MoFo Fantasy Football 2022 - Sign-Ups

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Anyways, sorry for pissing people off missing it. Hard to wake up after working third shift. I usually do but didn't set an alarm and there went that.

Let the night air cool you off
I know this is a weird thing to be “me me me” about, but how am I going to draft a player who gets shot multiple times in the same day I draft him? If you think you are a curse to the players you draft, you are now in second place.

I know this is a weird thing to be “me me me” about, but how am I going to draft a player who gets shot multiple times in the same day I draft him? If you think you are a curse to the players you draft, you are now in second place.
Has this happened before for you?

Just looked at my draft recap and my guys graded out to a C with a projected record of 0-14. **** yeah! I love a challenge. Playing spoiler in week 1.

I love the way things get reported today. Multiple gunshot wounds and I swear they were about to say his status for week 1 was "up in the air" or he's "day to day".

Is this the worst drafted Fantasy Football team in league history?? Please respond, and be honest. I dont know how I did this...

QB Trey Lance
WR Tyreek Hill
WR DJ Moore
RB Jonathan Taylor
RB Melvin Gordon III
TE Cole Kmet
WRT Courtland Sutton
K Jake Elliott
DEF Dallas

BENCH
Cameron Brate
Justin Fields
Michael Carter
Breece Hall
Tyler Boyd
Chase Claypool
Treylon Burks
Jarvis Landry

The trick is not minding
Is this the worst drafted Fantasy Football team in league history?? Please respond, and be honest. I dont know how I did this...

QB Trey Lance
WR Tyreek Hill
WR DJ Moore
RB Jonathan Taylor
RB Melvin Gordon III
TE Cole Kmet
WRT Courtland Sutton
K Jake Elliott
DEF Dallas

BENCH
Cameron Brate
Justin Fields
Michael Carter
Breece Hall
Tyler Boyd
Chase Claypool
Treylon Burks
Jarvis Landry
Injuries to key players would help your roster. For instance, if Williams gets hurt, Gordon (who I think is better anyways) would be the starter and he’s very capable of hitting 20 points.
Boyd is the third option behind Chase and Higgins, but if an injury hits any of them, Boyd would see an increase in his production.

Hall has some promise, Brate May see more passes his way with Godwin still out, even with Evans.

It’s still early.

Several of us, at this very moment, have players that are going to be three times as valuable as we think they are now. We just don't know which ones.

I looked at every team after the draft and, just based on current values, I didn't see a single one without at least one major question mark/positional hole. I saw 2-3 that looked less questionable than the others, maybe, but we really just have no idea right now.

The trick is not minding
Right. I grabbed 3 rookies in this draft. I never draft that many, usually.

But the upside was too much to pass up if they work out. The downside is it leaves me with question marks at depth if they don’t developed or are slow to develops while injuries take their toll.

The trick is not minding
Since we’re on the subject. What do you guys like about your roster? What do you perceive to be your weaknesses? How do you defend some picks? Do you worry about depth?

Feel like I say this every year but it's wild to me how much real drafts diverge from mocks. I must've completed close to 20 mocks, experimenting with various strategies, yet often I'd find myself gravitating toward the same players. Then the real draft rolls around and I find myself drafting players I never drafted in a single mock. My plan was to draft 3 RBs in the first 3 rounds. Typically in most mocks I'd land Barkley or Fournette in the 2nd, then Zeke, Conner or Javonte Williams in the 3rd. As Mike Tyson said, "Everyone's got a plan until they get punched in the queue."

Although the draft didn't play out the way I'd hoped, I'm satisfied with my team. The only decision I'm currently second guessing is Dalvin Cook over Derrick Henry. Henry is one of my favorite players. He's the reason that I have a MoFo Trophy on my desk. He was on pace to shatter records last season before breaking his foot. I worry that his body might start to break down this season, but it's not like Cook has been a beacon of health. My decision ultimately came down to their respective offenses, as I expect the Vikings to be much more formidable. Less one-dimensional, more red-zone opportunities, more involvement in the passing game. The Titans are likely going to struggle with their passing attack, so Henry is going to face stacked boxes all season. (Although he's certainly capable of just pushing all those dudes out of the way as he rumbles for a 60-yard TD.)

