Arthouse Mafia: Monthly Thematic Explorations

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right

@Velvet: Neither of these is French New Wave.

Minio, you are always so vague.

Minio, I really am so glad you are here. MoFo would be nothing without your demigod pressence.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

yes I know their not but zotis told me to post about them

edit: Also me and him are getting to Marienbad soon so stay tuned

Well, since you originally wanted to do French New Wave for six months, and Minio isn't going to join till January, I was hoping we could extend French New Wave another month. As I've been reading up on it, it was just such an incredibly influential movement that I think it deserves more attention. I'll leave it up to you guys though, if you want to extend or move on.

I don't think I've seen a single Indian art film. I'd be up for that.

Yeah, let's do French New Wave in January, too, and then Indian cinema in February.

Right. I want complete quiet. COMPLETE QUIET. Oooohhh, you've gone all quiet. Wonderful. A question regarding the upcoming French New Wave January. Do we include Left Bank filmmakers as well, or are we strictly doing French New Wave?

Future topic request: remodernist film movement. I'd like to hear some discussion about it because I'm ironing out my own thoughts on the movement right now.

remodernist film
Watched some shorts a couple of years ago, and posted about them in Movie Tab II, but can't find it now. The shorts are okay, the movement's manifesto is pretty funny, though.