Conan

Tools    

Who else is super pumped that he is finally back after tonight!? Can't wait to see what Jack White is going to play too. I hope Ferrell and/or Norm stop by tonight or this week. Finally have a reason to watch late night tv again, I'd only stop in to watch Fallon or Lettermen if they had really good guests and I completely boycotted watching Leno.

here are some of my favorite promos for the new show

&sns=fb

Semper Fooey
That car promo is pretty lame, stealing stuff from Super Dave who did it funnier.

If Conan does real well, maybe CBS will hire him after Dave Letterman has another heart attack.

What happened to Letterman? Twenty years ago he was funny.

Conan was a good Simpsons writer.

I like all the promos just fine, but they're not all supposed to be hysterical; some are just supposed to be ridiculous and get your attention. They're promos, after all, not full comedy bits.

Anyway, they could advertise it with a piece of cardboard and a Sharpie marker for all I care; I've been counting the days. Hard to imagine I won't watch almost every night, assuming Conan is anything like himself at all. I liked both his stints and I fully expect to like this, though I might not watch the guest interviews night in and night out.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
It wasn't bad last night. Seth Rogen just seemed like he was being interrogated for a crime. Then again, I have little tolerance for Seth Rogen.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Yeah it was a decent opening show I thought. Conan seemed kinda nervous during his monologue, moving around and pacing a lot more than he usually does but that's understandable. The part where there was a noise backstage during the interview with the chick from Glee was pretty funny.

The song he played with Jack White was definitely the highlight for me.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
The opening monologue was pretty funny. I thought he tapped into Lettermen mode with the cracks at the expense of TBS rather well.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
a lot of people are complaining that the show was underwhelming. What the hell did they expect? They think it was going to be a different format?

I dug it and am glad Conan is back.

I can't stand Leno, he's not funny.

Letterman's comedy is getting old and tiresome.

Fallon has weak monologue, but great sketches.

Ferguson has a good monologue.

Kimmel is the one host that I think actually has vested interest in his guests. Leno and Letterman simply have them sit there and plug their crap.

Suspect's Reviews

Semper Fooey
Kimmel should fire his Uncle Frank. I stopped watching because of that annoying dumb old fart.

Conan is decent. He's not in the same league as Letterman and Leno, though.

Letterman is my current favorite.

Conan's opener for his "legally prohibited from being funny tour" has been on his new show twice and has blown me away every time. It's some crazy creative satire of hip hop, soul, boogie woogie and comedy. pure entertainment

Reggie Watts Conan Appearance #1

I think Watts has been on three times, actually. I wasn't sure what to make of him at first, but he's starting to grow on me. I read that what he does is mostly improv, too, which is intriguing.

Weird, wild stuff.

Semper Fooey
Proof Conan isn't all that funny. Contrast this with...

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Am I the only person who thinks that the car promo is really sexy?

I think his Late Night show was his best. He's funny on the TBS show but I think he could probably use some better writers.

One of my favorites from the old show:

Semper Fooey
If you want to demonstrate Conan himself is funny, you have to show a clip with Conan in it.