Best Dr. Who Episode

Tools    

What is your favorite Dr. Who episode and why? I want to watch it.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
S3e9: The Family of Blood, probably.

I think this was my first Dr. Who watching since I was a kid. I was visiting mom for Christmas and she had BBC America that was airing a Dr. Who marathon. I had no idea who characters were so it helped that the plot didn't really require history of the show. In that ignorance, much of my perspective paralleled the Dr.'s through most of the story.

I remember being emotionally affected by how intense and vengeful the Dr.'s response was in the end, the heartbreak he endured being made aware of what was happening to him, and the significance of the watch to the boy's future. I also loved the character, Son of Mine. Flairing nostrils and ego.

I was immediately hooked. Unfortunately at the time, I could only get my fix through holiday marathons which partly justified my reasons for visiting mom on following Christmas holidays.

What is your favorite Dr. Who episode and why? I want to watch it.
The Happiness Patrol

S3e9: The Family of Blood, probably.

I think this was my first Dr. Who watching since I was a kid. I was visiting mom for Christmas and she had BBC America that was airing a Dr. Who marathon. I had no idea who characters were so it helped that the plot didn't really require history of the show. In that ignorance, much of my perspective paralleled the Dr.'s through most of the story.

I remember being emotionally affected by how intense and vengeful the Dr.'s response was in the end, the heartbreak he endured being made aware of what was happening to him, and the significance of the watch to the boy's future. I also loved the character, Son of Mine. Flairing nostrils and ego.

I was immediately hooked. Unfortunately at the time, I could only get my fix through holiday marathons which partly justified my reasons for visiting mom on following Christmas holidays.

I haven't watched many episodes that far back, so I will have to check this one out. I remember my first episode was "The Sontaran Experiment" (Season 12 episode 3) and I watched it as a kid in a motel while we were traveling.

I haven't watched many episodes that far back, so I will have to check this one out. I remember my first episode was "The Sontaran Experiment" (Season 12 episode 3) and I watched it as a kid in a motel while we were traveling.
One of my best friend's favourites – he loved the setting amongst all the rocks. Notable because of the extra stunt requirements due to Tom Baker breaking his clavicle on location.

Well, S3 since the reboot. I watched that one maybe 8-10 years ago. So for sure not the original season 3

Blink and Heaven Sent

I also love the First Doctor story The Romans
I saw most of Heaven Sent when it was on and it was certainly a bold idea with some clever planning.

I would say Blink is my favourite new series episode (that I saw before packing in). The Girl in the Fireplace was a big favourite as well.

The Romans is a good laugh . In the halcyon days of video releases (and hazier picture, pre-VidFIRE) it was packaged with The Rescue, the story immediately before it. That's another of my favourite Hartnells, along with The Aztecs.

Of the newer episodes I really enjoyed "Love and Monsters," the David Tennant episode featuring the Abzorbaloff. It's quite a change of pace for the series and a lot of fun.

Of the newer episodes I really enjoyed "Love and Monsters," the David Tennant episode featuring the Abzorbaloff. It's quite a change of pace for the series and a lot of fun.
The only thing I thought was a shame about that was that the kid who won the competition to design a monster got a bit cheated. It was supposed to be a large rampaging monster that absorbed people as it moved along. Instead Russell T Davies made it into a character.

Peter Kay was very funny in the role though. I like the behind-the-scenes clip where he's there dressed as the Abzorbaloff and says to camera "It's been fantastic. Absolutely fantastic – and tomorrow, I get my monster costume".

I didn't know the background of that episode until I looked up its title on the Internet. It would be pretty cool to have a creature you created appear on "Doctor Who" even if the show's creators did tinker with it.

I didn't know the background of that episode until I looked up its title on the Internet. It would be pretty cool to have a creature you created appear on "Doctor Who" even if the show's creators did tinker with it.
A "design a monster" competition also happened in the Sixties, via Blue Peter. The winning design, a robot, was made in three dimensions but unlike the new series competition it didn't appear in Doctor Who itself .

"Genesis of the Daleks" with my favorite Doctor, Tom Baker. It also was my first episode.

Definitely one of my favorites as well!

One of my best friend's favourites – he loved the setting amongst all the rocks. Notable because of the extra stunt requirements due to Tom Baker breaking his clavicle on location.

Wow, I knew nothing about that. Good trivia!

Well, S3 since the reboot. I watched that one maybe 8-10 years ago. So for sure not the original season 3
Ah, the one with David Tennant. Yeah he is my 2nd favorite Doctor!

Blink and Heaven Sent

I also love the First Doctor story The Romans

Blink is just a well crafted and excellent episode. One of the best. It's funny, too, because the Doctor is not really in the episode that much. I'll have to check out the other episodes you mentioned.

Blink is my default to push people into Dr. Who, if they've never seen one.
For me the Weeping Angels lost a bit of their lustre over time. I actually prefer the Boneless now, so I'd be recommending Flatline .

Blink is my default to push people into Dr. Who, if they've never seen one.
For me the Weeping Angels lost a bit of their lustre over time. I actually prefer the Boneless now, so I'd be recommending Flatline .
Will check it out. Been a while since I've seen an episode. Are they the ones no one remembers seeing so they use markers to draw lines on their arms to keep count?