2017 MoFo Fantasy Football Season

Tools    

Yeah, well, you're welcome. You can thank the Saints for being all confused in their personnel decisions for the first couple of weeks of the season.

And yeah, Freeman won a lot of people their leagues that year, almost single-handedly. That's fantasy football for ya'.

Come on Steelers, you are beating yourselves, GB sux arse.

Now we are talking

Hell yeah

A system of cells interlinked
Playoff picture sure looks muddled! When shall I expect the big write-up?

Let's talk playoff scenarios:

A few weeks ago, the playoff picture looked pretty clear. Now it's a big ol' mess. Normally I caveat things by pointing out that someone isn't TECHNICALLY eliminated, but I'm not gonna do that this year. This year, if somebody isn't technically eliminated only because it's theoretically possible they outscore someone else by, like, 50-60 points, I'm going to count that as eliminated.

So, three teams have clinched playoff spots: me, Spaulding, and PW. Spaulding and I can both still take the #1 seed, but PW's point deficit precludes it. He can finish as high as second, but since I play the last-place Angry Gnomes in the finale, barring a big upset it's probably Spaulding and myself snagging the byes, and he's a slightly better bet to take the #1 seed, I'd say.

That leaves six teams fighting for the last three playoff spots:
Every team but that first one is 6-6, and with five teams having identical records, point tiebreakers are going to be very important. Weirdly, none of those five are playing each other! The only thing close is that Spud faces donnie.

Speaking of Spud, the surprising Discount Chiefs are actually in the best position at 7-5. Lots of teams were in a much better position heading into this week, but I think all three of the other 6-5 teams lost in week 12, which is pretty incredible. His path now is wide open. Win and he's almost definitely in, but lose and he's in big trouble, because that point total is lower than every other bubble team.

@Fabulous is going to win any points tiebreaker, so if he wins he's in, and there's a decent chance he's in if he loses. Though if that happens, he'd become just the second team in league history to make the playoffs with a losing record. @Sedai is in a similar position, but he has the toughest matchup, going against the Censored Clowns.

This pileup makes it pretty much impossible to game out all the scenarios here, so I'll do my best to summarize:

In the Playoffs
Spaulding, me, PW.

Win and In
Spud, Fabulous, Sedai

Lose and Out
TONGO, maybe Spud, maybe 7thson

If I had to bet, I'd say the final three spots go to Sedai, Fabulous, and donnie, but I'm least sure of that last one, and none of the remaining teams would shock me.

Best of luck.

You've cursed me, Skinner!

Historically this season, my team has gone hot/cold/hot/cold pretty regularly. I broke this streak over the past two weeks with two big point performances. So, either my team has finally started firing on all cylinders, or I am due for another cold week at just to wrong time.

Let's hope for the former!

Thanks for the fun write-up, once again.

Let's talk playoff scenarios:

That leaves six teams fighting for the last three playoff spots:
Every team but that first one is 6-6, and with five teams having identical records, point tiebreakers are going to be very important. Weirdly, none of those five are playing each other! The only thing close is that Spud faces donnie.

This pileup makes it pretty much impossible to game out all the scenarios here, so I'll do my best to summarize:

In the Playoffs
Spaulding, me, PW.

Win and In
Spud, Fabulous, Sedai

Lose and Out
TONGO, maybe Spud, maybe 7thson

If I had to bet, I'd say the final three spots go to Sedai, Fabulous, and donnie, but I'm least sure of that last one, and none of the remaining teams would shock me.

Best of luck.

I have to say that I am just happy to be in the running. This year has been a bit interesting for me and it has also opened my eyes on the importance of hunches and gut calls.

I like my chances to making it to the playoffs - kinda like the short stack at the final table... almost.

Pete has now been on the losing end of four of the top six closest matches in league history.
It happened to him again. He's now been on the losing end of six of the top ten closest matches in league history. But then, he's one of only two owners in league history to win a championship with just the 5th-highest overall score, so maybe that evens things out.

I'd be feel a lot better if Cousins wasn't sh*tting the bed right now, wtf

....Im afraid to say anything.

I could topple this barely put together house of cards.

Id give up Doug Martin or Jeremy Maclin for a REAL Tight End y'all

Holy balls. I havent made a trade this season. Holy Balls!!!

Ah, the trading deadline passed I definitely havent been playing like my old self.

Hmmm Maybe I have a shot then?

Second straight week where my bench is outscoring my players. HELP ME!!!! I DON'T KNOW WHO TO PLAY!!!!!

That thing where your opponent doesn't bother to set their lineup for weeks and then remembers the week they play you.
...and then puts up their season high score by a wide margin.

...which is more than they scored with their C-team against both of the teams near you in the standings (who basically got free wins) combined.

Goodtimes.

Second straight week where my bench is outscoring my players. HELP ME!!!! I DON'T KNOW WHO TO PLAY!!!!!
Yeah, depth is insanely valuable in the first half of the season and an utter curse at the end.

I've "guessed wrong" on the Prescott/Ryan thing like four weeks in a row, I think.

I need 78 points from 2 players, It could happen right?

Damn good lineup Mike - schooled me real good.

You should fire your kicker though, he only got you like 6 points and did not score a TD .

DAMMIT

It all comes down to Antonio Brown tonight, who may not even play. If he sits, I am stuck with LaFell, who is a long shot to get the points I need. If Brown plays, I need a good 16 points out of him, and with his toe hurt, that is also a long shot. Bad week for Cooks to go quiet...