Conan

Tools    

There's no use dueling over this. I think he's hysterical. Blue_Lou thinks he's hysterical. Obviously will doesn't, but you're not going to "prove" it. Thank goodness for other channels.

Also, I don't know that any example clips would have to have him in it; he got his start as a comedy writer, and I'm sure he has a major hand in most of this stuff (though perhaps not the Triumph stuff). He's written for Saturday Night Live and The Simpsons (he wrote the now famous "Marge vs. the Monorail"), two of the most seminal modern comedic institutions in the country. Unfunny people don't get to work at either of these shows, let alone both.

So yeah, the guy's been dubbed seriously funny as determined by the most important and experienced people who make those sorts of determinations. If you don't like him anyway, what's there to say? No matter how funny or widely hailed someone or something is, someone always hates it.

Semper Fooey
You may think he is hysterical, but he is a ratings dissapointment on cable. They are paying ten miliion dollars a year for these kind of ratings?:

(Newser) – George Lopez's late-night talk show got booted to midnight to make room for Conan O'Brien. Sacrifices have to be made in the quest for fortune, right? Eh, maybe. Turns out Conan is barely more popular than Lopez Tonight was. The redhead's TBS show officially turned one this week, and the first-year stats are nothing to write home about. Yahoo reports that he averaged 952,000 viewers a night, to Lopez's 911,000, per Nielsen. That's a serious drop from Conan's 4 million-viewer debut.
Combine slightly more viewers with the higher ad rates TBS was likely able to charge with Conan at the helm of the 11pm hour, and how does the network come out? Not on top, predicts the VP of research at Horizon Media. "Whatever ad-rate increase they got from marketers has to be offset by the cash TBS ponied up for O'Brien," which is rumored to be somewhere between $10 million and $15 million a year. "The question you have to ask is, 'What was the more financially prudent: Lopez or O'Brien?' I would vote for Lopez—but hindsight is 20/20."

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
It's called get rid of that anchor around your neck called Andy Richter, I can't stand that guy. I am sure there was a good reason he was off the NBC show after a short while.

Couldn't really care much less as long as he stays on the air, which he probably will.

People can think whatever they want. I think the idea that someone could write successsfully for SNL and The Simpsons without being funny is pretty much crazy talk, but my enjoyment of the program isn't really affected either way, so rock on, I guess.

Before the show launched they emphasized that they'd be focusing more on cultivating loyalty from diehard fans, and that's pretty much what they've done. Whether or not it'll end up being a good idea in a business sense, I don't know.

It's called get rid of that anchor around your neck called Andy Richter, I can't stand that guy. I am sure there was a good reason he was off the NBC show after a short while.
He left to pursue other things, and did some good work elsewhere, though nothing that caught on.

Having seen him in pretty much all of his incarnations, I'm pretty sure he's not the problem. I remember loving his presence on the old show. But they're not using him right on TBS, for whatever reason. He's too ancillary; in the old late night days, they had a better rapport and he was more integral.