I don't expect Davante Adams to have the same level of production in Vegas as he did with GB, but hopefully he can still be an elite fantasy WR. I would've preferred Lamb in that spot if I had to go WR, but he wasn't available. I'm happy with Mark Andrews in the 3rd. I don't typically like drafting a TE so early, but he was the #1 TE last season, and with Hollywood Brown now in AZ, I see no reason why Andrews won't remain at least top-3 at his position. He gives me a weekly positional advantage over almost every other team.

David Montgomery isn't a sexy pick but I think he's a great value late in the 4th. He's been productive so far in his career (and he's been much more involved as a receiver than I realized). Chicago should be a run-heavy team, but I worry about their o-line and their offense in general. I strongly considered Akers and Etienne Jr. with that pick, but the latter is too much of an unknown, and the former has been extremely injury prone (and apparently his week one availability is already in question); plus I think Henderson Jr. will be more involved than people expect.

I had Jalen Hurts in my other league last year and I think there's a strong chance I would've had him in our league as well if not for auto-draft selecting him for WhentheLe'VeonBreaks 2-3 rounds higher than he was typically being drafted. Trying to stream QBs doomed me last season as I repeatedly started the wrong guy every week. I wanted to avoid that this season, although I was still content to wait for someone like Cousins. Nobody in round 5 jumped out at me, so I was happy to go with my real-life QB. Hurts should once again have a nice baseline thanks to his rushing and I'm confident that he'll make a significant leap as a passer now that he's got AJ Brown and another year of experience under the same coaching staff. I think he's a dark-horse candidate for MVP, but maybe that's my fandom talking.

I chose to swing for the fences with Michael Thomas in round 6. Dude has barely played the last two seasons, and I don't expect him to look like the #1 fantasy WR he was in the past, but his ceiling was too high relative to everyone else for me to skip over him. Julio Jones is another big name I drafted a few rounds later who will hopefully recapture some of his former glory. People are writing him off like he's washed but I think he could put together some nice stat lines to start the season, especially while Godwin is out. Zero risk, high reward pick. I generally like my depth at WR even if they all have question marks. Elijah Moore was balling before his injury last season. Gallup can sit on my IR for a few weeks until hopefully providing a nice return on investment. Lockett has always been maddeningly boom/bust, and with no Russell Wilson, the boom performances might be nil, but this is still last year's #13 fantasy WR whom I just grabbed in round 11. Again: zero risk, high reward.

Cordarrelle Patterson is my biggest x-factor. I understand the skepticism surrounding him. A former WR converting to RB inexplicitly putting together a breakout season nearly a decade into his career is highly unusual and chances are that last year was an anomaly. Yet it's still surprising to me how far he falls in these drafts considering he was a top-ten RB last season and Atlanta didn't do much to address the position this off-season. Patterson remains one of their only playmakers. I don't need him to put up the same numbers from last year. If he's even a reliable FLEX, then I consider him a huge steal.

I'm annoyed that I didn't land the handcuff for either of my starting RBs. I nearly ran out the clock scrolling for Mattison at one point, not realizing that he'd already been drafted. (Damn you, @Hey Fredrick!) At least I got one of @Yoda's handcuffs, allowing me to continue my yearly tradition of messaging him throughout the season, like, "Hey, you want this guy as insurance?" and failing to get him to bite on any offers.

Since we’re on the subject. What do you guys like about your roster? What do you perceive to be your weaknesses? How do you defend some picks? Do you worry about depth?
I am so set at kicker

I nearly ran out the clock scrolling for Mattison at one point, not realizing that he'd already been drafted. (Damn you, @Hey Fredrick!)

That Bastard! Only times I felt stiffed were rounds 1 and round 3. That round 1 hurt though. Drafting a receiver in the first round is not something I like to do but Chase was the obvious pick there once my guy was gone.

