Blood Meridian-James Franco?

Tools    

Anyone know anymore detail about this? Ridley Scott turned it down because he believed he wouldn't be able to do it justice. James Franco?

King of Couch Potatoes
What kind of details are you looking for? Are you talking about details of the movie or what it is? Or more details on whether or not Franco is actually involved?

I was wondering if anyone could verify that this is definitely going to be made and that Franco will be the director. What kind of cast are we talking about? That article mentioned Luke Perry. WTF? This is a very difficult story to bring to the screen and I would hate to see it butchered by a novice director.

King of Couch Potatoes
Well there's not much on that one but last I heard, if it does happen, James Franco apparently does have the job. He got it after doing a test shoot that really impressed Scott Rudin (the guy that owns the rights).

If it happens, talks are that it would start shooting in 2012. The Luke Perry thing, I don't think that was a cast confirmation. Though I guess it could be possible. He was one of the people in the test shoot that was done to show to Rudin. So it's possible some (or all) of those same people come back for the actual film.

And I'm not sure I'd worry too much. Franco is a talented guy and one that has a very deep passion for movies and literature alike. I don't think he'd do it if he couldn't do it properly. He did seem to impress Rudin who was hesitant for those very same reasons: that it would be hard to adapt.