make huge amounts of money and allow the Soderberg gang to make the films they all 'really' want to make, so they do them.

@ Ludinator, how can you say, Mr & Mrs Smith was a bad choice for Brad Pitt? For one! He met his wife, and two, it wasn't a bad movie I thought for those action slapstick Movies. And the fight/make out scene had me all excited! I could candle Mrs Pitt slapping me around...how bout you?

They're actors, so they gotta work. They can't wait 10 years for a great role. If all they're offered are poor scripts, they have to take what's offered them.
True. Although 10 years might be an exaggeration. And I understand that a lot of them have their particular demographic to keep happy and make a little cheese but if an actor is good, they should be getting/holding-out-for good scripts. Good actors shouldnt take on a long list of subpar roles. These roles are likely to decrease their chances of creating bigger and better opportunities in the future. For instance, Dicaprio or Gordon-Levitt are good examples of actors who have held out for good roles and are now enjoying the benefits.

That's all well and good, BL, but what makes you think that good actors are going to get chosen over bankable actors? Obviously, it does happen but, even when it does, it's not unusual to find that more bankable stars have already turned down the role.

I've always thought Matthew McConaughey was a decent actor... but he's been in one stinker after another... particularly Ghosts of Girlfriends Past.. right along with Michael Douglas... what were they thinking...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Meryl Streep in She-Devil

Paul told people not to see this movie.
But it has him in it and he was pretty