Pet Sematary Remake

Tools    

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/pe...nt-1202603011/

"Following the huge success of summer blockbuster “It,” Paramount is ready to get the gears moving on another Stephen King classic.

“Starry Eyes” helmers Kevin Kolsch and Dennis Widmyer have been tapped to direct a “Pet Sematary” remake at the studio.

Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Mark Vahradian are producing the remake to the 1989 horror classic, which was directed by Mary Lambert and written by King, along with Steven Schneider. Jeff Buhler and David Kajganich wrote the script, and Alexandra Loewy is executive producing for Paramount."

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...ad-cat-church/

"EW shared the first images from Paramount Pictures’ new adaptation of Stephen King’s Pet Sematary, with Starry Eyes duo Dennis Widmyer andKevin Kolschin the director’s chairs.

The photos reveal our first look at John Lithgow taking over the role of Jud Crandall, of course, played in the original film adaptation by the late Fred Gwynne.

Three-year-old twins Hugo Lavoie and Lucas Lavoie play Gage Creed, with Jeté Laurence taking on the role of Ellie Creed. Jason Clarke (Winchester) and Amy Seimetz (Alien: Covenant, A Horrible Way to Die) are our new Louis and Rachel Creed, all pictured below.

“Based on the seminal horror novel by Stephen King, Pet Sematary follows Dr. Louis Creed (Clarke), who, after relocating with his wife Rachel (Seimetz) and their two young children from Boston to rural Maine, discovers a mysterious burial ground hidden deep in the woods near the family’s new home. When tragedy strikes, Louis turns to his unusual neighbor, Jud Crandall (Lithgow), setting off a perilous chain reaction that unleashes an unfathomable evil with horrific consequences.”

Paramount buries the dead on April 5, 2019."

A system of cells interlinked
Weird... I feel like I have seen this all before!

I'm not an advocate of remakes at all. But this looks really good. Mind you, I haven't seen the original.

I'm glad to see John Lithgow. I love that guy!
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa