Sean Connery: Best movies

Tools    

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Apologies if there's a similar thread, I did use the search function.......

I recently watched Alfred Hitchcock's Marnie which stars Connery. I really liked the movie and Connery performance, which admittedly wasn't too different from his Bond type proper gentlemen minus the gun fights.

What are some of your favourite Connery films? Did he break the Bond mold or are the Bond films his best films? Any underrated films or performances?

Obviously I've mentioned Marnie, Goldfinger I love, The hunt for Red October I liked but it's been years, The last Crusade is a great film. He has quite a bit of charasima and I wouldn't mind visiting or revisiting some of his works.

This might just do nobody any good.
The Untouchables has been a favorite of mine since I was a kid. Connery is so badass in it. It's De Palma's Star Wars and Sir Sean is its "no-s**t" Obi-Wan.

I got some catching up to do with his 70s output. The Man Who Would Be King and Robin and Mariam have been, in particular, praised by people who's opinions I put a lot of trust on.

I'm looking around for The Offence with Trevor Howard and The Great Train Robbery.

I, apparently unpopularly, don't care much more Last Crusade (or any Indiana Jones movies that isn't Raiders). Sean is good in it, though.

I've always been surprised by his willingness to be goofy.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
The Untouchables has been a favorite of mine since I was a kid. Connery is so badass in it. It's De Palma's Star Wars and Sir Sean is its "no-s**t" Obi-Wan.

I got some catching up to do with his 70s output. The Man Who Would Be King and Robin and Mariam have been, in particular, praised by people who's opinions I put a lot of trust on.

I'm looking around for The Offence with Trevor Howard and The Great Train Robbery.

I, apparently unpopularly, don't care much more Last Crusade (or any Indiana Jones movies that isn't Raiders). Sean is good in it, though.

I've always been surprised by his willingness to be goofy.
Yea I need to catch up on his stuff post Bond and pre Old man Connery. Yea he's good in the Untouchables, the best character, takes over the screen, well him and De Niro. Havnt seen the others you mentioned but prob will and soon. Connery marathon time lol.

Outside of Bond, the ones I like enough to own on Blu-ray are (there are several I haven't seen)

Marnie
Outland
Highlander
The Untouchables
The Last Crusade
Entrapment

i like him a lot in:
the rock
goldfinger
the hunt for red october

Must be doin sumthin right
The Man Who Would Be King is easily my favorite of his. The definitive "buddy movie." It has a very high film industry mystique quality to it that gets more pronounced the further we get away from 70s Michael Caine/70s Connery/70s John Huston

Apologies if there's a similar thread, I did use the search function.......

I recently watched Alfred Hitchcock's Marnie which stars Connery. I really liked the movie and Connery performance, which admittedly wasn't too different from his Bond type proper gentlemen minus the gun fights.

What are some of your favourite Connery films? Did he break the Bond mold or are the Bond films his best films? Any underrated films or performances?

Obviously I've mentioned Marnie, Goldfinger I love, The hunt for Red October I liked but it's been years, The last Crusade is a great film. He has quite a bit of charasima and I wouldn't mind visiting or revisiting some of his works.
For me it's Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. I can still remember the laugh he got in the cinema with "I should have mailed it to the Marx Brothers" and it was so different for not being an action role and being full of comedy.

All his James Bond movies +
The Hunt for Red October
The Rock
The Untouchables
The Name of the Rose

He sheds a tear in "Outland". The only film I've seen him crying, a very emotional scene at the end.

Robin and Marion was a pleasant surprise

He's supposed to be brilliant in "The Offence."

Outland is one of my faves. I also liked Never Say Never Again and would like to revisit The Name of the Rose.
a major yes and commendation to you, forgot about that film, very underrated scifi thriller from 1981 and he s great in it

I don't actually wear pants.
Hunt for Red October is one of my favorite films ever. He's awesome in it.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is one of the best sequels ever (though I prefer Raiders of the Lost Ark).

I never got into James Bond.

“Hell will hold no surprises for you.”
My top 10 fave Sean Connery films:

1. From Russia with Love
2. The Rock
3. Goldfinger
4. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
5. The Untouchables
6. Dr. No
7. Thunderball
8. Highlander
9. Diamonds Are Forever