McCutchen
31.91%
15 votes
Hugo Baskerville
6.38%
3 votes
Backup
47 votes. You may not vote on this poll

So, here are some of the names we're considering. Vote. Pictures from another thread included for reference:

I absolutely do not promise to pick whatever wins.

Elaboration on each:

Ike
Full name would be "Dwight D. Eisenhower, Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces." Obviously. Bonus reason: my family already has dogs named Major and Colonel.

Tuco
A reference to Eli Wallach's character in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Bonus reason: it's movie-related. Leaves open the possibility of naming future dogs "Blondie" or "Angel Eyes."

McCutchen
A reference to Andrew McCutchen, star outfielder for the Pittsburgh Pirates. Would probably be called "Cutch."

Hugo Baskerville
A reference to The Hound of the Baskervilles. Would be called "Hugo." Bonus reasons: wife loves Sherlock stories, the name is dog-related, and one of the other characters in the story is named Charlie, which was the dog's shelter name.

Backup
A reference to Veronica Mars. Her dad tells her to "take Backup" on a stakeout, and it turns out Backup is a dog.

I'll probably settle one one before that, but I think I'll be interested in seeing votes after that anyway. Ideally, I'd like to settle on one tomorrow.

Well, when I first looked at your dog, the name Zeke popped in my head.

I'm choosing Ike because that's kind of close to Zeke.

Of course, if you wanna go my Zeke route, his full name could be Ezekiel 25:17.

Of course, if you wanna go my Zeke route, his full name could be Ezekiel 25:17.
This.

A system of cells interlinked
Backup!

Don't forget that Ike is also the name of the man who beat the crap out of Tina Turner.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ike.JPG
Views:	850
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	18219  

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Rufus and Fergus are hilarious names.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I have a son named Ike.

Prego?

That's what girls say in Britain when they get a bun in the oven. "I'm prego"
Well, then brego is the male version, when a bro gets pregnant.