An 80's Cartoon with Space Pirates that Sing

Tools    

I am trying to remember an 80's cartoon series.

From what I can remember is that it took place in space and there were good guys trying to get away from these "space pirates." It's an older kid cartoon, artist quality like Thundercats or Bravestar.

At different times throughout the series the pirates would start to sing something like: "We are the pirates of fonda/ fighting for our thing....." Those are not the exact lyrics of course, but something like that.

It is not the obvious 80's cartoons like Pirates of Dark Water etc.. I keep seeing that one come up while searching, but that is not it.

Sound familiar? As I remember more I will add more details.

Edit: The song goes something like this:

We're the pirates of Fonda you see, we do so many nasty old deeds. Oh oh oh - oh oh oh.

Verse: Sleezavilles my name, this is not a game, I'm regulated to be the same.

Those lyrics are totally messed up, but go something like that.

The Treasure Planet (1982)??

Whoa those creators were on acid when they made that, haha! No unfortunately it's not that. It was a TV series cartoon not just a stand alone film.

Thanks for the comment.

Doing some research... found 2 others that might be a match.

Bobobobs (yes, really, Bobobobs)
Jayce And The Wheeled Warriors

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I am trying to remember an 80's cartoon series.

From what I can remember is that it took place in space and there were good guys trying to get away from these "space pirates." It's an older kid cartoon, artist quality like Thundercats or Bravestar.

The song the pirates sing goes something like this:
We're the pirates of Fonda you see, we do so many nasty old deeds. Oh oh oh - oh oh oh.

Verse: Sleezavilles my name, this is not a game, I'm regulated to be the same.

Those lyrics are totally messed up, but go something like that.

Doing some research... found 2 others that might be a match.

Bobobobs (yes, really, Bobobobs)
Jayce And The Wheeled Warriors

It's neither of those, but wow, I totally forgot about Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors. Been so long since I've seen that.

Thanks for looking!

It's not Silverhawks. I remember watching that one a lot as a kid. Has the right quality of drawing though.

Thanks for looking!

It's not Silverhawks. I remember watching that one a lot as a kid. Has the right quality of drawing though.
Never heard of that one – we musn't have had it in the UK. Weirdly the villains are very evocative of Thundercats .

I'm a big Ulysses 31 fan of course but I'm pretty sure that's not the one you're looking for either.

Never heard of that one – we musn't have had it in the UK. Weirdly the villains are very evocative of Thundercats .

I'm a big Ulysses 31 fan of course but I'm pretty sure that's not the one you're looking for either.

I've never heard of Ulysses 31. Looks like I would have really liked when I was growing up.

I've never heard of Ulysses 31. Looks like I would have really liked when I was growing up.
What I particularly like is the reinventions of things from Greek Mythology, but there are original elements, e.g. aliens that are just as impressive.

I found out what it was: Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea! Check it out!

What I particularly like is the reinventions of things from Greek Mythology, but there are original elements, e.g. aliens that are just as impressive.

Yeah, I think Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea (the answer to my question) has those Greek themes throughout the show.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I'd bet money that @Chypmunk has the single on vinyl. And pronounces it ven-yeel. I don't know, but I believe it.

[Nodding face that I can't post from mobile HERE]

*EDIT*
Be sure to get your lists in!!

@ynwtf - I thought everybody knew "vinyl" is correctly pronounced 'vaye-ile' with the "n" completely silent

Are off-screen happenings being allowed for the lists?
There's an utterly superb one in Mary Poppins if they are