The Videogames Tab

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
I wish I loved Waypoint more than I do. Continued videos like this one will change that.

#heartwarming

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Time to see if this ol' eye patch fits and burn up a couple Lucky Strikers.

I had forgotten how great and dragged out and overdrawn the intro to MGSV was. Just wanna move fast.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Just invested in Tomb Raider Origins( or whatever its called), Elder Scrolls Online, and Skyrim on xbox 1. Skyrim I only ever half completed it so gonna give it another shot as it's been a few years. ESO played a bit on PC when it was released, see if it's any better now.

What decent mods have people used on Skyrim? What's worth getting? I remember there's s good Star Wars one.

Tired of my PC games atm.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Here be massive pause for thought...

FALLOUT 4 VR specs...

MINIMUM:

Processor: CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 or AMD FX 8350 or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 / AMD RX Vega 56 or better
Storage: 30 GB available space
There's some hope that Oculus trickery (ASW) can knock that down a card or two, even now prior to offical support, but that will still leave my 970 gasping a bit I suspect :/

Finished the story version of Papers, Please. Really put things in perspective. I can now cross Immigration Officer off my list of dream jobs. Especially if I plan to have a family.

It's so hard to stop

Soprettysobrokensoprettysobroken....

I know it's not entirely fair to judge a test release of an eternal alpha on its bugs and performance... But hey that's all they've got . And some of these are pretty persistent issues it seems. (If I'm understanding correctly many of the test pilots are afraid to stand up mid-flight in case the complex air volume modelling decides they don't have any oxygen and insta-kills them...)

Just invested in Tomb Raider Origins( or whatever its called), Elder Scrolls Online, and Skyrim on xbox 1. Skyrim I only ever half completed it so gonna give it another shot as it's been a few years. ESO played a bit on PC when it was released, see if it's any better now.

What decent mods have people used on Skyrim? What's worth getting? I remember there's s good Star Wars one.

Tired of my PC games atm.
I've been playing quite a bit of ESO recently. It's pretty damned solid now and probably the most un-MMO-y MMO going - which is a bonus for me.

@Golgot - I'm not surprised. My 980ti can't keep a solid 60 in Fallout 4 at 1080p so lord knows how it'll run in VR.

@Golgot - I'm not surprised. My 980ti can't keep a solid 60 in Fallout 4 at 1080p so lord knows how it'll run in VR.
Yeah I was kinda expecting big demands, but that's still a helluva a high min spec. A game that only Bitcoin miner's can play. On paper. Strange world...

(Still hopeful that the keen minds gathering around this latest Beth bonfire will be figuring ways to mod it into submission, despite the lack of official support. Guess we'll see )

Yeah I was kinda expecting big demands, but that's still a helluva a high min spec. A game that only Bitcoin miner's can play. On paper. Strange world...

(Still hopeful that the keen minds gathering around this latest Beth bonfire will be figuring ways to mod it into submission, despite the lack of official support. Guess we'll see )
I'm glad I'm not in the market for a new GPU at the moment. Bitcoin mining has made prices totally crazy.

An Xbox One X looks like a sensible alternative to a gaming PC, and I never thought I'd say that.

“I was cured, all right!”
Kojima you little Devil...

I'm so excited with this:

My favorite franchise is coming back!!
I have hope that 'DMC V' will be announced this weekend!

Kojima you little Devil...

!!Still No Gameplay!!

There are some visual cues that smell like Del Toro. Babies in de lung are definitely HK.

Went and tried to hunt down the bits from the VGAs. Seems like tattycus has pretty good taste.

Short of Death Stranding, playstation must be saving all their stuff for psx. Well, they did show Dreams. Good or bad, it's LBP v 3.0 ime . The different design elements; space stuff vs. cuddlies vs. side-shooter is neat. I really like LBP as a side-scroller, not so much the level designer. As a neurotic perfectionist, it was just never worth the trouble sinking all that time into making 1 level. Sorry modders, ik ima punk.

Forgot the main reason I came here today.

There is a good 30for30 podcast about Madden on espn. Not too tech heavy, but possibly a nice addition for your weekend runarounds. Pretty sure they mention the Madden franchise making more money than Star Wars .

Went and tried to hunt down the bits from the VGAs. Seems like tattycus has pretty good taste.

Short of Death Stranding, playstation must be saving all their stuff for psx. Well, they did show Dreams. Good or bad, it's LBP v 3.0 ime . The different design elements; space stuff vs. cuddlies vs. side-shooter is neat. I really like LBP as a side-scroller, not so much the level designer. As a neurotic perfectionist, it was just never worth the trouble sinking all that time into making 1 level. Sorry modders, ik ima punk.
I'd like to thank Geoff Keighley for reaching out to me for my opinions on who should win Best Music and Best Sound. Nice one, Geoff, and I'm sure that the cheque's in the post.

As to the rest of the show, just when you thought Hideo Kojima couldn't get any more overblown and incomprehensible, we get the glorious nonsense that is the latest Death Stranding trailer.

I'm still not 100% sure that it'll ever be released but, if nothing else, you've gotta admire Kojima's chutzpah. He may actually bankrupt Sony.

@Yoda. Yeah, man. That was the announcement which made watching the thing worthwhile.