Another forum where I can ask for a movie's title

Tools    

Hi everyone,

in the last years I've been trying to name a bunch of movies, and as you know it's not always easy. When Google doesn't cooperate I come here, but it doesn't always work. Everything else I tried, like asking friends, playing with neural networks like 20q.net, or even exploring
aggregators like suggestmemovie.com, never works. At least to find a specific title.
Some of the movies I'm trying to find really obsess me. If you want to give it a try, here is the list:

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...&starteronly=1

But because nobody here has a clue, I wanted to ask if you know another forum where I can ask. You never know, maybe somewhere else it rings a bell. Thank you all,

Galarth

seems that link is broke

You're right, it's 'cause this website creates addresses dynamically. I found a workaround, click here instead:

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...&starteronly=1

I don't think there's any web site that's especially good for it. I think just about any movie message board, probably has the same odds as any other, if they're all decently active, since you're just hoping to find that random person who happens to recognize it.

I think just about any movie message board, probably has the same odds as any other, if they're all decently active
That's exactly what I'm talking about: links to other forums decently active.

Think the problem is that people often misremember things. There could be a crucial detail you've included that you've actually mixed up with another movie which turns it into a completely different movie, i'm not saying that's happened with any of yours just saying it does happen as obviously most people who use this section only have vague memories or they'd easily be able to find it themself.

Here's a prime example of this from myself - https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=45585

I was so positive that it was a brunette, not Madonna and i didn't think of it as a Comedy at all. It's still so baffling to me that it was Madonna of all people and i never remembered but that's definitely the movie.

Anyway i might take a look at some of those later if i find anything i'll post in the threads.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
That's exactly how memory works. You place a thought onto a page then shelve the book until you need it again. Every time you open that book, you inadvertently modify that page with new contexts of the moment. Reshelving the book each time you recall the memory records with it all new details that may have never been part of the true original memory.

Spooky stuff kinda.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I think this forum is pretty stellar where it comes to answering movie questions.

This is a little self-serving since it's my forum. I just recently started grimshade.com and while it isn't active yet there are several members who may be able to help. If this is seen as promotion and not allowed please remove this post and I apologize.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Try Tipofmytongue on Reddit. They seem to be decent there.

Suspect's Reviews

Thank you, I'm gonna try those.

Any other websites?

Try IMDb they got many users.

Try IMDb they got many users.
How? IMDB doesn't have a message board system anymore.
IMDb community and from there ”Get help from community”.

The community is long gone. The help page community is useless as teets on a bull.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
The community is long gone. The help page community is useless as teets on a bull.
Wait. That wasn't a teet?!?

Blarghf

Luke, nooooo!!

They were useful to me.

They were useful to me.
That's great but I saw so many people disgruntled so the name GetSatisfaction used to really make me laugh. Are they still going or did the CEO cancel it as well because Amazon whined about trolling?

I think it was pretty useful for things like explanations and theories. Not so much for meaningful conversation.
In the times I loo0ked at get satisfaction mods never replied - it was left up to users. And it was usually technical glitches they were asking about. The only time I saw a mod reply was after a huge troll pack attack on a discussion board.

Oh well, not relevant for movie questions anyway. I imagine they would get ignored. It wasnt a discussion board.