Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Intruder in the Dust (1949)

+

In a small racist town a black man is falsely accused of killing a white man. Fortunately, he has a boy, an old woman, and a lawyer to fight for him. It's a very solid film about racial injustice, even if I don't think it is especially memorable.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

23th rewatch
It was on TV yesterday and I couldn't resist... The most amousing part of whole series, IMO.
"Fortune and glory".

His Girl Friday (1940)

This is a great film which is not only at the zenith of the screwball comedy style, but one that far exceeds those boundries.

Howard Hawks direction is superb, but it is the dazzling acting and chemistry between Grant and Russell that dominate the picture. It would be difficult to imagine an actress and actor --past or present-- who could have succeeded in bringing these characters home with such an array of technique and pacing. I've often wondered how many takes that some of those lightning dialogue scenes must have required, along with how much rehearsal.

It's a breathtaking production, which will bring continual smiles to all but the stone-faced..

~Doc

23th rewatch
It was on TV yesterday and I couldn't resist... The most amousing part of whole series, IMO.
"Fortune and glory".

More like
to me.

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
Hard Boiled: 8/10 purely for the action sequences alone.

The plot is mediocre, and the script is average, but my God does this movie have superb action.

Multiple times I found my jaw on the ground after watching a scene. Some sequences are so awesome that you'll find yourself asking yourself, "Did that just really happen? That was amazing!"

For this reason I am glad I did not see it in a theater, I wouldn't be able to rewind and rewatch scenes.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I have fond memories of watching that show after school, and I had a massive crush on Kelly Kapowski. When I got older and saw Showgirls I just remember thinking how upset Jessie would have been at herself.
Right, lol.. First the caffeine pills, now this... I watched that show every single school day after school, even the old "Good Morning, Miss Bliss" episodes, The College Years, the beach episodes, wedding....

I think I heard about a possible re-union... Kelly and Jessie were pretty good looking, I should take a look at them now after all these years.

Divergent (2014)

This Sci-fi action movie was entertaining with more meaningful content than your average blockbuster. I enjoyed it for what it was, but it was a terrible movie. It had Lousy acting, an implausible plot, overabundance of deus ex machinis, a sappy childish fantasy notion of how the world is and how things happen, and the worst martial arts fighting stance I have ever seen in my life. I could bash it more, it was such an awful film, but I actually enjoyed it a lot. It was very entertaining.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
favorite classic Danish movies?
What's your definition of classic danish films, matt? Most of the Danish films I've seen in recent times are with Mads Mikkelsen or Danish film mkers but moviemeditation has given me a list of more to see. I just think danish cinema right now is fantastic, and my eldest brother watches nothing but. He's so addicted he subscribed to a danish film channel.

AboveTheClouds:
Absolutely solid.
ATC, I'm glad you watched and enjoyed that movie. It's in my Top 10 of all-time and I've been trying to get people that I know to watch it for years. I've watched it over and over, not only to see how things you'd think weren't important are (even small little scenes) but to see the awesome acting, especially Stacy Keach and Scott Wilson. Love this movie.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

A cult classic polish comedy about middle-life crisis of eductated man.
"What a grim absurde... To decide about own life in your youth, when you are totally moron".

The Hitman's Bodyguard (2017) -

The great chemistry and amusing banter between the two leads more than makes up for an otherwise bland action comedy film, as long as you don't mind the over-used tropes.

The film is a bit longer than it needs to be, and is completely predictable, however it's still quite entertaining and I would definitely watch it again. I love buddy cop flicks, and while neither Samuel L. Jackson nor Ryan Reynolds play a police officer, the comparison to films like Lethal Weapon is hard not to make. It worked for me thanks to the charisma of those two actors, and my willingness to go along with the film's sometimes insane scenarios, but if you're extremely tired of typical action clichés, you might want to skip this one.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Oh I forgot Hitmans Bodyguard was opening over your way on 17. Not here until 31. Nooooo, I wont be skipping it, you Mofo!!! I love Samuel and cant wait to see Salma as his hot wife.

The Witch. I found it very bleak, total slow burn, and couldnt understand the father so left it probably when it was just getting going. Will finish it some other time. Good creepy atmosphere enhanced by the score, though.