Question about the plot to Fast and Furious 6 (2013).

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
There is part of the plot I don't understand unless I'm missing something.

SPOILER

How is it that Letty was not in the car that crashed in Fast and Furious (2009)? Basically in Fast and Furious she gets killed in a car crash, and they have her funeral what looks like to be a couple of days later.

But now in Fast and Furious 6, it turns out she wasn't in that car at all. But how is it that they thought she was dead if there was no body in the car?

If they found her prints in the burnt car for example, wouldn't they just assumed she escaped the crash and burn and took off somewhere, and was still alive, since there was no body?

Or did I miss something?

There is part of the plot I don't understand unless I'm missing something.

SPOILER

How is it that Letty was not in the car that crashed in Fast and Furious (2009)? Basically in Fast and Furious she gets killed in a car crash, and they have her funeral what looks like to be a couple of days later.

But now in Fast and Furious 6, it turns out she wasn't in that car at all. But how is it that they thought she was dead if there was no body in the car?

If they found her prints in the burnt car for example, wouldn't they just assumed she escaped the crash and burn and took off somewhere, and was still alive, since there was no body?

Or did I miss something?
Ease down. You're already putting more thought into it than the screenwriters.

Ooooh you film snob you.

I actually have no problem with mindless entertainment. I love a good 'splosion and I'm usually the one defending it, and I think popular culture is sort of an art form unto itself. But that also means recognizing it for what it is and not trying to subject it to the same rigorous standards as something with higher artistic aspirations.

My Darth Star is in for a service

I actually have no problem with mindless entertainment. I love a good 'splosion and I'm usually the one defending it, and I think popular culture is sort of an art form unto itself. But that also means recognizing it for what it is and not trying to subject it to the same rigorous standards as something with higher artistic aspirations.
I agree but there are some who look down on action movies...mostly Oscar Judges.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Oh I have no problem against mindless entertainment but this particular entry did try to be more of a thinking movie with a bigger plot than usual, with twists and turns, or so it seems.