QB is strong for my team. I was feeling okay about my qb strategy and it was working until it wasn't. Everybody had one and Rodgers, Cousins and Carr were all still on the board but I waited one round longer than I should have and ended up with Tua Tagovailoa and Ryan Tannehill. Soon as I saw that mini run going on back up QB's I could hear Saddam Hussein from South Park BLaU yelling "Yeah! You are all really ****ed now!" Oh well.

I actually like the depth I have at a couple positions but my starters at a couple spots are very weak. Hoping Tonyan (TE) can bounce back from ACL and become a go to of sorts for Rodgers now that he has to spread the ball around a little because I have zero confidence in Gesiki doing anything this year and will Tyreke Hill help Tua? Don't know...

Once the injury bug hits I may be able to avoid the Yahoo! predicted 0-14 season with a couple of one sided trades or a lucky waiver claim. Feels like the success of my team will rest on how injury prone the rest of your teams will be. The only thing I'm pretty confident about this season is that I will not lose in the title game again.

Too busy and/or tired to do a really full accounting, but generally:

I took a top four pick specifically because there were four elite players I'd be happy with there. Kupp, however, was the fourth of them. I think my roster comes together better most of the time if I get that top back instead. But hard to be mad getting someone like that.

After that, I just made sure not to chase positions too hard, because I see a lot of people make that mistake every year. That's how I ended up with Kelce: the backs I wanted there were gone. And then by the third, had to have at least one good one, and hence Javonte Williams. I think he's a rare mix of high floor and high ceiling there in Denver this year.

RB looks iffy (though that's true for literally every team other than PW's, as he went RB/RB at the turn), but by most ranks I've got two mid-to-low #2 RBs, which I can live with if I've got the #1 WR, the #1 TE, and a top 4-5 QB, I think. I think those are the kinds of things you live with in a highly competitive 12-team league, and in even half-PPR having those two positions so strong can cover for a bunch of pulls of that RB roulette trigger. I really like having both Waddle and Mooney for that second slot, too. It's just hard for me to imagine neither of those guys takes a significant step forward this year (and last year's production for either is a pretty acceptable floor, too).

My main failing was that in not prepping as much as I wanted to, I have much less confidence in my depth picks than usual, and that's often what I win or lose the league on. Wasn't flying completely blind or anything, but usually I have much firmer targets in those mid and later rounds, whether I get them or not, and this time there were a few that just felt like total dart throws. Not in the sense of needing luck for them to be valuable (that's normal), but in not even really having a preference among, like, three of them. Maybe it would've felt that way even with more time, but who knows.

As the draft went on I didn't like my team much, but as I look at it more after I do.

I had Jalen Hurts in my other league last year and I think there's a strong chance I would've had him in our league as well if not for auto-draft selecting him for WhentheLe'VeonBreaks 2-3 rounds higher than he was typically being drafted. Trying to stream QBs doomed me last season as I repeatedly started the wrong guy every week. I wanted to avoid that this season, although I was still content to wait for someone like Cousins. Nobody in round 5 jumped out at me, so I was happy to go with my real-life QB. Hurts should once again have a nice baseline thanks to his rushing and I'm confident that he'll make a significant leap as a passer now that he's got AJ Brown and another year of experience under the same coaching staff. I think he's a dark-horse candidate for MVP, but maybe that's my fandom talking.
No, I think you're right, and if you win this year (or just have a good year, whatever the dice rolls of the playoffs amount to), it's probably going to be because of this pick. I think you've got a particular knack for spotting breakout offenses and mid-range QBs about to jump a tier, and Hurts kinda has that vibe. This also reminds me of the year Adam went all-in on Lamar Jackson and won the whole thing as a result.

I originally wanted to do something similar with Fields or Hurts or one of those other obviously talented but still sub-elite guys, but didn't like any of my RB/WR options enough at that portion in the draft to do it, so I went safer, but I think this move played/plays to your strengths and is potentially league-winning.