What Songs Have Been Overplayed For You?

Tools    

So I have been obsessed with how I keep hearing certain songs way too many times than I want to. I would like to survey some users on when it happened to them.

Here are some of my examples:

Can't Stop Believing by Journey - An obvious choice; I kind of liked it when I first heard it, but man has that song been overplayed on the radio and everywhere. I like Journey quite a bit, but I am frustrated with everyone playing this song.

Living On A Prayer by Bon Jovi - This song was never good to begin with, but people seem to insist on playing this one song. If this song was wiped out of existence, I would not really care.

More Than A Feeling by Boston - A pretty good song actually, but man has it been engraved in my head. I like Foreplay/Long Time better.

Cold Heart by Elton John and Dua Lipa - This song was awful in my book. It was just a bad song that Elton made so he could make a quick buck and be modern with the folks. It was already overplayed the second time I heard it. Even the first time.

Crocodile Rock by Elton John - This song drives me crazy every time I hear it now. It is still a good song though.

Interstate Love Song by Stone Temple Pilots and Under the Bridge by RHCP - Were cool the first time I heard them, but got dry with 50 subsequent listens on 90s radio stations.

Any hit by Def Leppard - I am sure they have something in stock, but the hits by them really annoy me when they come on the radio.

Lady Fantasy by Camel - Actually one of my favorite songs; Nobody here really knows this band or this song. I overplayed it because I was blown away by it the first time I heard it, and a month later I heard it again with the same effect, and then started playing it over and over and over again. As punishment, the entire 12 minutes and every last note(same for the rest of the album it was on) are now engraved in my head. Ironically the album it was on was designed like a cigarette box.

So what songs have been overplayed over your life?

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I agree with your songs, although I never liked it the first time I heard them - the songs I know anyway (pre-80s).

I actually know Camel very well and like 37 songs. Just listened to "Another Night" a few nights ago, but they're one band I liked, but never loved. I feel they have dozens of decent songs, nothing great, and after a while, I never sought them out. Barclay James Harvest is another. I do love a few Sopwith Camel songs, though.

"Radar Love" is one song I kept hearing on the radio. Then again, they know you are less likely to change the station if you know the song, which is why they play the same stuff over and over. I haven't listened to the radio in years though.

Please don't kill me, the "Beatles" for sure. Let me explain...

I just happened to be a first grader when the Saturday morning Beatles cartoon debuted. Then boom, they have been crammed down my throat ever since. Couple that with having two older sisters who were obsessed. When I became a teen, I very much enjoyed their individual directions. I actually love Wings over the Beatles.

Even today, I hear a Beatles tune, usually change the venue.

I hear all of these every time I'm in a drug or grocery store. I wouldn't mind if I never heard any of them ever again.

Blues Traveler - Runaround and Hook
Coldplay - Clocks
Dire Straits - Walk of Life
Sheryl Crow - All I Wanna Do, Every Day is a Winding Road and Soak Up the Sun
Steve Winwood - Roll With it Baby and Higher Love

I hear all of these every time I'm in a drug or grocery store. I wouldn't mind if I never heard any of them ever again.

Coldplay - Clocks

I love all five of these artists...

I love all five of these artists...
I like some Coldplay and Dire Straits songs. Still, hearing them many times a week will really test how much you like them!

Another offender is Counting Crows' Hanginaround. Just leave already!

At Christmas: Simply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time by Paul McCartney.
It almost seems like some radio stations would play this more frequently than their own station identification.

At Christmas: Simply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time by Paul McCartney.
It almost seems like some radio stations would play this more frequently than their own station identification.
At Christmas: All I Want For Christmas is You by Mariah Carey.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
I feel the word "Overplayed" is used here in negative meaning. I understand what it is about.

That's why, I clarify that the examples I list below have been heavily rotated everywhere around for decades - radio stations, night and day bars, etc. but these are great songs and I still love them and I even still play them on my players from time to time.

Slade - My Oh My
Frankie Miller - Jealousy
Foreigner - Urgent

Dire Straits - Money for Nothing
Tina Turner - The Best

Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna Take It
Judas Priest - Breaking the Law
Rainbow - Can't Let You Go

Bon Jovi, Scorpions and Queen are also here but they have many tunes in this group.

Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On
Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You
Faith No More - Easy
Queen - We Are The Champions / We Will Rock You
Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under the Bridge
Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
Oasis - Wonderwall
Bryan Adams - (Everything I Do) I Do It For You

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”

Coldplay - Clocks
But we can never get enough of Valerie!

Valerie! Val-la-ree! *keys*

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On
Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You
Faith No More - Easy
Queen - We Are The Champions / We Will Rock You
Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under the Bridge
Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
Oasis - Wonderwall
Bryan Adams - (Everything I Do) I Do It For You
Yes, all these are absolutely valid for here too, without exceptions.