Who's the greatest living actress?

Tools    

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
I'd like to add Helen Mirren to the list.

Other than 'Notes on a Scandal' and 'Babel' I can't think of a single Cate Blanchett film I really enjoyed. (I am not a fan of all that lord of the rings stuff). I haven't seen Blue Jasmine though so maybe I should watch it.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
i think shes a great actress and a lovely person
but for whatever reason...i just dont like her
I weirdly like her more in her French roles. The roles that came to mind when I thought of her were La Vie en Rose and Two Days, One Night which I thought she was utterly fantastic in. I haven't seen her in Rust and Bone yet. I did really like her as Lady Macbeth as well, though.

yeah i get that,i think people are normally better in movies in their own language
like salma hayek feks who i think never really got to act out her full potential in us movies.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I wanted to make a joke about "my girlfriend cuz she fakes orgasm", but then I realized I don't have a girlfriend.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

yeah i get that,i think people are normally better in movies in their own language
like salma hayek feks who i think never really got to act out her full potential in us movies.
I'll tell you what is strange – when actors's voices sound totally different in English.

I know that Krister Henriksen has said that he's not keen on acting in English because he's not confident enough with it. That probably helped him in a way for Wallander, as Kurt Wallander doesn't have a fantastic grasp of English anyway, but what's unusual is how Henriksen's voice changes when he speaks it, becoming detectably more stilted and I think a bit gravelly.

In the case of Daniel Auteuil, my favourite actor, he seems to go all high-pitched when he's acting in English .

i think shes a great actress and a lovely person
but for whatever reason...i just dont like her
I weirdly like her more in her French roles. The roles that came to mind when I thought of her were La Vie en Rose and Two Days, One Night which I thought she was utterly fantastic in. I haven't seen her in Rust and Bone yet. I did really like her as Lady Macbeth as well, though.
So far I've only seen her in the beginning of Rust and Bone, and that was enough to make me think that she was definitely a cut above. Interesting that she should end up working with Michael Fassbender on Macbeth as there's obviously a comparable talent there. I'd like to see more of her and she does seem nice. I always think of the time she was in a round table discussion with many other actresses and, when Anne Hathaway mentioned being worried about having kids because of press intrusion, Cotillard said "Come to France, we have laws" .

I think its because of the different "flows" and cadences of accents and language.
If i were to just change the words from norwegian to english it would sound horrible because we speak in a different tone and so you have to change the whole "set up".

I think its because of the different "flows" and cadences of accents and language.
If i were to just change the words from norwegian to english it would sound horrible because we speak in a different tone and you have to change the whole "set up".
Yes, I suppose so. It's topical as the latest series of Beck has just finished here and I was very aware of the different cadence and tone of Kristofer Hivju compared to the Swedish regulars.

Another thing is that I often wonder if actors speaking in a foreign language are as good as I think they are – if the language barrier disguises that some actors are delivering the dialogue better than others. I try and watch the actors as much as possible, though, and especially with Scandinavian actors I've been amazed at the depth of talent in many different productions.

are you swedish?
jupp i agree though,swedish productions and actors are definitely underrated. no one does crime series like them

I definitely think the language barrier can cover up some flaws,esp if its a language you dont know at all.
I love watching movies from around the world,and esp when i watch asian movies i get that sense because not only can i not fault their delivery of lines,but they have a different way of carrying themselfs and mannerisms.
I cant stand watching norwegian movies in all honesty because very seldome do they sound believeable.

are you swedish?
Ha ha, no I'm English .

I definitely think the language barrier can cover up some flaws,esp if its a language you dont know at all.
I love watching movies from around the world,and esp when i watch asian movies i get that sense because not only can i not fault their delivery of lines,but they have a different way of carrying themselfs and mannerisms.
I cant stand watching norwegian movies in all honesty because very seldome do they sound believeable.
Really? That's odd. I recently watched the 2011 The Thing again, which was described as like an "Ocean's 11 of Norway" and I thought the Norwegian actors in that were all great.